Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

IanDLBZF

Skip the lines should always be in the $90-$120 range to me. There’s a reason Universal’s Express system doesn’t irritate people the way LLSP and LLMP does.

It’s more expensive but it has true promised value. You WILL get on that ride, it’s not an if. You will also get on it whenever you want to. If you buy Unlimited, as many times as you want to, But the price point also means less people are using it vs. almost everyone trying to use LLMP and SP.

Skip the line passes should not be something obtainable by everyone in the park. That defeats the whole purpose of skip the line. Every other theme park in the world has it priced accordingly and has a small pool of people using it and it works perfectly. There is no reason Disney shouldn’t and can’t do the same other than they won’t because of money.

I know its a controversial stance but yeah skipping the line ought to be expensive. Price out all but those really willing to pay for it.

Because guess what happens then? Small lines in the fastpass queue and quicker moving standby.
However, I feel that higher tier APs should have this available as a benefit, and at no extra cost.

Mr. Sullivan

However, I feel that higher tier APs should have this available as a benefit, and at no extra cost.
I would be on board with that! They might have to put some sort of control on it like you can do it once per ride per visit instead of unlimited (I think that’s how most parks who allow a pass to act as a skip the line do it) but as an AP, that would still be a sweet deal imo

IanDLBZF

I would be on board with that! They might have to put some sort of control on it like you can do it once per ride per visit instead of unlimited (I think that’s how most parks who allow a pass to act as a skip the line do it) but as an AP, that would still be a sweet deal imo
Yeah, and it better be an all day benefit as opposed to after 4 PM.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Skip the lines should always be in the $90-$120 range to me. There’s a reason Universal’s Express system doesn’t irritate people the way LLSP and LLMP does.

It’s more expensive but it has true promised value. You WILL get on that ride, it’s not an if. You will also get on it whenever you want to. If you buy Unlimited, as many times as you want to, But the price point also means less people are using it vs. almost everyone trying to use LLMP and SP.

Skip the line passes should not be something obtainable by everyone in the park. That defeats the whole purpose of skip the line. Every other theme park in the world has it priced accordingly and has a small pool of people using it and it works perfectly. There is no reason Disney shouldn’t and can’t do the same other than they won’t because of money.

I know its a controversial stance but yeah skipping the line ought to be expensive. Price out all but those really willing to pay for it.

Because guess what happens then? Small lines in the fastpass queue and quicker moving standby. If they’re bringing that to WDW, then good.

Unfortunately, it will probably be in tandem with LL as it is currently which will once more defeat the purpose and create the same cluster of issues. Just drop LL and implement that higher priced true skip the line.
The pricing would also likely vary a lot based on day and probably park. Universal Express Pass price ranges from $90 up to close to $400. WDW would have some sort of a range as well. The super busy times when it would really be valuable will be closer to the $400. Universal also charges a premium for 2 park vs a single park. It will be interesting to see how they handle their 3rd park now. With Disney will they have 1 price for just 1 park and a higher price that allows hopping? I assume that would be the case.

I agree they will probably keep both LLMP/LLIP and an express pass product which will create issues for sure around capacity.

Splash4eva

They will probably price this at roughly the same price “per person” as a VIP tour would get maybe a little cheaper to give people who dont have the max amount of guests a chance to pay for a similar service and providing yet another huge revenue stream for the parks…

RSoxNo1

Personal guess

• AK 2027 moves to tiers. ILL is one of Encanto/Indy. Tier 1 is FOP, the other new ride, the carousel, and Safari
  • Carsland. E ticket moves to ILL, Tron off ILL and into tier 1. Family ride also on tier 1. Big thunder off tier 1
  • Villians land. 7D finally moves off ILL and into tier 1, cars kids ride moves off tier 1. Biggest villain ride is ILL, second villians ride tier 1
  • Monsters Inc. Monsters moves into tier 1 and boots MFSR into tier 2.
The line skipping systems change more frequently than the build time for new attractions. Trying to predict where rides will be slotted into the 2024 system when we know the rides themselves won't open until 2027-2030 is a fool's errand.

RSoxNo1

I've done a few VIP tours. It's possible for a group of adults to see 15 or 16 attractions across a couple of parks in the 7 hours of a standard tour.

A standard tour can accommodate 10 people. Let's say the hourly rate averages $700 excluding gratuity, so the whole tour costs $4900.

That's $490 per person for LL access to 15 or 16 rides.

A Premier Pass that costs less than $490 per person seems like it would cannibalize VIP tours.

What am I missing here?
The smell of polyester?

co10064

Premium Member
Changing the system again is mind-boggling. I don’t like the current system, but I’m sick of them changing it every year. It’s ridiculous.

SoFloMagic

The pricing would also likely vary a lot based on day and probably park. Universal Express Pass price ranges from $90 up to close to $400. WDW would have some sort of a range as well. The super busy times when it would really be valuable will be closer to the $400. Universal also charges a premium for 2 park vs a single park. It will be interesting to see how they handle their 3rd park now. With Disney will they have 1 price for just 1 park and a higher price that allows hopping? I assume that would be the case.

I agree they will probably keep both LLMP/LLIP and an express pass product which will create issues for sure around capacity.
I doubt this will actually happen, as I can't figure out pricing. Is multipass is $35 and hotel guests can pre-book, how do you justify pricing Premier at 10x the price? Unless it includes all the single pass ones and virtual queue rides too?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I doubt this will actually happen, as I can't figure out pricing. Is multipass is $35 and hotel guests can pre-book, how do you justify pricing Premier at 10x the price? Unless it includes all the single pass ones and virtual queue rides too?
I don’t think it happens either but if they did do it the pricing would have to be outrageous to all but a small number of visitors or it won’t work. I would assume if this did happen it would include all LL rides except maybe something brand new and in high demand (see Hagrid).

Assuming it’s dynamic pricing the high end would only happen at super peak times like Christmas week….similar to Universal Express Pass. So while LLMP may only cost $35 it’s only going to get you 4 or 5 rides during that busy of a week (maybe only 1 tier 1) and you have limited times you can use it. There are 20+ LL attractions at MK and most will have significant waits in a super peak week so if you get front of the line access whenever you want (no reservations) for all those rides it’s going to cost a whole lot more than LLMP. At slow times maybe they sell it for $100 or less but it would have significantly less value.

SoFloMagic

I don’t think it happens either but if they did do it the pricing would have to be outrageous to all but a small number of visitors or it won’t work. I would assume if this did happen it would include all LL rides except maybe something brand new and in high demand (see Hagrid).

Assuming it’s dynamic pricing the high end would only happen at super peak times like Christmas week….similar to Universal Express Pass. So while LLMP may only cost $35 it’s only going to get you 4 or 5 rides during that busy of a week (maybe only 1 tier 1) and you have limited times you can use it. There are 20+ LL attractions at MK and most will have significant waits in a super peak week so if you get front of the line access whenever you want (no reservations) for all those rides it’s going to cost a whole lot more than LLMP. At slow times maybe they sell it for $100 or less but it would have significantly less value.
Yeah. It's just universal doesn't have a $35 option to compare it too. But I guess it makes sense to have something between $35 and $10,000

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yeah. It's just universal doesn't have a $35 option to compare it too. But I guess it makes sense to have something between $35 and $10,000
Don’t give Universal any ideas….Express Pass works fine for the limited people using it and everybody else survives fine using the regular queue. If they added a limited product that was much cheaper but only got you a handful of rides it would just muck up the system.

SoFloMagic

Don’t give Universal any ideas….Express Pass works fine for the limited people using it and everybody else survives fine using the regular queue. If they added a limited product that was much cheaper but only got you a handful of rides it would just muck up the system.
Exactly why disney shouldn't do it ☺

TrojanUSC

I've done a few VIP tours. It's possible for a group of adults to see 15 or 16 attractions across a couple of parks in the 7 hours of a standard tour.

A standard tour can accommodate 10 people. Let's say the hourly rate averages $700 excluding gratuity, so the whole tour costs $4900.

That's $490 per person for LL access to 15 or 16 rides.

A Premier Pass that costs less than $490 per person seems like it would cannibalize VIP tours.

What am I missing here?

Disney also (stupidly) forces nearly all of their VIP tours through the Lightning Lane, where as Universal gets guests right on the rides.

I don’t have faith in them doing this but it would make logical sense to have the tours get you onto the rides via exits, secret hallways etc just as they already do for celebs and execs. It would help keep the tour product a step above.

Touchdown

No way this runs alongside what goes on now this will be the end to MLL, it will be like DLP. There is not enough space for all three without the line being too long for Premier, or there not being enough spots for MLL.

And that’s ok by me, a whole lot less people will use it, those that do will get a good deal and standby will move faster which will be good for everyone else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom