Disney Flee market?

goofntink

Love Property control and checking out it's lost and found stuff.:lookaroun
Ohh.. and great for cheap pins for pin trading and shirts.

Just so you know you DO NOT have to be a cast member to go to Property Control. That is were mousesurplus gets EVERYTHING they sell. You must sign in at the trailer and they will let you in. Cast Member recieve an additional 20% off the already low price. I bought a magizine rack in the shape of a mickey head for 10 bucks. Mousesurplus is selling them on ebay for 150!!!! Property Control also has an email bid list. It's worth getting signed up for that. The bid list is how they sell the CHOICE collectables, Ride cars, props ETC...

olmec26

Just so you know you DO NOT have to be a cast member to go to Property Control. That is were mousesurplus gets EVERYTHING they sell. You must sign in at the trailer and they will let you in. Cast Member recieve an additional 20% off the already low price. I bought a magizine rack in the shape of a mickey head for 10 bucks. Mousesurplus is selling them on ebay for 150!!!! Property Control also has an email bid list. It's worth getting signed up for that. The bid list is how they sell the CHOICE collectables, Ride cars, props ETC...

And how would a non-CM get to this trailer?

Siege898

Get off I-4 at Lake Buena Vista. Take 535 away from Preimer Outlets. Take a left on 535 (the first light after hotel plaza blvd.). Go down a few miles and take a left on Reams Road. It will be on your left past the Magic Kingdom Cast parking lot.

As to being open to the general public, there are 2 buildings. The trailer (or building 2) is open to only CMs (NO GUESTS), and this has lost and found items and super closeout items. Everything at least 75% off (today it was 90% off). In the warehouse (building 1), they are supposed to allow only CMs and guests. Today there was someone at the door checking cast ID's, last week there wasn't. So its very hit or miss. You're welcome to try.

Also, they have a sign in the warehouse saying about how all this stuff is not for resale and such so if mousesurplus gets their stuff from there, its quite illegal.

Thats my knowledge of Property Control.

totben

There is always someone checking Cast ID's. They might be outside or inside depending on the person and how hot it is outside. Even if you get past them you can't buy anything at all without a cast ID. My sister tried buying stuff when i brought her in and they said that I had to buy it with either cash or my own credit card. name on the card has to match the name on the Cast ID.

You are almost right. There IS sometimes people checking IDs. If you tell them you are a vendor they will let you go in and buy anything. You must first sign in at the trailer and they will give you a badge to present to the cashier. If you are a cast member you will recieve an additional 20% off. I go there once a week and I am not a cast member. I have been buying stuff back there for years and have never had a problem. As for mousesurplus, TRUST ME EVERYTHING he sells comes from Property Control. Go there and see what is for sale at property control then go see his ebay site. He RAPES people. If it wasn't for PC he would be out of business!!!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
You are almost right. There IS sometimes people checking IDs. If you tell them you are a vendor they will let you go in and buy anything. You must first sign in at the trailer and they will give you a badge to present to the cashier. If you are a cast member you will recieve an additional 20% off. I go there once a week and I am not a cast member. I have been buying stuff back there for years and have never had a problem. As for mousesurplus, TRUST ME EVERYTHING he sells comes from Property Control. Go there and see what is for sale at property control then go see his ebay site. He RAPES people. If it wasn't for PC he would be out of business!!!

Maybe so, but that's free enterprise. Disney tries to basically get cost out of an item. MouseSurplus tries to get the collectibility value out of an item.

Plus, how many CM's can actually afford a used ride vehicle?

awagentx

It's always been my understanding (or assumption) that most of their stuff comes from Property Control, to be resold to the general public. I don't know if that's true or not - I'd love to know where they get all that stuff otherwise. And I want to go there sometime, just to look around... :)

Not all of the stuff comes from PC, allot comes from the independent contractors that Disney hires to renovate, that is how they get the furniture and large stuff, as to the monorail, it has been sold, but they still have 1 horisions car, and 2 of the old blue the living seas cars, and property control use to be able to buy and then resell, but they changed the rules back in march i think, since then everything but the furniture etc. comes from the public outlet stores that get the overruns.

Edit:

and as for the vendor thing, you go and sign in the first time you go you have to have a business license with you, and fill out a decent amount of paperwork saying that you won't sue them if something you buy causes trouble etc. but after that you show up and sign in, but i have always found when i go on my own if you walk like you own the place and are wearing nice a nice outfit (button up shirt and dress slacks) no one will ask for id or you can get away with it is in my car and i caught a ride with jimmy over there....

slooger99

its Property Control by the MK Costuming Department. They have almsot anything you would want that is a discontinued or damaged Park Merchandise "thing", they also sell used cars that Disney used.

goldenears

Ok, here's a little tidbit of info...If you love the furniture at the Carribean Beach Resort, someone has bought up quite abit of it from the rehab being done for the Pirates theme and has it listed on Ebay. Fridge cabinets, armoires with the tv's, chairs, bedding, shower curtains, etc. They also have items from other resorts. If you go to Ebay the items are being sold by "dizzimouse". Really cool.

Property Control is very "hit or miss". Sometimes, you'll end up with some great stuff...new pins great for trading, 5 dollar tees, etc...other times, you're left with broken photo frames and mutilated plushes.

mrerk

Premium Member
Ok, here's a little tidbit of info...If you love the furniture at the Carribean Beach Resort, someone has bought up quite abit of it from the rehab being done for the Pirates theme and has it listed on Ebay. Fridge cabinets, armoires with the tv's, chairs, bedding, shower curtains, etc. They also have items from other resorts. If you go to Ebay the items are being sold by "dizziemouse". Really cool.

Ebay says user dizziemouse not found.

scottnj1966

I think she was probably referring to a tent that is put up sometime before Christmas that is only open to cast members and their guests.

I have seen it. It is only for cast members and their guests.
Its back past the monorail barn.

See if they will taske you as a guest.
I have been there and the prices are crazy. I bought a few my pal mickeys in the box for 5 bucks each.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom