News Disney extending Walt Disney World Annual Pass duration by an additional month

jaklgreen

Any thoughts or intel on whether this extra month would be pro-rated for people whose AP expired during the closure period? My pass has been extended for 49 days (Mar 15-May 5, my original expiry date). I wonder if I'll be eligible for a portion of an extra month? So many questions!!

My pass expired on May 23 of this year. So if they had just extended it from the time the parks went down, it should have expired the end of July. But, I just saw that they extended mine to Sept 19th. So I got a bit of extra time. Of course, my trip is planned for October LOL. But I would have had to renew anyway so I am not out anything. I think that they are just adding a certain number of days to the end of everyone's pass and calling it good. That is the easiest thing to do from a programming stand point.

techgeek

I have a monthly AP set to originally expire in early Sept. I’ve held off on pulling the ‘extend’ lever, and now I have no idea what I should do honestly. I’m leaning towards the new cancel option, but I sort of want to see how bad it all works out to be first... what the actual experiences are like, and how easy it is to get park reservations.

As locals we would have normally just dropped by for an afternoon or evening on a whim... there’s no way I’m planning out my visits days or weeks ahead of time. If that’s the new reality, I might as well just cancel and wait.

Den Carter

My pass expired on May 23 of this year. So if they had just extended it from the time the parks went down, it should have expired the end of July. But, I just saw that they extended mine to Sept 19th. So I got a bit of extra time. Of course, my trip is planned for October LOL. But I would have had to renew anyway so I am not out anything. I think that they are just adding a certain number of days to the end of everyone's pass and calling it good. That is the easiest thing to do from a programming stand point.

March 15 (closing day) to May 23 is 69 days.
69 days after reopening on July 11 is Sept 19.
So what they've given you is spot on, nothing extra.
Although that may be added extra, of course.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Per numerous interactions with Disney Support they are now saying they won’t be able to extend all AP by Monday. Apparently the lowest priority for extension are Florida Resident Passes. Which means anyone without an extended pass is SOL.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I believe 60 day thing is the new window for advanced dining reservations.

I haven't seen a cap on days to book reservations. The good thing is people can book (at least DVC now and in a few months the public) knowing which parks are available and schedule travel dates accordingly. But Monday is going to be such a mess with people logging on to reserve slow Tuesday in September, a random Thursday in January, etc. Disney IT has enough trouble handling new product releases on Shop Disney. They'll need a miracle to avoid PR of people spending hours trying to reserve.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Just us... REFUND. No extension. Already bought two NEW Gold passes.

Why?

Those NEW Gold passes START when I can actually show up at WDW, and say "GO". Could be 2021, Could be 2022, Could be Later. Meanwhile? I have valid tickets - as confusion reigns.

Old Gold Passes? Worthless. Don't want an extension. Rebate me.

deeevo

I have been trying since 8 AM to get a hold of the AP hotline number and I keep getting "all circuits are busy". I called Friday and it was a 50 minute wait. Should have stayed on then.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
My Feb 2021 got extended to June 2021. I think I'll keep it.
I renewed in March a week before the shut down when my pass technically expired in April. New expiration is Aug 2021, will be September after the extra month. I'm good for a while.
We were going to go/upgrade from Renewal to New. Our AP's were going to expire Dec 2020, now it's May 2021. No need to upgrade anymore! :)

Last edited:

GusEzra

I'm from out of state and i finally convinced my wife to let me get my first Pass this year and I used it for the first time the week right before the parks closed, so I had my pass 8 days and used it 5 before the parks closed, now it just seems like such a headache to even try to use it again till at least 2021 or when ever the reservation system ends, with the extra one month I'm good to Aug 2021 but I'm tempted just to cancel and take that money and buy a new one when things settle down. and have a full year of pass ownership with out all the restrictions. I guess i need to see what the "refund" for cancelling is, I just wish they would have not started counting days till things opened fully up cause this is making me less likely to renew cause i don't feel like they are taking care of us passholders

tkeerl

Mine originally was to expire Nov 3,2020 In MDE it still says Nov 3,2020. Should this have been changed for closed correction already? Do I have a problem?

GusEzra

Well under Membership and passes on profile of the web shows the original date if you look at tickets under my plans it shows the extended date.

mgf

Are we still operating under the assumption that the cancellation refund will be calculated at

((Price of AP+Taxes)/365) * (365 - [Number of days from first use to March 15])

or has anyone seen something different from their own experience or definitive from Disney?

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Are we still operating under the assumption that the cancellation refund will be calculated at

((Price of AP+Taxes)/365) * (365 - [Number of days from first use to March 15])

or has anyone seen something different from their own experience or definitive from Disney?

I believe that calculation would give a total refund for unused days but that doesn't match what Disney seems to be offering, max 117 days extension less any days that would have been after expiration during closing.

Some have said they've asked Disney for a bigger refund to reflect all unused days (your calculation) before March 15 and that seems to be case by case.

What is unclear, at least to me, is how this new extension is being managed and what options will exist if declining the one month.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

I believe that calculation would give a total refund for unused days but that doesn't match what Disney seems to be offering, max 117 days less any days that would have been after expiration during closing.

Some have said they've asked Disney for a bigger refund to reflect all unused days (your calculation) before March 15 and that seems to be case by case.

What is unclear, at least to me, is how this new extension is being managed and what options will exist if declining the one month.
Declining the one month? The way I understood it is you get an extra month for free, or you can cancel your pass entirely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom