Disney forcing us to $pend even more at their re$ort$

What is the most outrageous of the outrageous price gouging that Disney is currently engaged in?

• Converting the FREE Fast Pass system to the PAID Genie+ with less benefits

• Increasing Annual Pass prices while slashing the benefits

• Eliminating FREE parking at the resorts and charging a per night fee

• Raising resort room rates dramatically and forcing guests to book a minimum of 2 nights

• Charging $5,000+ for the Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser experience

• Eliminating FREE Magic Bands for resort guests and charging for them instead

• ALL OF THE ABOVE!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Toodycat

Disney may have started out “affordable,” but let’s not forget that your wages buy a lot less today than they did when the parks opened. Obviously, Disney is responsible for their own price hikes and added charges, but if wages had kept up with increased costs over the years in real estate, tuition, health care, and so on, you might still find WDW affordable in spite of the uptick.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Avoid going in reverse , double tap to put the car in neutral at stop lights, stop and go traffic can shorten the trans life span of a single clutch Gallardo and Aventador, but the newer dual clutch Huracan is more reliable. Try finding a used Lambo at a good price. There isn't any, dealers are asking and getting top dollar for models. I was at DAK Lodge a few years ago, and I noticed at the far end of the parking lot a Lamborghini and Ferrari parked side by side far away from any other cars.

Considering the state of most roads, you might as well get your own flatbed to carry it around.

Archie123

It depends on how you define honest. If you define it as wanting to give an excellent product at a reasonable affordable price then yes. If you do it by increasing cost then try to tell us that what they are presently giving us is better then it once was then, no they aren't honest and they are symbolically picking your pocket and you are holding said pocket open for them.

Please just stop as your arguments are ridiculous. Disney is not being dishonest because they are increasing costs and trying to spin a narrative that you don't like or agree with. You know what the costs are to do a Disney vacation ahead of time and you have the choice to go or not. You can disagree with the changes that they have made but not liking them doesn't show dishonesty at all.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Please just stop as your arguments are ridiculous. Disney is not being dishonest because they are increasing costs and trying to spin a narrative that you don't like or agree with. You know what the costs are to do a Disney vacation ahead of time and you have the choice to go or not. You can disagree with the changes that they have made but not liking them doesn't show dishonesty at all.
Back in the day, we used maps, rented books from the library about WDW and based our vacation on that. Now with the internet at our fingertips we should all know what pretty much what the pricing is for many things , travel and vacation. I remember I borrowed a travel book from the library about Hawaii and read it cover to cover when I flew 11 hours to HI back in the day. There were no blogs, posting , Facebook etc at that time.

Smooth

Back in the day, we used maps, rented books from the library about WDW and based our vacation on that. Now with the internet at our fingertips we should all know what pretty much what the pricing is for many things , travel and vacation. I remember I borrowed a travel book from the library about Hawaii and read it cover to cover when I flew 11 hours to HI back in the day. There were no blogs, posting , Facebook etc at that time.
Yes. I have done that many times. But for some reason it seemed easier and more enjoyable. But I did not have to 'rent' books from the library. 😄

Goofyernmost

Nope, it's not contradictory. It means that consumers are still buying the product offered at the pricepoint in sufficient quantities that it is profitable. This is inclusive of all costs required to supply said reduced in scale product.

Specifying what someone does with whatever remuneration they receive in exchange for their work is silly. Once they have passed the legal requirements for non-cash compensation (SEC Rule 10b-5 which covers insider trading) it's theirs to do with as they please. As of 2020, Iger was the largest individual Disney stockholder with a little over a million shares but that represents only 0.06% of the total stock, the majority of it is owned by institutional investors. Just this year Iger sold 49% of his Disney holdings.

Your Walmart employment argument works here as well, as Disney employees have negotiated compensation for work done. It's up to the board of directors to work out what dollar figure that would be for executives.
I just finished saying the the affects take awhile if they are going to happen, it won't be immediate. So just wait and see. I will be happy to be wrong, but, companies as big as Disney seemed bullet proof until they weren't. It can happen to Disney as well as any other. I, also never said that Iger couldn't do whatever he wanted with his wealth, however, there usually is a reason why one would sell a sure thing. Especially by someone that is an intricate part of the decision making. It kind of shakes my confidence, but like I said, we will just have to wait and see. In the immortal words of Doris Day... "Whatever will be, will be"!

Goofyernmost

Yes, your majesty, I will stop expressing my opinion because you have demanded it. It won't change anything but continue on with your delusion. I'm sure the Disney hasn't been playing mind games on people for a number of years. I know you don't like to hear this opinion, that is quite obvious! That does not, by itself make it anymore ridiculous then your thinking they don't.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I just finished saying the the affects take awhile if they are going to happen, it won't be immediate. So just wait and see. I will be happy to be wrong, but, companies as big as Disney seemed bullet proof until they weren't. It can happen to Disney as well as any other. I, also never said that Iger couldn't do whatever he wanted with his wealth, however, there usually is a reason why one would sell a sure thing. Especially by someone that is an intricate part of the decision making. It kind of shakes my confidence, but like I said, we will just have to wait and see. In the immortal words of Doris Day... "Whatever will be, will be"!

It's called "estate planning" Bob is 70, his wife is 57, and he has 4 children so a diversified portfolio is in order so that any industry taking a hit won't have the potential of a drastic impact. As he's retired, I'm sure he has people to manage his investments now.

Sorry to say that Doris Mary Anne Kappelhoff left this mortal coil two years ago and they weren't her words, Jay Livingston and Ray Evans wrote that song, she was just one of the performers.

eliza61nyc

Elastigirl_wearing_Hypno_Goggles.png

sorry I'm watching Incredibles and this just seemed appropriate. We are definitely jumping the shark now. maybe instead of magic bands??

Ulysses McGill

The only way Disney Parks & Resorts works out for my family is by being DVC members. Without those perks and discounts, it would be financially impossible for us to vacation there anymore.

Archie123

If people do not research where they are going to on vacation and they discover costs that they weren't expecting then that is on them. And that is for everywhere, not just Disney. Again, there is no dishonesty on Disney's part.

Lilofan

If people do not research where they are going to on vacation and they discover costs that they weren't expecting then that is on them. And that is for everywhere, not just Disney. Again, there is no dishonesty on Disney's part.
Dishonesty is a reason I don't agree with but to each his own.

Archie123

Yes, your majesty, I will stop expressing my opinion because you have demanded it. It won't change anything but continue on with your delusion. I'm sure the Disney hasn't been playing mind games on people for a number of years. I know you don't like to hear this opinion, that is quite obvious! That does not, by itself make it anymore ridiculous then your thinking they don't.

Nice passive aggression you got there Goofy. No worries, you can still voice your opinion no matter how silly and illogical your arguments are.

And just call me Sir. No reason to use the majesty title on me. It’s so formal. ;)

Last edited:

Lilofan

Yes, your majesty, I will stop expressing my opinion because you have demanded it. It won't change anything but continue on with your delusion. I'm sure the Disney hasn't been playing mind games on people for a number of years. I know you don't like to hear this opinion, that is quite obvious! That does not, by itself make it anymore ridiculous then your thinking they don't
Don't like it , don't go and spend your money elsewhere. Life is too short.

SteveAZee

I'm staring at my copy of "Maui Revealed" on my bookshelf. 😁

Goofyernmost

It's called "estate planning" Bob is 70, his wife is 57, and he has 4 children so a diversified portfolio is in order so that any industry taking a hit won't have the potential of a drastic impact. As he's retired, I'm sure he has people to manage his investments now.

Sorry to say that Doris Mary Anne Kappelhoff left this mortal coil two years ago and they weren't her words, Jay Livingston and Ray Evans wrote that song, she was just one of the performers.
My goodness you are up on things aren't you. OK, maybe it was "estate planning". I'm sure he had to be very careful because he was probably down to his last dollar and needed to see if he could invest in something more solid than The Walt Disney Company. He doesn't send me notes, you may be right.

Doris Day died along with Doris Mary Anne Kappelhoff at exactly the same time. And Doris Kappelhoff as well as Doris Day made the song famous. Others tried but she nailed it. Who wrote it is of little consequence except to Jay Livingston and Ray Evans. Both dead now, so of little concern to them.
Don't like it , don't go and spend your money elsewhere. Life is too short.
Here we go again. I have already expressed that I am not going and now I am in a discussion about why and how I feel about the current way things are going or have already gone. That statement has already been approached and responded too. I fully intend to spend my money someplace else so your flogging a dead horse but I still feel that I have invested enough time and money into the Walt Disney Company to be able to express my opinion about what is happening to the place I once couldn't go to enough. I'm angry, in a sense because I am being excluded and like the drunk uncle at a wedding reception I am no longer wanted there. But, I can still express my upset and at least I still explain why I have those opinion. All I see from others is "If you don't like it, Don't go!. Rest assured, I am not. Why not discussion about why I should like it?

Goofyernmost

Nice passive aggression you got there Goofy. No worries, you can still voice your opinion no matter how silly and illogical your arguments are.

And just call me Sir. No reason to use the majesty title on me. It’s so formal. ;)
What was passive aggressive about what I said. I think it was directly to the point. You demanded I stop saying things that YOU have decided were ridiculous, I told you to stuff it. How much clearer must it be? If you were to stop trying to control me and just not respond we never would have gotten this far. I'd personally like to stop so if you stop reacting negatively and insultingly to my posts I will have no reason to respond.

Archie123

What was passive aggressive about what I said. I think it was directly to the point. You demanded I stop saying things that YOU have decided were ridiculous, I told you to stuff it. How much clearer must it be? If you were to stop trying to control me and just not respond we never would have gotten this far. I'd personally like to stop so if you stop reacting negatively and insultingly to my posts I will have no reason to respond.

I think the majesty name calling might have done it but you be you. :rolleyes: Oh and you can stop making some pretty funny accusations about me demanding anything as that nonsense never happened. I mean you made a lot of people laugh when you said Disney is dishonest and I am always happy to see people post some crazy theories like that. Anyways, you go and have an awesome night.

Last edited:

Benjamin_Nicholas

The real problem is that a lot of the Disney old-timers can't fathom that the parks are no longer what they used to be... And frankly, they never will be. Walt is dead. Time marched forward. We do too. It's how progress works.

Business is business. If this new Disney and beyond isn't to your liking, you can vote with your wallet and go somewhere else. Much like frequent flyers who bemoan changes to their airline, you either accept the change or you move to a competitor.

Disney is very close to being a 'too big to fail' company. Furthermore, I don't see them taking a huge loss from the frugal folks who were nickel & diming their last 10 trips.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom