Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

JIMMYEDDIE

I think if you look at the tier 1 attractions and DAK, you wouldn't be losing much if you were only allowed 1 advanced booking. I understand and appreciate the need for a guarantee, but there are very few 3 attraction combinations that truly justify having 3 advanced bookings.

1 advanced booking + 1 additional booking upon entering the park is more than sufficient. It would eliminate tiers and give guests 2 rolling LLs instead of 3. You could probably also eliminate the 120 min rule by doing this.
I like the 120 min rule/stacking ability but this scenario is a hell of a lot better than what this new system brings to the table.

Tiering and 3 advanced selections destroy it.

ConfettiCupcake

3 rides for $39pp is terrible. Especially when it's only one tier 1.

There's zero value in that.

$39 is the high end of the range. If it’s that high, it’s an incredibly busy day. Some Genie+ users got less than even 3 those days, proof being Disney’s own disclaimer they had to add on.

I agree with you, it’s terrible. $39 for Genie+ and LLMP are both a turn off for me. They have a desirable capacity issue and they’re attempting fix the bottom and average experiences by shifting things around. That in no way means any of it is all that great.

JIMMYEDDIE

$39 is the high end of the range. If it’s that high, it’s an incredibly busy day. Some Genie+ users got less than even 3 those days, proof being Disney’s own disclaimer they had to add on.

I agree with you, it’s terrible. $39 for Genie+ and LLMP are both a turn off for me. They have a desirable capacity issue and they’re attempting fix the bottom and average experiences by shifting things around. That in no way means any of it is all that great.
It's is high end but also if your paying that it means it's very busy and there's no way ur getting ur moneys worth. I think the busier the park day the worse this system is

And the slower then you prob don't need it and can get VQ and buy an ILL

ConfettiCupcake

People like us all could estimate with pretty good accuracy what attractions and how many we could get out of Genie+ on any given day. I don’t think that’s the majority at all. I think we may be underestimating how important the guarantee the attractions before purchase part is to Disney when it comes to increased guest satisfaction and setting expectations.

nickys

Premium Member
Also, I am really puzzled why people like the 3 prebooks so much? I would much rather get more quality selections 90% of the time and more selections overall than three prebooks which is what this is becoming for those that don't get there early.
For me it takes the stress out of a once in 3/4/5 years trip knowing we can do our favourite rides without waiting too long.

And reports in the last few days have shown people are getting more than their pre-books.

These are people who have been “studying” the new system, reading blogs and making sure they are understanding the system. I reckon if I do the same then I should be able to have the same experience as them.

Saskdw

It's is high end but also if your paying that it means it's very busy and there's no way ur getting ur moneys worth. I think the busier the park day the worse this system is

And the slower then you prob don't need it and can get VQ and buy an ILL
But no one is forcing you to buy it?
If you don't see the value to buy it.

If you don't see the value in a Disney vacation then please go somewhere else. They don't deserve your money. We haven't been since 2017 for that reason. Empty rooms and empty parks is the only language they understand.

Dranth

For me it takes the stress out of a once in 3/4/5 years trip knowing we can do our favourite rides without waiting too long.

And reports in the last few days have shown people are getting more than their pre-books.

These are people who have been “studying” the new system, reading blogs and making sure they are understanding the system. I reckon if I do the same then I should be able to have the same experience as them.
I get it, but I am guessing you go for a longer stay because without that many will not even have a reasonable shot at their favorite rides without waiting in a long line. I am willing to bet that many people who go for less than a week will be unable to get at least a few attractions without getting lucky or studying and planning for drop times.

Purduevian

Honest question, how on earth is just picking a new ride each time you use one or every two hours each day more difficult or less dummy proof than tiers with prebooking for an entire trip when inventory has already been eaten up before you even get a chance?
When I book a new LL?
G+
  • What ever comes first from these three as it relates to your most recently booked LL (not relevant to any other LLs you booked)
    • If you tap into your LL
    • If it's been 120 mins since you booked it
      • Unless you booked before park open then the 120 mins starts when the parks opens
    • You missed your LL
    • Or if the ride broke down and you were issued a MEP
LLMP
  • If you have less than 3 future LLs booked
    • MEP do not count

Dranth

When I book a new LL?
G+
  • What ever comes first from these three as it relates to your most recently booked LL (not relevant to any other LLs you booked)
    • If you tap into your LL
    • If it's been 120 mins since you booked it
      • Unless you booked before park open then the 120 mins starts when the parks opens
    • You missed your LL
    • Or if the ride broke down and you were issued a MEP
LLMP
  • If you have less than 3 future LLs booked
    • MEP do not count
Sure, but you left out the additional preplanning that goes into the new system, many people not having access to some rides at all before day of, and the ability to ruin an entire trip instead of one day.

ETA: I guess what I keep coming back to in my head is G+ was basically original FP except you could move times around and yet somehow we are saying that is more complicated than prebooking with tiers and more inventory being eaten up all at once making mistakes get magnified.

Saskdw

I get it, but I am guessing you go for a longer stay because without that many will not even have a reasonable shot at their favorite rides without waiting in a long line. I am willing to bet that many people who go for less than a week will be unable to get at least a few attractions without getting lucky or studying and planning for drop times.
Just out of curiosity how many days are you usually able to go for and how much time in the parks?

ConfettiCupcake

Idk if I’m just getting extremely lucky when I click on the tip board, but I have not been refreshing today just keeping an eye on times periodically throughout the day, and MK looks much better in terms of anything-but-Tiana same day availability and it has all day. Wait times are pretty low but they have been on other days with LLMP despite how sparse LL availability looked. Tiana and JC are the only sell outs I see right now.

easyrowrdw

At 7 days out SDD is already pushed out to the evening by the MINORITY of guests who stay longer than a week and Tiana is already gone. Explain to me how that is better for anyone who previously had a chance at those without having to tack on extra days or pay grossly inflated room prices?
Simple: Opportunity versus Outcomes.

Previously everyone had the same Opportunity. But people had massively different Outcomes based on knowledge of the system.

Now, the Opportunity is different for different groups, but the Outcomes are going to be more similar just by brute force of everyone getting 3 picks at a minimum no matter how dumb or uniformed they are.
That’s how I see it. I think many people were locked out of SDD every day at 7:00. Or at least locked out of a decent return time. This system would allow you to look to the 2nd or 3rd day of your trip to find a good time. That would be your HS day. I think that’s better than a daily crap-shoot to many people.

RSoxNo1

Another tip board snapshot, it’s 4:08 in WDW and with no refreshes at DHS it shows ToT at 6:30, TSMM at 8:20, MFSR at 4:25, Swirling Saucers and Star Tours for immediate or close, and the usual suspects of easy to get ones that I won’t bother to list.

RotR also available but obviously not LLMP.
That's not bad at all. I've seen Soarin' regularly have availability within an hour. We're going to need more than a week's worth of data to truly see the same day impact, but if they're tweaking availability to allow for more same day flexibility, I'll absolutely welcome that change.

I'd like to see @lentesta weigh in on this.

Dranth

Just out of curiosity how many days are you usually able to go for and how much time in the parks?
We typically go for 10 days and always stay on site (DVC). Park time varies but last trip we didn't enter a park until after lunch each day. Other trips we get there early. We almost never spend a full day in the parks but are more than willing to when the occasion calls for it.

I am not worried about not getting to ride everything I would like over the course of our trips, we are there long enough to do it, I just don't like that they are bringing back a system that was functionally worse for a lot of people.

Side note, ironically, FP+ was one of the biggest reasons we made the switch from 7 day trips to 10 day because I got sick of not being able to get good (or any) FP+ selections for things like FoP.

easyrowrdw

But no one is forcing you to buy it?
If you don't see the value to buy it.

If you don't see the value in a Disney vacation then please go somewhere else. They don't deserve your money. We haven't been since 2017 for that reason. Empty rooms and empty parks is the only language they understand.
As a grouchy granny once said, “If you don't want it, then don't buy it!”

ConfettiCupcake

That's not bad at all. I've seen Soarin' regularly have availability within an hour. We're going to need more than a week's worth of data to truly see the same day impact, but if they're tweaking availability to allow for more same day flexibility, I'll absolutely welcome that change.

I'd like to see @lentesta weigh in on this.

Yeah, Soarin seems to be fairly easy to get as an additional LL for as quickly as you’d like it for the most part. That’s similar to how it behaved under Genie with lower crowd days.

I’m still optimistic that for those who are motivated and educated (and flexible with an open wallet too), this system will produce similar results to Genie. That’s not to say either system is great LOL, but it’s the rules we play under.

nickys

Premium Member
Not what I’ve been reading. In here, on Touring Plans and elsewhere.
Availability on the day seems to be better than might be expected.

I think a lot of the data about what comes up for rebooking is based on the times offered. People are booking and modifying to much earlier times.,Both in advance and on the day.

Dranth

I think that’s better than a daily crap-shoot to many people.
I can see how some look at it that way but I think people are being overtly optimistic. My expectation is you are going to have to push out to day 8+ of your trip to find a good time for some rides (just like FP+) so you have gone from a crap-shoot to no chance unless you have a longer stay.

Hope I am wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom