Disney Enthusiasm

bmarkelon

Original Poster
Just wondering if there is anything else that gets you all pumped up like WDW does. I'm sure nothing can quite compare but anything close?
Just popped into my head because I am all pumped up about March Madness and have talking about it quite a bit with people and know it will increase with the games starting tomorrow.
Another thing that freaks my freak is the Dave Matthews Band. I've been to over 20 shows, member of the fan club and boards and go to at least one show every year. Last year with their announcement of no tour for 2011 I went to 4 shows to make up for it!! I always say that I am the biggest fan of Disney and Dave and if anyone starts discussion on either they are in for an earful!
What else do you guys have nothing but love for?

SosoDude

Mississippi high school football , college football , ummm..... Guess that's the only other things.... Bass fishing ranks pretty high also...

todpatcam

Nothing compares to our trips to WDW but a close second is our summer vacations in South Carolina and seeing James Taylor in concert. We just saw James Taylor and his son Ben Taylor in concert last week - awesome concert!!!

Walt Disney1955

Sports comes to mind. Most specifically Hockey overall. I've been obsessed with hockey since I was 9 years old, Canadian, what can you say? I'll spend ample time on hockey message boards.

Also Sunday afternoons are dominated by Football when the NFL season is on. The Super Bowl is something I haven't missed since I was 10 and I go as far as not watching the game with a person unless I know they are into the game as much as I am and not just interested in the halftime show. Sounds petty, but when I am watching the biggest game of the year it kills the atmosphere if someone doesn't understand the game

Being a religious person I'd have to say Jesus as well, would be hypocritical not to. Also if I get going talking about politics I am always entertained. I've always enjoyed talking about politics with someone that understands it like I do. And I guess just overall talk about travelling and other theme parks as well. I love to compare notes. Also I am a big movie buff and I love music and the history of Rock and Roll (got to be honest the 2000s have overall been TERRIBLE for music) and I swear by the R&R Hall of Fame in Cleveland.

At the end of the day, well, I wouldn't be on this website if I wasn't a Disney freak though. I have been for a long time and if I engage in a conversation with someone who loves Disney as much as I do then God help us. Not a bad thing however though since there are few things that make me as happy as the best place in the world.

Walt Disney1955

Nothing compares to our trips to WDW but a close second is our summer vacations in South Carolina and seeing James Taylor in concert. We just saw James Taylor and his son Ben Taylor in concert last week - awesome concert!!!

Next time ask him if "You're So Vain" by his ex-wife Carly Simon is actually about him :D

CP_alum08

The only thing that comes close for me is concerts. I have no idea how many concerts I've been to, over 100 I'm sure (i'm only 23 and didn't really start getting into music until about 13 so you do the math), but everyone gives me the 'hair standing up on your neck' feeling; just like walking under the train station onto Main St. for the first time that trip!

Crockett

Banned
The start of Baseball season.
The World Series. (As long as the NY Yankees are not involved.) :lookaroun
Christmas morning.
The first good snowfall of winter.

Susan Savia

Retirement...in 106 days. That does it for me. Then after that a week at the beach and in August, 10 days in Memphis for some good rock and roll fun. After that, who knows.

graphite1326

The start of Baseball season.
The World Series. (As long as the NY Yankees are not involved.) :lookaroun
Christmas morning.
The first good snowfall of winter.

Start of baseball season
The World Series (as long as the Yankees ARE invloved)
Spring when all that crappy snow melts

ElvisMickey

I am VERY passionate about my hobbies. I guess it comes from being an only child and not having anyone to talk to. :lol: Anyway, Disney definitely tops the list. A couple of things that come close though are one, going to Memphis and Graceland. Huge Elvis fan here and I usually head down to Memphis once a year. Spend a few days around Graceland, hitting the bars/clubs on Beale Street at night, eating BBQ. It's a great time. Another thing is Chicago Bears football. During Autumn, don't even talk to me if they lose a game...LOL! I'll usually head out to Chicago every couple of years for a game. Although they end up letting me down year after year so it's more of a love/hate thing with the Bears. Ha ha! Oh...and I've seen Aerosmith over 30 times, so I guess being a fan of theirs has to be on the list too. But again, no...nothing equals my passion for Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom