News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

techgeek

They're gone for at least this year and next while the castle has the extra 50th decorations.

It's unknown if they'll come back. Hopefully, WDW has them safely stored away in some tent somewhere.

Well by then they might have to be retired because they’re ‘obsolete technology’…

James Alucobond

I believe it was quoted somewhere as the new permanent look. Or perhaps insider knowledge on here. I can't remember.
I'm able to find blogs that claim permanence or speculate about its permanence, but I can't seem to find a press release to that effect. I may be missing it, though. I wouldn't be surprised to see the additional gilding, darker gray bricks, and new roof color stay, but the pink seems specifically tinted to play against the pink end of the iridescent elements. Without the bunting to offset it on the bottom half of the castle, it looks fairly wonky to me.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm able to find blogs that claim permanence or speculate about its permanence, but I can't seem to find a press release to that effect. I may be missing it, though. I wouldn't be surprised to see the additional gilding, darker gray bricks, and new roof color stay, but the pink seems specifically tinted to play against the pink end of the iridescent elements. Without the bunting to offset it on the bottom half of the castle, it looks fairly wonky to me.
Our insiders have suggested that it was intended to be permanent, but, given pushback from a sizable number of guests, might not be so permanent after all.

Besides, this is Disney. What they think about what the castle should look like can be very different in the course of three or four years.

JohnD

Our insiders have suggested that it was intended to be permanent, but, given pushback from a sizable number of guests, might not be so permanent after all.

Besides, this is Disney. What they think about what the castle should look like can be very different in the course of three or four years.
Here’s a metric for Chapek. Comparing previous and current shows, is it appointment watching for repeat visitors almost every time you are in a Disney park? I would say Wishes, HEA, and Illuminations qualify as “Yes”. Those two new shows, even if you think DE is not that bad, are “no.” I suspect there are a lot of “Nos” to this question.

For me, I almost always stopped by to watch the prior fireworks shows, schedule permitting. Now, I’ll use the time for lower wait times at attractions.

Disney Glimpses

Here’s a metric for Chapek. Comparing previous and current shows, is it appointment watching for repeat visitors almost every time you are in a Disney park? I would say Wishes, HEA, and Illuminations qualify as “Yes”. Those two new shows, even if you think DE is not that bad, are “no.” I suspect there are a lot of “Nos” to this question.

For me, I almost always stopped by to watch the prior fireworks shows, schedule permitting. Now, I’ll use the time for lower wait times at attractions.
The necessity to stay at the Magic Kingdom until after fireworks has diminished greatly. Guests would hype Happily Ever After up to friends/family who were visiting for the first time who were confused why so many would wait around "for fireworks." And then blown away at what they witnessed and felt.

Now when you finish your dinner, maybe it is easier to just get on the monorail with no crowds and get back to the resort early or maybe even go to another park. The pressure to stay until close is relieved. That's my experience, anyways.

If that holds true for most, HEA will return.

Disney Glimpses

When we had big groups go to the parks, half of us would want to wait the 45 minutes for the best spot in the hub for HEA and the half who hadn't seen it yet would complain.

And then the park lights went out and the spot lights turned on and the orchestra started. And there wasn't a single one of us that wanted to be anywhere else.

gerarar

Premium Member
Just coming here to chime in. I saw it on 10/1 and was completely shocked that we didn't get perimeter fireworks?? Saw it again on 10/5 and it's just "meh" to me
DE uses the 2 adjacent launch sites to the main one.

I’ve labeled them 2 and 3, with 1 being the main launch site.
3633B996-D905-4802-AC1A-E28EB7322F71.jpeg
739B1DB0-17CF-4F14-A0C8-E4FA8A912D85.jpeg

94A59A6B-420B-40C4-8650-4FD59D165511.jpeg

wtyy21

Just coming here to chime in. I saw it on 10/1 and was completely shocked that we didn't get perimeter fireworks?? Saw it again on 10/5 and it's just "meh" to me
Perimeter fireworks are more deserved for special and hard ticketed firework shows such as 4th of July, NYE FITS, MWCT, and Disney Not-so-spooky spectacular.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You think that when they're doing two different shows come Mickey's Merriest that they'll use some launch sites for one show and reserve the other for the other show, or, just re-set everything?

Disney Glimpses

The additional 2 sites are a nice touch and hopefully permanent even if HEA returns. DE actually uses less shells than HEA did when it launched back in 2017 (and slightly more now after the final modifications to HEA when it returned this past summer).

So while we're not really getting more pyro, the large shells being spread out more is nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom