Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Jrb1979

I cant see how it will increase sales.

First folks in the system who see and gobble up all the good return times purchase LL Multipass.

With advance selection, Its the same old problem with FastPass plus, all the good return times are gone.

The good thing is folks can see what's left before they purchase.
I see it increasing sales for resort guests. I can see where the majority of on site guests buy it now.

Chip Chipperson

My hope is you can't modify anything til you either use your first LL or you enter the park.

If they people modify at 7am with no tiers, a lot of tier 1 attractions will be home.
Bare minimum, it should be limited to when the park opens (whatever park you happen to have picked, unless you're scrapping all 3 selections to pick a different park). Letting people modify at 7 AM just means people either still have to do the 7 AM scramble or else people buying it day-of could theoretically have better access to Tier 1 rides than people booking 7 days out who don't know they can modify to more Tier 1 selections before the parks open (available times might not be as great, though).

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My hope is you can't modify anything til you either use your first LL or you enter the park.

If they people modify at 7am with no tiers, a lot of tier 1 attractions will be home.
I agree with this. It would make the most sense that restrictions are only dropped for reservation #4 which can only be booked after using 1 of the first 3. That’s simple and fair.

Supertech65

These are some of the unanswered questions we're all interested to find out.

The 7-day window is tied to your on-property hotel stay, not your ticket. The window starts 7 days before your check-in date.

For off-site guests with date-based tickets the 3-day window starts 3 days before the date you selected as the start date for your tickets.
So for someone like me who has a 14 day ticket, my start date is November 3rd. I'm staying four nights off property to start, then the remainder of my trip I'm doing one night at the Dolphin, 3 nights at Old Key West and then 5 nights at Boulder Ridge. So I would be able to book 3 nights prior to my off-site trip since it's at the beginning, but I should be able to book the length of the ticket?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I cant see how it will increase sales.

First folks in the system who see and gobble up all the good return times purchase LL Multipass.

With advance selection, Its the same old problem with FastPass plus, all the good return times are gone.

The good thing is folks can see what's left before they purchase.
I have a 10 day trip planned in August. I was planning on buying genie+ on 4 and possibly a 5th park day of 10 park days. With the new system I now plan to buy on all 10 park days assuming the rides I want are available 7 days before check-in. My reasoning is time of returns. It’s hot as the surface of the sun in Florida in August. I don't plan to be at parks during the heat of the afternoon sun. Now I can insure I get 3 rides a day in during the hours I’m actually there and any extras after that are just gravy. I can also plan which other rides to rope drop or if it’s even needed. I likely will completely avoid rope drop on multiple days. It’s hot so I’ll still get to the parks early, but 9:30 vs 8:30 makes for a more relaxing morning and makes EMHs at night more enjoyable.

This works for me because I like to plan ahead, I stay on property and I’m not worried at all about the number of lightning lanes I get to use in a day. Quality over quantity.

nickys

Premium Member
So for someone like me who has a 14 day ticket, my start date is November 3rd. I'm staying four nights off property to start, then the remainder of my trip I'm doing one night at the Dolphin, 3 nights at Old Key West and then 5 nights at Boulder Ridge. So I would be able to book 3 nights prior to my off-site trip since it's at the beginning, but I should be able to book the length of the ticket?
That’s unknown as yet.

A week before your Dolphin stay you’ll be able to book a minimum of 2 days. I count that as the same as the date you can start booking the offsite days too, on October 31st.

What we don’t know is whether your split stay on-site will count as one - as FP+ did - or whether the clock will reset for each check-in day.

Either way you’ll get 7 days ahead of each of the Dolphin, OKW and BRV check-in days. You might get lucky and get more. You should know before your trip though.

Disstevefan1

I have a 10 day trip planned in August. I was planning on buying genie+ on 4 and possibly a 5th park day of 10 park days. With the new system I now plan to buy on all 10 park days assuming the rides I want are available 7 days before check-in. My reasoning is time of returns. It’s hot as the surface of the sun in Florida in August. I don't plan to be at parks during the heat of the afternoon sun. Now I can insure I get 3 rides a day in during the hours I’m actually there and any extras after that are just gravy. I can also plan which other rides to rope drop or if it’s even needed. I likely will completely avoid rope drop on multiple days. It’s hot so I’ll still get to the parks early, but 9:30 vs 8:30 makes for a more relaxing morning and makes EMHs at night more enjoyable.

This works for me because I like to plan ahead, I stay on property and I’m not worried at all about the number of lightning lanes I get to use in a day. Quality over quantity.
This is great! As a result of the new system, you will purchase twice as many days!

We all are looking forward to your trip report and tell us how it works!

Supertech65

That’s unknown as yet.

A week before your Dolphin stay you’ll be able to book a minimum of 2 days. I count that as the same as the date you can start booking the offsite days too, on October 31st.

What we don’t know is whether your split stay on-site will count as one - as FP+ did - or whether the clock will reset for each check-in day.

Either way you’ll get 7 days ahead of each of the Dolphin, OKW and BRV check-in days. You might get lucky and get more. You should know before your trip though.
No I understand that but I'm arriving 4 days prior to my first on-site stay, but I'll be staying off-site and that's when my tickets starts (hopefully that makes sense). I was wondering since the first 4 days I'm off-site those guests can start 3 days prior and since I have date based tickets starting on November 3rd I should be able to ,(technically) book all 14 days?

JAB

Yes you can book for the length of your ticket starting 3 days before your ticket start date.

The rest gets a little complicated because we don't know how on-property split stays will be treated yet, but your 4 days off-site would cancel out the difference between the 3 and 7 day booking windows anyway, so your best scenario will still probably be booking all 14 days 3 days before your ticket start date.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
How's that make sense? Tiers are there so people prebooking are spread out amongst popular attractions. Restrictions on that are removed once the park opens.
That’s most likely how it will work.

Biggest question is do I need to use one of my 1st 3 reservations to book #4 without the tier restriction or will I be able to modify one of the first 3 after park open - drop a tier 2 and replace with a second tier 1.

Jrb1979

That’s most likely how it will work.

Biggest question is do I need to use one of my 1st 3 reservations to book #4 without the tier restriction or will I be able to modify one of the first 3 after park open - drop a tier 2 and replace with a second tier 1.
If that is allowed, IMO is when I becomes a problem. If they can modify at park open they will drop their 2 rides for tier 1 rides. If that happens availability for tier 1 rides will be gone just like with Genie+.

nickys

Premium Member
No I understand that but I'm arriving 4 days prior to my first on-site stay, but I'll be staying off-site and that's when my tickets starts (hopefully that makes sense). I was wondering since the first 4 days I'm off-site those guests can start 3 days prior and since I have date based tickets starting on November 3rd I should be able to ,(technically) book all 14 days?
Yes, I kinda said that you might be able to.

But since we don’t know how it’s coded, it could also switch to “onsite” code when you hit your Dolphin stay. And if split stays are treated like ADRs then you won’t get the full length of continuing stay.

There are too many unknowns to know. Yes you might get to book all 14 days, but you might not.

Also, since you have a 14 day ticket, will you be in the US on the 31st October? Because otherwise you can’t book until you arrive in the US - as things stand just now.

Supertech65

Yes, I kinda said that you might be able to.

But since we don’t know how it’s coded, it could also switch to “onsite” code when you hit your Dolphin stay. And if split stays are treated like ADRs then you won’t get the full length of continuing stay.

There are too many unknowns to know. Yes you might get to book all 14 days, but you might not.

Also, since you have a 14 day ticket, will you be in the US on the 31st October? Because otherwise you can’t book until you arrive in the US - as things stand just now.
I live in the US I purchase my tickets from Attraction Tickets separately any time I'm doing longer trips.

Ayla

It just occurred to me that if you are purchasing Lightning Lane Multipass (geesus, who comes up with these names?) for all the days of your ticket at one time, that is potentially a huge chunk of change added to your trip all at one time, vs the daily purchase of Genie+. (Yes, this is kind of a "duh!" moment for me. :rolleyes:)

A family of 4 who books a typical week-long vacation usually has 5 or 6 day tickets. Let's assume LLMP will be priced at $30 a day, times 4 people, times 5 days. That is $600 extra to your vacation cost.

For UK visitors, who are able to buy the exclusive 14 day pass, that is $1680!!

As a reminder, this is to ride rides you've already paid to ride through your admission ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom