Disney Engagement

lamarvenoy

i proposed to my wife at epcot, i considered doing an engagement package deal but i wanted to be more original and just be me. i just walked around with the ring in my pocket until i found the perfect spot at the perfect time, she had no idea and was so happy she cried for a half hour.it will be special to the two of you no matter how you do it, just a lil advice. good luck and congrats.

NowInc

yes yes..i know I always boast how Im never going to get married..but believe it or not..I HAVE planned how id go about the engagment.....just in case ;)

Here are the 2 options I have::

1.) Id write a song for her and play it live..and then after im done performing it in front of the croud...id do the deed....(yep...im that corny)

or

2.) Id use my "connections" and get "*insert girls name*, will you marry me" put on a billboard. Id then let the commute to and from point A to point B do the work for me

...its either that...or buying her an oversized ring (like...3 feet tall) and leaving it on her bed next to her ;)

Erika

Originally posted by NowInc
yes yes..i know I always boast how Im never going to get married..but believe it or not..I HAVE planned how id go about the engagment.....just in case ;)

Here are the 2 options I have::

1.) Id write a song for her and play it live..and then after im done performing it in front of the croud...id do the deed....(yep...im that corny)

:gasp: in front of ALL THOSE PEOPLE? :eek: What if she says no?

:lol: :p ;)

TIGGERNUT

This past spring my wife and I celebrated our 15th aniversery at WDW. She did not know but I had been planning to re-propose to her during our trip. Her favorite ride is Splash Mountain and her favorite character is Tigger. Disney helped me set up so Tigger would be waiting for us as we unloaded from the ride holding 15 roses (one for each year of our marriage). My wife did not relize the roses were for her until I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me again. My wife got real embaresed though when every one started clapping and cheering.

Nut4Disney

I proposed to my wife in front of Cinderellas Castle while everyone was waiting for the parade one nite. I too, carried the ring around for 4 days at different parks, looking for the perfect spot/time to whip it out , the ring that is. Not finding it, we were at MK on our last day on Valentines Day 1999. We were picking a spot to watch Spectromagic in front of the castle, so I just did it right there. Everyone was watching and applauded. Do you know how scary it is to carry a $4000 ring around for 4 days, while on the rides?

MKCustodial

Original Poster
Originally posted by NowInc

Amen!!

Talk about PRESSURE..what if the girl wants to say no? She may not be ABLE to with all that overwhealming things around her...

I see what you mean, Now. But it's definately not my case. If I don't get around to do i soon, she'll end up proposing to ME!:hammer: I really don't want that to happen, she might think I'm delaying or something... :lookaroun Go figure.:D

NowInc

Originally posted by Erika

:gasp: in front of ALL THOSE PEOPLE? :eek: What if she says no?

:lol: :p ;)

LoL...well..in the unlikley even that i WOULD get married...id make sure I know she would say yes ;)

...and hey..if she says NO...im on stage...anger makes for a better performance ;)

Maria

Erika,

Great pictures! Whoever took them does a very good job! :)
Bob looks good.... :slurp: hehehe ;) What does he do for a living? What´s his zodiac sign? :D ;)

Jodigrl328

I definetly agree with Maria. Unless you are Donald Trump, Bill Gates or Michael Eisner just do your own thing. Those engagement packages are VERY expensive. And I know I wouldn't want to be videotaped during that special moment (video tape is an option with those packages):lookaroun

Erika

Originally posted by Maria
Erika,

Great pictures! Whoever took them does a very good job! :)
Bob looks good.... :slurp: hehehe ;) What does he do for a living? What´s his zodiac sign? :D ;)

LOL!!! Thanks, they are by John and me.

Ladies, Bob is a Chevy technician who would like to marry a career woman and be a stay at home dad.

He is better with kids than most women I know.

:rolleyes:

Erika

Originally posted by Jodigrl328
I definetly agree with Maria. Unless you are Donald Trump, Bill Gates or Michael Eisner just do your own thing. Those engagement packages are VERY expensive. And I know I wouldn't want to be videotaped during that special moment (video tape is an option with those packages):lookaroun

This is all very true. Consider the things you will already have to pay for!

*Weddings are expensive
*Honeymoons are not free either
*You have to have a place to live
*Unless you are on your own already, you are going to have to start spending your hard-earned money on VERY BORING THINGS such as vaccuum cleaner bags, electricity and toilet cleanser

Maria

Originally posted by Erika

LOL!!! Thanks, they are by John and me.

Ladies, Bob is a Chevy technician who would like to marry a career woman and be a stay at home dad.

He is better with kids than most women I know.

:rolleyes:

I´m a career woman... I don´t have too much patience with kids! We are good for each other! :lol: :lol:

disneytati

Originally posted by MKCustodial
I read somewhere that Disney offers special packages to create a magical occasion so you can propose to your loved one. Does anyone here has used this, or know further details?

Wow! Going to propose to your girfried, huh? How romantic!!!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom