Disney Fires Film Production President

As a shareholder, I'm worried that this reorganization will limit Disney too much and prevent a sufficient supply of movies from the company. I think that the cuts are way too drastic.

netenyahoo

Seems a shame. The article makes her sounds so great. I also have serious questions about the changes coming. A marketing person gets to pick the movies that are produced. It will be interesting to see what movies he picks.

RickEff

It probably didn't help that M. Night Shyamalan chose to not work with Disney Productions anymore because of Nina. He's been a relative cash cow for them.

durangojim

RickEff said:
It probably didn't help that M. Night Shyamalan chose to not work with Disney Productions anymore because of Nina. He's been a relative cash cow for them.
From what I've heard about his new movie and his giant ego, Disney has severed ties at the right time.

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
rjamerson said:
Wow. I didn't realize men were having babies these days.

roflmao

I see the executions have begun! Excellent. I hope all of the former eisner loyalists are thrown out.

This is what you get for producing movies like "The Alamo" and "Herbie FULLY LOADED!"

Captain Chaos

Lewis Carroll said:
roflmao

I see the executions have begun! Excellent. I hope all of the former eisner loyalists are thrown out.

This is what you get for producing movies like "The Alamo" and "Herbie FULLY LOADED!"

Hey it could have been worse under Eisner.. We could have had a ton of cheap sequels released straight to DVD.....

And for the record, Herbie Fully loaded wasn't that bad of a movie...

RickEff

dopey said:
Should've done it after "Unbreakable."

Opinions of the quality of his films aside (I particularly think a lot of his ego is warranted) all of his movies have made incredible profits for the company. That's just US box office alone. International and DVD sales make him a profitable commodity.

Since1976

~LeeLee~ said:
yes, actually at the hospital while her partner was giving birth... terrible timing. :confused:

That is pretty harsh. Then again, it was she who called Mr. Cook from the hospital, and I guess he didn't want to beat around the bush when he was being confronted so bluntly. Better to rip off the band-aid right then and there.

I'm not so sad for her though. I'm sure the severance package will be very nice. As for the more lowly Disney employees losing their jobs... :(

los14

thedisneyfan said:
As a shareholder, I'm worried that this reorganization will limit Disney too much and prevent a sufficient supply of movies from the company. I think that the cuts are way too drastic.

My understanding was that the plan was to produce fewer movies.

Since1976

dopey said:
Should've done it after "Unbreakable."

What's with the lack of "Unbreakable" love? I love that movie. Very cool, very low key superhero movie. Of course, people who were expecting the horror chills of "The Sixth Sense" had every right to be disappointed.

I think M. Night's work really went downhill with "Signs", and hit rockbottom with "The Village." He's a great director, but his writing formula became too transparent and even pretentious.

Disney (and Nina J.) were right to cut him loose.

natalia1681

rjamerson said:
Wow. I didn't realize men were having babies these days.

See, sometimes when a man and a woman love each other, they decide to have a baby.

But some other times a woman and a woman love each other and they decide to have a baby. :lol:

imagineer boy

Well this is good. One less Eisner loyalist to worry about. Hopefully this could mean the return of M. Night Shylaman. I think he is a very talented director. I also think that Signs and the Village are two very underrated movies. Signs was very scary, and the Village, while not scary had some of the most beautiful cinematography I've ever seen.

This also means that there will be less crap films made by Disney, tarnishing its reputation for quality, and bring on the really good films. Things really are looking up for Disney in terms of its Movie industry, and Pirates is just the beginning!:sohappy:

metscool

I am in shock why would they do that after PotC did so good the past two weeks. And it keeps selling out at the theater that I work at.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom