News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The show was not intended to celebrate Walt Disney world or Walt. Also I’m not sure why people are obsessed with the idea of 50th offerings referencing mickey anyway. There are other offerings in the parks that reference 50 magical years.
Then they failed. In not just the show itself but the planning of the show.

I’m beginning to wonder if Disney is just outsourcing imagineers now with some of the recent things they’ve done

peter11435

Then they failed. In not just the show itself but the planning of the show.

I’m beginning to wonder if Disney is just outsourcing imagineers now with some of the recent things they’ve done
Not everything added during or for an anniversary needs to be entirely about that event. The 25th anniversary parade was about films of that decade. The 25th fireworks were just 6 minutes of random Disney music and then a Walt quote and remember the Magic. It was certainly not a superior show.

The problem with Disney Enchantment is that it is not as good as the show that came before it. Not that it doesn’t reuse overplayed Walt quotes.

Last edited:

drizgirl

Not everything added during or for an anniversary needs to be entirely about that event. The 25th anniversary parade was about films of that decade. The 25th fireworks were just 6 minutes of random Disney music and then a Walt quote and remember the Magic. It was certainly not a superior show.

The problem with Disney Enchantment is that it is not as good as the show that came before it. Not that it doesn’t reuse overplayed Walt quotes.
It's quite reasonable to expect the show that was promoted with artwork showing the castle and Main Street being painted gold might have something to do with the golden anniversary.

It's not just a show in the parks during the anniversary. I don't expect the dancers in Beauty in the Beast to switch from pink to gold gowns. But I do expect the centerpiece show, the one on the castle in the castle park, to have some relevance to the long awaited and touted celebration.

mattpeto

Boo Bash, on the other hand, was well worth the money!
I originally thought next year BB would get the AH VM plusses: speciality fireworks, parade and extra hour.

But without AH VM parties selling out as of now (due to possible price point and overall 2021 demand), I wonder if plans for holiday parties come full circle next year and we get the traditional parties. Enchantment might not need to run daily next year at this rate.

peter11435

It's quite reasonable to expect the show that was promoted with artwork showing the castle and Main Street being painted gold might have something to do with the golden anniversary.

It's not just a show in the parks during the anniversary. I don't expect the dancers in Beauty in the Beast to switch from pink to gold gowns. But I do expect the centerpiece show, the one on the castle in the castle park, to have some relevance to the long awaited and touted celebration.
The show was promoted with artwork showing the castle and Main Street being pixie dusted by tinker belle. Something that does in fact happen in the actual show. I thought that was quite clear in that artwork.

I also think they were very clear from the start what this show was going to be about, so I don’t know why you expected anything different.

There is another offering on that same castle in that same castle park that is intended to be releavent to the celebration.

Go watch a video of the 25th anniversary fireworks. That was another long awaited and touted celebration. Is that what you wanted? Would DE be fixed by sticking in a Walt quote and saying happy 50th towards the end? Because outside of that the show then was just as generic Disney. Just much shorter, less story, less pyro, and less effects.

wtyy21

The show was not intended to celebrate Walt Disney world or Walt. Also I’m not sure why people are obsessed with the idea of 50th offerings referencing mickey anyway. There are other offerings in the parks that reference 50 magical years.
I believe there are more likely a issue about local vs tourist. DLR/TDR/DLP/SDL are tended to prefer their local guests (or in case of DLP Europeans) over tourist so a firework/nighttime spectacular to celebrating the history of the park/resort on a major anniversaries is more necessary. Whilist WDW tends to prefer tourist once a lifetime, where they don't know about attractions history at WDW aside from serious guests.

I don't believe why some guests don't like Enchantment because i think they want a RDCT-style firework for WDW's Magic Kingdom, which what Epcot Forever was shown.

Last edited:

Touchdown

Even tourists by the end of the day would be familiar with the attractions, as they just spent the day riding them. There is no reason a park soundtrack wouldn’t resonate with them.

Also any park soundtrack would mean a FL section where IP could be inserted. Not to mention, a Buzz vs Zurg laser battle for the TL section would have been amazing.

durangojim

Just saw the MK fireworks
last night from the California Grill’s observation deck. It was fine but certainly not anything that should have been used to celebrate the 50th. No emotion and seemed like most watching were underwhelmed. Ther was no applause at the end like for other fireworks shows. I found it incredibly odd that there was no reference at all to the parks.

mikejs78

Premium Member
GhostHost1000 said:
I’m tired of covid being an excuse. It’s Disney and a 50th anniversary. If they really wanted to do it all they would and could have. It is now all about money, not the pandemic or guests. Same sorta thing happens when they show something like plans for a new land/area and then half of it gets cut and reduced.

There’s no excuse Disney could not have had someone speaking thanking everyone for 50 magical years and show Walt and Mickey somewhere. I’ll say it again, the celebrate the magic projection show years ago had more feel and celebrated more than this.

peter11435 said:
It’s fine to say that… but the pandemic was and still is a very real thing. And it absolutely did and continues to have significant impact on what they can and can’t do as well as what makes sense to do.
I agree that the pandemic necessarily affected a lot of expenditures - and I'm actually a fan of the new show, although not as much as HEA.

What I don't get though is why they didn't mark the day with some kind of ceremony - doing it for the media the night before is sort of a slap in the face for all the fans who came out for the day of the 50th. Just a simple, 15 minutes ceremony on the castle stage would have gone a long way, and wouldn't have cost much.

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

I agree that the pandemic necessarily affected a lot of expenditures - and I'm actually a fan of the new show, although not as much as HEA.

What I don't get though is why they didn't mark the day with some kind of ceremony - doing it for the media the night before is sort of a slap in the face for all the fans who came out for the day of the 50th. Just a simple, 15 minutes ceremony on the castle stage would have gone a long way, and wouldn't have cost much.
I was standing in front of the castle at 7:30pm on the first and was really hoping for just a little ceremony on the stage but was pretty disappointed that there was no pomp & circumstance for the guests who were there on the big day.

Sir_Cliff

Yeah, I really don't get that either. It almost seems like they went out of their way not to make any aspect of this anniversary geared toward the fans. Except for merchandising, that is. Not even a little ceremony on the actual occasion, let alone any aspect of the shows celebrating the resort or putting together something like an exhibit on the resort's history.

Last edited:

celluloid

Some of the choices for the show were just odd. Each show that projects on the castle seems to become less mapping and showing clips. Main Street also did not often seem too mapped. The projections seemed lagging from where I was standing on MSUSA.

Man was that first Pandora Jewelry sponsorship poorly inserted. It sounds like the joke where people do the INSERT NAME HERE bit.

Last edited:

Mikey73181

Does anyone feel that Angela Bassett's narration kinda kills the momentum/flow of the show. When I watch it on YouTube, I always skip it.

I don't mind some of it, however the way she drags some words or sentences out I don't like. "You too may find, what you SEEEEEK"

JoeCamel

Pyro was fantastic though. I can only hope HEA returns in 2023 with the new launchers in use. And lasers.
Everything is better with lasers
laser.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom