News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

wtyy21

Correct. Wishes was old and they knew it wouldn’t be acceptable all the way through 2021. If Enchantment becomes beloved by 2023, it would become the permanent headliner.

We will see what GSATs look like by 3/31/23.
I love to see whether audience changed their minds of Enchantment in the next few months where visitor, particularly HEA fans, need to adjusted their feeling about the new show, same as RDCT fans feeling about DLF in 2015 and ROE fans feeling about Harmonious.

Disone

I'm pretty sure it was said by insiders and others that HEA was always envisioned as a temporary show. So given that, Disney was surprised at the reception it got and it changed plans internally. So I would assume yes Disney got their ROI.
I honestly had not heard that it was specifically intended as a temporary show. I do agree that it was more well-received than they anticipated but isn't that more reason to keep it? When you discover lightning-in-a-bottle you don't throw it away

ToTBellHop

I love to see whether audience changed their minds of Enchantment in the next few months where visitor, particularly HEA fans, need to adjusted their feeling about the new show, same as RDCT fans feeling about DLF in 2015 and ROE fans feeling about Harmonious.
I’m now expecting updates to Harmonious in the near term.

brb1006

My daughter just said - wouldn't it have been cool if they did a projection of the castle being built with Roy Disney's speech and then when it all comes together - BAM - Walt and Mickey walk through it (looking like the statue).
Your daughter just read my mind, have projections on the castle and Main Street showing archived footage of the park's opening ceremony and construction of the resort.

DonaldDoleWhip

Another minor nitpick of Enchantment:

Clearly, one of the mandates was that Frozen 2 had to be featured. The show’s signature takeaway: the magic is you.

How is “Show Yourself” not here? Likely for the same reason it wasn’t put forward for the Oscar, even though it’s easily the superior Elsa song and matches DE’s theme more closely.

To reiterate, I think Enchantment is very passable. I like the original song, and it’s nice that it stylistically references FitS, Wishes, and HEA. That said, the show is hampered by business mandates that should have been creative choices.

ToTBellHop

Another minor nitpick of Enchantment:

Clearly, one of the mandates was that Frozen 2 had to be featured. The show’s signature takeaway: the magic is you.

How is “Show Yourself” not here? Likely for the same reason it wasn’t put forward for the Oscar, even though it’s easily the superior Elsa song and matches DE’s theme more closely.

To reiterate, I think Enchantment is very passable. I like the original song, and it’s nice that it stylistically references FitS, Wishes, and HEA. That said, the show is hampered by business mandates that should have been creative choices.
Because they wanted a song to transition to villains?

DonaldDoleWhip

Because they wanted a song to transition to villains?
Sure, then “Show Yourself” could have gotten the “Go the Distance” spot.

Moana was an odd choice to feature twice, following a very effective segment in HEA and spotlight in Harmonious. But I think that move was more of a business choice as well, causing the most fitting song from both movies to get shafted. Again. (First time was at the Oscars)

Vinnie Mac

How the show doesn’t end with Walt and Mickey walking through the castle is beyond me.
Tbf Roy Disney did more with WDW but most people probably have no idea who Roy Disney is so I guess him being in that spot wouldn't make sense because the show needs people to understand it. Then again Epcot Forever existed...

Vinnie Mac

So I'm watching an LBTV stream right now and she said something really interesting which (if true) makes a lot of sense. According to her, she spoke to cast members who deal with the fireworks and whatnot and they were saying that HEA returning after the 50th (possibly with MS projections) is very possible and is actually being considered. Maria from LBTV also said that those cast members told her that Enchantment was never designed to be a permanent show which makes a lot of sense.

I am very excited about the possibility of HEA returning but with that I will say this: Enjoy Enchantment while we all can. Many of us will feel differently about this show in the future when it's all said and done than we do now.

Vinnie Mac

Speaking of the stream, quite a few people were saying that the show looked much better tonight. Some were saying that the projections seemed clearer both on the castle and on MS and some guy even said that he thought that show seemed "plused" tonight.

I personally couldn't find any major differences between tonight and the past couple of shows but can anyone provide their input on this? Maybe I'm missing out on something.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"The magic is calling... It would like to talk to you about your car warranty..."

The Magic is Calling...collect?

The Magic is calling....
1633312766627.png

mattpeto

Just making a little timeline here:
Even though we thought that Disney Enchantment was going to have something 50th related, it in fact has ZERO 50th nods. What we didn't know, is it was completely by design. Enchantment was meant as the long-term solution (past the anniversary) at Magic Kingdom, but just released during the 50th celebration period. (Side note: it turns out that the 50th related exclusive "show" was always just Beacons of Magic)

So what's the point of this ramble? I really don't know, besides I like trying to piece together the back story here...

Although I liked what I saw from Disney Enchantment and can't wait to see it live, I do appreciate Disney's attempt at creating something new. That being said, I do believe Happily Ever After was the superior show and hope it makes it's triumph return one day after the anniversary party concludes. For me, add the main street projections in HEA 2.0, maybe swap out out a scene or two, but keep the main show largely intact.

Although we all believe the anniversary celebration will conclude in March 2023, one insider elsewhere said that Disney may be considering extending that celebration 6 months, running through the Summer of 2023.

Last edited:

wtyy21

Although we all believe the anniversary celebration will conclude in March 2023, one insider elsewhere said that Disney may be considering extending that celebration 6 months, running through the Summer of 2023.
Extending for 6 months? coincides with the end of Disneyland Paris 30th anniversary, where i suspected DLP 30th celebration runs from March 6, 2022 until September 2023 (summer 2023). Where you find that info?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just making a little timeline here:
Even though we thought that Disney Enchantment was going to have something 50th related, it in fact has ZERO 50th nods. What we didn't know, is it was completely by design. Enchantment was meant as the long-term solution (past the anniversary) at Magic Kingdom, but just released during the 50th celebration period. (Side note: it turns out that the 50th related exclusive "show" was always just Beacons of Magic)

So what's the point of this ramble? I really don't know, besides I like trying to piece together the back story here...

Although I liked what I saw from Disney Enchantment and can't wait to see it live, I do appreciate Disney's attempt at creating something new. That being said, I do believe Happily Ever After was the superior show and hope it makes it's triumph return one day after the anniversary party concludes. For me, add the main street projections in HEA 2.0, maybe swap out out a scene or two, but keep the main show largely intact.

And this...
I’ve heard a few interesting possibilities for this show. Still waiting on confirmation for most of them.

That said, the only thing I can say with near certainty is that HEA will return after the 50th *if* Enchantment gets lower GSATs (by a not insignificant margin). If it’s deemed as good or better by fans, then it will stick around (as though this is a surprise).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom