Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

MickeyLuv'r

We were very happy with LLMP at MK and DHS.
That's kind of funny, because we think HS really bites under both G+ and now LLMP. It is by far our least favorite park. IMO, if you don't have a LL, then the queues of all the desired rides are a frustrating mess.

A big factor is that we usually skip Rise. If the ride was reliable, and had a short wait, I'd do it, but I do not feel it is worth $25, nor do I feel it is worth more than a 20min wait. I know others feel differently, and that's okay. It is just an important aspect of my park touring to mention here.

So we had LL's for TSM (9:20am), Slinky (noon), and ToT (12:55pm).
1. Getting in the front gate of HS is always chronically slow going back at 5+ years.
2. Used TSM right away, then had a big gap until our 2nd pass. It was only 9:20, on a relatively slow day, and Aliens already had a 30minute wait at around 9:30am.
3. With some refreshing, I was able to book MMRR for 11:30 and move ToT to 12:10. We rode RNRC standby while waiting.
4. Rode MMRR at 11:30-11:56. Arrived ToT 12:16.
5. By noon, there was not much available to book in HS, especially since we'd already booked most of the important rides. I booked ST.
6. By the time we got off ToT, there was a downpour that turned into a thunderstorm. We waited part of that in the gift shops.
7. LL for Slinky was changed to an anytime pass. At 1pm, it looked like the storm was nearly over, so we walked to Slinky.
9. Slinky reopened at 1:19pm. Even though we had a LL, we waited 19min for ride to re-open, plus 12min in the queue.
10. We got lunch about 1:45pm, did Muppets standby, and ST w/LL. Last year, ST was walk-on. this year it had (what looked like) a solid 20min standby/posted as 30min.
11. We left the park with 3 passes booked for Epcot, but Nemo and Imagination were both walk-on when we used them about 3:45-4pm.

That was also true the other day we went to Epcot. Much of the park was walk-on or near walk-on for much of the day, so the LL were somewhat useless. AND even with the rides nearly walk-on, I still wasn't able to move the LL's to earlier times. Under G+, I was.

MickeyLuv'r

We could have done AK without LL. We also booked FoP, and that was worthwhile.

The passes were useful for Na'vi and Kali, as they did save us some time. For the Safari, I had 8:45am booked, but the standby was only 15minutes. After we scanned, we got LL for EE and Dino.

The passes were useful for both, but that's because it was mid-day by that point. Dino had a short wait before 11am. Kali at around 1pm had a posted wait near an hour. I don't know it was quite that long, but the pass did save us time. DIno was posted at 30, but it was probably a bit less.

By the time we scanned into Kali about 1pm, I already had 3 MK passes booked. I could have had afternoon return times in MK, but we didn't plan to get there until about 7:40pm. When we got to MK, we had LL for Pooh, SpaceMtn, and BTMRR.

I also noticed a small shift due to the tiers. BTMRR is now easier to get. HM is available in the afternoon (for evening), but it is popular as a pre-book. With G+, it was often available most of the day.

We rode ITtbaB standby before leaving AK.

In MK, we were also able to book Buzz LL that night, so we got a total of 9LL that day, plus FoP with a long afternoon break. Though Buzz was walk-on when we rode it once using our pass, and the other walk-on/standby.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom