Disney for Labor Day weekend? Good idea or bad?

FLDIS86

Is it a good idea to go to Disney World for Labor Day weekend? Will it be insanely crowed even though most south florida schools will be back in session? Planning to go Sept 1 - 4? Any thoughts?

real mad hatter

Hatter, are you always so bloody happy and positive???!!!! :D
Well five years ago a good friend of mine was deciding if he should take his 5 year old son and wife to WDW in Florida.It was something that I talked him into as his boy was Disney daft,anyway he put it off for various reasons,not money,and said he would do it next year,next year came and went,finally after four years he decided to book it,and with my help they were all booked up for the CBR.However in the space of three months,he was diagnosed with cancer and sadly passed away.He was still in his forties and never got that magic holiday.Sorry to sound so mournful but it made me look at life so different.Hence when I read about people deciding if they should go for it,I say YES.

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

Well five years ago a good friend of mine was deciding if he should take his 5 year old son and wife to WDW in Florida.It was something that I talked him into as his boy was Disney daft,anyway he put it off for various reasons,not money,and said he would do it next year,next year came and went,finally after four years he decided to book it,and with my help they were all booked up for the CBR.However in the space of three months,he was diagnosed with cancer and sadly passed away.He was still in his forties and never got that magic holiday.Sorry to sound so mournful but it made me look at life so different.Hence when I read about people deciding if they should go for it,I say YES.
Life is to short, live in the now!

We sometimes hook a vacation onto a holiday weekend. DH doesn't get as much vacations as he used to since he retired and got a new job. We really don't mind, afterall we are on vacation, escaping the real word, in our happy place.

Upvote 0

dave&di

It's a shame these things have to happen to show us that life needs to be lived. Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

FLDIS86

Original Poster
Thank you for your Insights, but I frequent the world as much as I can with my family, however we have never been on labor day weekend, and I wanted to find out if the crowd level will be high since it's a holiday weekend. We will be getting FL Resident Seasonal Passes this year for the first time, and I am very excited to first use them come sept 1st.

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

Thank you for your Insights, but I frequent the world as much as I can with my family, however we have never been on labor day weekend, and I wanted to find out if the crowd level will be high since it's a holiday weekend. We will be getting FL Resident Seasonal Passes this year for the first time, and I am very excited to first use them come sept 1st.
My brother was down the last week of August into Labor Day weekend. The week was very quiet, we plan on going down witht them this year. Attendance did pick up as the weekend arrived.

Upvote 0

dave&di

I don't think it's as busy as people presume it to be, although various books state it a hectic weekend, I've heard people say it's never overly crowded.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

I have been to Disney twice over Labor Day weekend. One year, it wasn't busy at all, except the weekend was a bit busier (locals visit weekends through out the year, so was no surprise there). Most schools are back in session, the day after Labor Day, and most families are busy getting ready for the school year. However, another year we went over Labor Day it was busy, busy, busy all week. (Alot of families who home school had the same idea I did, I guess). It's no where near as busy as say July 4th or Thanksgiving or Christmas, I thought the crowds were very managable. Good Luck!!!

Upvote 0

nolatron

I went last year for Labor Day weekend. Just my 3yr old DD and myself. It's a great time to go. Crowds aren't too bad and weather is nice.

Labor Day week is one of our favorite times go.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I've heard the gamut of reactions from "not bad at all" to "insane, especially in the MK." I'd guess that the other three parks wouldn't be as busy that weekend; if you go as much as you seem to go it might be a good time to forsake MK in exchange for Epcot/DS/AK.

Upvote 0

rsoxguy

Any national holiday is going to draw larger crowds. The Magic Kingdom always seems to attract more people than the other parks. I am of the opinion that crowd-tolerance is up to the individual guest. I have been to WDW for most major holidays, or at the least I have been there for the weekend related to the holiday. I usually tolerate the crowds according to my mood for the day, which usually involves patience and cheer. If you are a patiently tolerant person, go. The crowds will be tighter, buy not oppressively so.

Upvote 0

DisneyPup

DH and I have been to WDW the past 3 Labor Day weekends. It actually wasn't crowded any of the times we have been. We walked onto most rides at MK and short waits for some of the bigger attractions. I would say that it is one of the least crowded weekends!!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom