News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

Den Carter

Not watching the videos. They never do the shows justice. But did anyone who was actually there in person at MK last night actually like it?
(Just skimming the last few pages, it looks like all the opinions are based on a stream)

jklakeview

I have to say, Harmonious is an absolute disaster. I can not believe how many bad decisions went into creating that train wreck. But I disagree on this one. Wishes always made me feel such a romantic feeling. HEA was just fun and chaotic at times. Not a bad show, but almost too much. I felt that this one brought back some of the romance again. I was smiling and my wife was saying how much she loved it too. I was surprised that the reviews were so bad after. I expected many to feel the way that we did.

wtyy21

I found the video of "Disney Enchantment" from Main Street perspective, with projection of main street only happened 6 minutes after the show began.

Despite the storyline is much disappointed due to fact that the show were not focused on WDW past and present, i think the Main Street projection were massive upgrade to the previous firework show, where MSUSA projection previously only seen at Disneyland. The original song and narator voice feels more remarkable.

SpoiledBlueMilk

I just love the YouTube captions for the Iger throwaway line to Chapek......"Bob Jpeg." All hail our new overlord and dispair. Bob Jpeg.

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 10.58.10 PM.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Posting my thoughts before I catch up and read everyone else’s. I think Disney’s fired all their Imagineers! We’ve traded beautiful stained glass characters for shadows. We’ve lost imaginative mapping technicality for a giant, almost 200ft TV screen. It was just a clip show with no imaginative design at all. HEA had Tiana and Olaf on the balcony, the genie rocket, the singing door, gears and blocks, use of the tower for lanterns, balloons, and Ariel. This had…moving pictures on a castle.

Yeah, I think this is the most egregious problem with the new show, this is just plain laziness. I immediately went back and watched a close up video of HEA to make sure I remember properly. HEA definitely made more creative use of projections, throughout a lot of the new show they were just using the castle as big screen.

Trauma

What is the agenda??? Deliberately making bad nighttime shows?
Let’s look at it this way:

You give group of intelligent, caring, hardworking artistic people the task of celebrating 50 years of WDW and this is what they come up with?

No.

The only way this happens is if the same group is given a checklist of what needs to happen in that show, and they do the best they can to meet the demands while making something watchable.

You can not honestly tell me the highly intelligent and artistic cast who love Disney and the parks created this disaster without commands from on high.

Castle Cake Apologist

Okay, my opinion of the show got significantly more positive upon watching a better livestream! It's insane how the largest media company in the history of the world cannot get a livestream right for anything! Vloggers always do so much better.

It's a really solid show, even if I do think HEA was much more emotionally resonant. I know some were upset about it, but I do really like that the projections are less of a focus than the fireworks. I think they got that right, as the "playing the architecture" thing isn't always that impressive anymore... It's cool to see how the characters basically "set off" the fireworks.

And also, Tink's flight was much much better than I realized on that horrible dark livestream from DPB. Seeing the pixie dust crescendo up the castle just before she emerged with the fireworks was a really really cool touch. BUT I don't think it held a candle to her flight in HEA. They'll never top that moment for me. I cry like a baby every single time, even watching it on YouTube.

Just something so perfect about:

"Just look up and reach to the sky! We all have the courage to fly!
(You can fly! You can fly!)
You can flyyy
YOU CAN FLYYYYYYY"
**Tink suddenly emerges to the start of an epic reprise**

It was just such an incredible WOW moment, I don't know how they could have improved it at all. I got goosebumps just typing it out!

Otherwise, I have very few complaints other than wishing we had gotten some kind of 50th specific show! This is world's better than Harmonious.

I gotta say, though, I wish I knew who gave that poor session singer an Idina Menzel song to sing, bad choice. Nobody can hit those notes but Idina.

Also, ANGELA ******* BASSET. I stan.

Last edited:

tomsan23

2) I’m 33 years old and I think my generation just lacks the backbone to standup and say when someone else’s idea is bad. My generation has been taught of inclusion and diversity and some of us have taken that as “we can’t disagree with each other”. So, unfortunately bad ideas make their way through the design process because no one says “hey, that’s a horrible idea.” Or ”hey, it might be a bad idea to see a huge ikea box as you approach the magic kingdom.”..things like that.

This is just what happens in a poorly managed company. It's not unique to Millennials.

Skywise

How can you have a 50th anniversary show without ONE CALLBACK to Walt OR Mickey?!

Disneyland's 75th had some story about the PARK!

And it seems to me they kept the same R&B music from HEA and just redid the lyrics.
I get promoting the new stuff over the old (even if the new stuff is musically not as popular as the... y'know... the stuff we all remember) coz ya gotta have synergy - I read that in a textbook when I got my MBA!
But geez... give the piano solo from Soul a longer riff - Pick the tunes from Moanna that were actually memorable (and boy howdy are they pushing Coco something fierce).

You didn't see Disney in the 80s doing fireworks shows with music from The Great Mouse Detective, Black Cauldron, Oliver and Company or even Tron.

It did do one thing... It made me appreciate HEA.
(Fireworks are, as usual, excellent but I don't think they were as creative with the projections as they could've been)

Disney Analyst

How can you have a 50th anniversary show without ONE CALLBACK to Walt OR Mickey?!

Disneyland's 75th had some story about the PARK!

And it seems to me they kept the same R&B music from HEA and just redid the lyrics.
I get promoting the new stuff over the old (even if the new stuff is musically not as popular as the... y'know... the stuff we all remember) coz ya gotta have synergy - I read that in a textbook when I got my MBA!
But geez... give the piano solo from Soul a longer riff - Pick the tunes from Moanna that were actually memorable (and boy howdy are they pushing Coco something fierce).

You didn't see Disney in the 80s doing fireworks shows with music from The Great Mouse Detective, Black Cauldron, Oliver and Company or even Tron.

It did do one thing... It made me appreciate HEA.
(Fireworks are, as usual, excellent but I don't think they were as creative with the projections as they could've been)

just a note, Disneyland’s 60th I think you mean. Disneyland is only 66.

Even the 60th fireworks were not the best in terms of an anniversary show. Despite the opening narration, it had nothing else to do with 60 years of Disneyland.

So far Disney hasn’t topped RDCT for anniversary spectaculars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom