News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
To us on here, most of us believe this show isn’t representative of the 50th anniversary, but to Disney, this is the 50th show
Guests: We expect a show that celebrates 50 years of the Magic Kingdom!

WDI: We'll give you a new generic show *on the occasion* of the 50th Anniversary!

Guests: ...

Last edited:

mattpeto

Guests: We expect a show the celebrates 50 years of the Magic Kingdom!

WDI: We'll give you a new generic show *on the occasion* of the 50th Anniversary!

Guests: ...

They clearly designed Enchantment to be the permanent successor to Happily Ever After that just so happened to debut on the anniversary.

It was such a miss on many levels. It's not an awful show either and some the moments are really well done, but it's gotta go.

ToTBellHop

I wish MSEP would die. A painful death.
I don’t wish that on anyone. May it succumb in peace, surrounded by Dreamlights, Paint the Night, and Fantillusion as it heads off into the light to be greeted by
1657804242845.jpeg

“Wait, is this hell?”
”No, that‘s where I sent Light Magic.”

aladdin2007

for all the LightMagic dislike, it does have an incredible soundtrack when you listen to it on its own, love the msep salute portion.
Same goes for Luminaria, that could have been perfect for a holiday show over world showcase. soundtrack wise.

Squishy

Actually curious since today Enchantment starts running twice a night, is it cheaper to run a nighttime parade along with fireworks or fireworks twice a night?

TTA94

It is funny how Disneyland announces MSEP ending its run and everyone immediately thinks it’s coming to WDW lol. It’s ending because of the upcoming seasonal entertainment. This is a very normal thing for Disneyland unlike WDW where nighttime parades continue throughout Halloween and Christmas.

Who knows what is next for MSEP or the other entertainment with question marks on them, but perhaps we will find out at D23.

brb1006

I don’t wish that on anyone. May it succumb in peace, surrounded by Dreamlights, Paint the Night, and Fantillusion as it heads off into the light to be greeted by
View attachment 653113
“Wait, is this hell?”
”No, that‘s where I sent Light Magic.”
Hey I loved the Spectromen, I will defend them till the day I day!

Update: Holy moly, I didn't know Martin loved the Spectromen besides me!

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

It is funny how Disneyland announces MSEP ending its run and everyone immediately thinks it’s coming to WDW lol. It’s ending because of the upcoming seasonal entertainment. This is a very normal thing for Disneyland unlike WDW where nighttime parades continue throughout Halloween and Christmas.

Who knows what is next for MSEP or the other entertainment with question marks on them, but perhaps we will find out at D23.
We are desperate and starving.

Disney Glimpses

Some good but still somewhat incomplete news: HEA is basically a go to return at some point next year. I don't know when or with what (if any) modifications. But they heard us "loud and clear." Apparently, they were prepared for this scenario all along.

Not sure how long it will run for but there are no plans to invest significant money into yet another nighttime spectacular at WDW this soon.

Edit: I should clarify that the source didn't specifically mention HEA as the show that will replace it. But simply that DE did not meet the expectations and that they were not going to invest significant money. Just reading between the lines here.

Last edited:

TTA94

Some good but still somewhat incomplete news: HEA is basically a go to return at some point next year. I don't know when or with what (if any) modifications. But they heard us "loud and clear." Apparently, they were prepared for this scenario all along.

Not sure how long it will run for but there are no plans to invest significant money into yet another nighttime spectacular at WDW this soon. And HEA is free (we know how much they love free).

Anyways, probably not much of a surprise to anyone here but figured I would share.

I know this is likely not the case or going to happen but since they do not have to spend money on a new nighttime show, maybe they’ll spend money on a nighttime parade? You’d think they will want something new to promote for the WDCs 100th, not just a returning show.

Disney Glimpses

I know this is likely not the case or going to happen but since they do not have to spend money on a new nighttime show, maybe they’ll spend money on a nighttime parade? You’d think they will want something new to promote for the WDCs 100th, not just a returning show.
I've been trying like crazy to find out something about a nighttime parade or even TWDC 100 plans and I got nothing. Wouldn't be surprised at this point if they just did a celebration entirely in merch but not marketed heavily. The 50th let down a lot of guests (Enchantment contributed to a degree) and they aren't looking for a repeat of that.

yensidtlaw1969

I've been trying like crazy to find out something about a nighttime parade or even TWDC 100 plans and I got nothing. Wouldn't be surprised at this point if they just did a celebration entirely in merch but not marketed heavily. The 50th let down a lot of guests (Enchantment contributed to a degree) and they aren't looking for a repeat of that.
The underfunded, unambitious celebration they're currently running is registering as a disappointment, so the lesson they've learned is to . . . do less??

Haunting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom