Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

JMcMahonEsq

Mcdonalds is also the number one burger chain....is it a great product objectively?
Yes? It is wildly popular and financially successful across the globe? It’s basically the dictionary definition of objectively a great product/company as its success and popularity is based upon “ an assessment, decision, or report—that's unbiased and based solely on the observable or verifiable facts.”

No one cares about your personal unsupported statement that “parks have soured.” And further it’s completely contrary to any measurable statistics or data points there are. It’s simply an opinion, and your entitled to yours, but it doesn’t stand up to any evidence.

Last edited:

JT3000

Yes? It is wildly popular and financially successful across the globe? It’s basically the dictionary definition of objectively a great product/company as its success and popularity is based upon “ an assessment, decision, or report—that's unbiased and based solely on the observable or verifiable facts.”

No one cares about your personal unsupported statement that “parks have soured.” And further it’s completely contrary to any measurable statistics or data points there are. It’s simply an opinion, and your entitled to yours, but it doesn’t stand up to any evidence.

Yeah Right Judging You GIF

Are you for real?
Popularity =/= Quality

JMcMahonEsq

Yeah Right Judging You GIF

Are you for real?
Popularity =/= Quality
Let’s see, first let’s not break your back trying to move goalposts. The original topic was talking about objective success versus personal opinions about what products are “souring”

Second neither I, Disney, or anyone but maybe your mom cares about what you define quality as. Your opinion means absolutely nothing, and is no better than than anyone else’s. What makes a business successful or quality is selling a product that people want. You and your mom can think you make the best burgers in the world…but If the market doesn’t think so and isn’t buying them, they ain’t worth .

But back to the original point, the original post I commented on made an unsubstantiated opinion that in the last 10 years the parks have “soured.” When pointing out the difference between subjective opinions and objective facts I pointed out that every sales/attendance metric is absolutely in oppose to his opinion that the parks have soured. The same holds true of the McDonald’s example. Every objective metric you want to measure points to it being one of the most successful and popular restaurants there is. Your person opinions on quality don’t really matter to the discussion.

JoeCamel

McDonald's isn't large and successful because it offers high quality meals. It's large and successful because it's cheap, and the quality is acceptable for the price -- they couldn't charge Five Guys prices for their burgers and stay in business. There are many factors at play for business success, and overall quality is often not the defining one.

Also, McDonald's has been losing customers in the US for years now. They're a declining business in the United States, not a growing one.
It's successful because Ray put the exact same food in every place. People like to know what they will get, people are lazy
He set the mold for all our chain junk

Last edited:

JT3000

Let’s see, first let’s not break your back trying to move goalposts. The original topic was talking about objective success versus personal opinions about what products are “souring”

Second neither I, Disney, or anyone but maybe your mom cares about what you define quality as. Your opinion means absolutely nothing, and is no better than than anyone else’s. What makes a business successful or quality is selling a product that people want. You and your mom can think you make the best burgers in the world…but If the market doesn’t think so and isn’t buying them, they ain’t worth ****.

But back to the original point, the original post I commented on made an unsubstantiated opinion that in the last 10 years the parks have “soured.” When pointing out the difference between subjective opinions and objective facts I pointed out that every sales/attendance metric is absolutely in oppose to his opinion that the parks have soured. The same holds true of the McDonald’s example. Every objective metric you want to measure points to it being one of the most successful and popular restaurants there is. Your person opinions on quality don’t really matter to the discussion.
You really do sound like the ideal consumer.

No, that wasn't a compliment.

The problem here, which you don't seem to be grasping, is that there's no correlation between anyone else's subjective opinions concerning quality and your "objective facts" concerning popularity. You cannot draw a line between the two points, no matter how hard you try, because popularity and even objective success (or lack thereof) are not evidence of a quality product. The former are often just the result of marketing, convenience, price, low consumer standards, or any number of other factors completely independent of actual product quality. This dichotomy between product quality & success should be something you observe regularly in your daily life. Unless you really do just buy whatever you see everyone else around you buying and call it a day, never trying anything new?

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Second neither I, Disney, or anyone but maybe your mom cares about what you define quality as. Your opinion means absolutely nothing, and is no better than than anyone else’s. What makes a business successful or quality is selling a product that people want. You and your mom can think you make the best burgers in the world…but If the market doesn’t think so and isn’t buying them, they ain’t worth ****.

By that metric Walmart is a retailer of fine items and Disney is a five star destination neither of which is true

nickys

Premium Member
You’re looking at this conversation and decided to police Ayla’s tone and not McMahon’s, with his constant undeserved condescension and very telling references to “snowflakes”? Huh.
I think @Chi84 was just pointing out that using the laugh emoji on posts to show derision is specifically against forum rules, and people have been banned for repeatedly ignoring that.
People should be able to either argue without resorting to insults or walk away if they can’t. There is also the report button if you feel a post warrants it.
And FWIW I don’t much like the tone of either poster’s recent comments, so I am not “taking sides”. I don’t think @Chi84 intended to either. I took it simply as a reminder of the rules.

matt9112

We all know disney lies about wait times...lets drop the term "inflates" its not a balloon its a lie. But the massive discrepancy is whats news to me. Its not a 60 minute wait being listed as 90 its a 20 minute wait being listed at 120.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom