Disney Full-time Jobs?

Aroleggim

Original Poster
Hey, I love disney world and would love to work their as a career. What kind of jobs can you work towards to actually make a decent living working at disney. Include anything you can think of...

wedway71

Hey, I love disney world and would love to work their as a career. What kind of jobs can you work towards to actually make a decent living working at disney. Include anything you can think of...

Welcome to the boards...

Well, to be honest, that is a vague question. Do you have a Degree or experience or both or still in school? Are you looking for an entry level job or management?

Disney is a vast employer. There are many jobs from part time food and beverage hosts to Vice Presidents.

I would suggest going to some of the following sites... based on what you are looking for.

Disneycareers.com-This is for the entire company and business units. This is more geared for management,creative, and other leadership roles.

Disneycollegeprogram.com. This is if you are thinking about going to college and working for Disney.

disneycareerstart.com. This is like the college program but for kids that are 18 and want to work right away after Highschool.

Dcpcareers.com. This is for careers strictly for Consumer Products such as Disney Store.

Disneycareers.com/wdwcareers is for entry level hourly roles at WDW.

To be honest, If I had to do it over again, I would have done the following...

Disney College Program.

Then internship. This is a great chance to mingle and network.

Then either apply for full time Management role or.... work for another company-get experience then came back and apply.

The other route for management is getting ALOT of experience with another company, then apply. That is the route I took or should say still taking at 39. I have a Degree in Organizational Management with 22 years management experience with companies like Coca-Cola, Target, Meijer and now I am a Retail Marketing Consulant.I just applied for a West Coast Regional Manager position with Disney Store.... Even with my vast experience, I have A LOT of competition.

Or.... you can just start entry level in the parks but that does not pay that well.. It is like working for a supermarket or fast food full time-entry level. It can be done, but very hard... thats why I would get the college education and try to go higher...

Good luck!

emporiumgirl06

Do you have any advice for pluging in with Disney to become a College Program recruiter? I am doing my second program this fall, and my hopes is to come on full time with disney as my career. I am really interested in working with the college program, because it has changed my life for forever. Is it possible to meet with a CP recruiter to find out more info? :) Thanks for the help!

Captain Hank

Your best bet would be to try to contact a CP recruiter directly, or through your college's campus rep. The CP administration office just moved from Epcot to...I belive Vista Way. They'd be an excellent source of information. You might also want to speak to your local leaders--they might have some good contacts to set up a meeting or possibly a shadowing opportunity.

Aroleggim

Original Poster
Thanks alot. I'm in high school now and am thinking about different career paths and such. I do alot of theater stuff. Do any of the disney actor's (whether in show or on rides) and/or theater production staff get decent money?

Tinkrbell

Thanks alot. I'm in high school now and am thinking about different career paths and such. I do alot of theater stuff. Do any of the disney actor's (whether in show or on rides) and/or theater production staff get decent money?

I'm not sure what pay rate performers start at, but I know they get "premiums" depending on what they're doing. There's the base pay & that's what the fur characters (mickey, chip, dale, pluto, etc) get paid. There are face premiums (for face characters, princesses, etc). There's stilt premiums, & I believe a "mover" premium for being in high intenisty parades like Block Party & Move It Shake It Celebrate It. I'm not sure how much each of the premiums are or anything like that.

I work in costuming & costuming starts at $7.25/hour. After my college program ended last year, my pay rate went up 10 cents & again before I worked in January. I'm taking a pay cut & going back to $7.25/hour when I go back in August for another College Program.

I'm not sure about what kind of pay technicians get.

It's possible to make enough to live off of working for Disney, but you have to budget & make adjustments to your lifestyle to make ends meet sometimes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom