News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

ChristianG

We’re just seeing one of the new light boxes in the pictures, but I wonder if they installed more along the rest of the MS roof edges?
I assume they will be installing spots down the stretch of Main Street but I hope not the roof edges, 'cause we know they don't like retractable equipment in Orlando as much as they do in Anaheim.

TTA94

I assume they will be installing spots down the stretch of Main Street but I hope not the roof edges, 'cause we know they don't like retractable equipment in Orlando as much as they do in Anaheim.

MK does have the retractable standard parade flood lights, just not the colored ones that DL has. After they added the towers in the hub I assumed they would add them to the rest of the parade route but that never happened. Yet they do add colored lighting to the rooftops and parade route during the seasonal events.

If they do add the spots to the edges rather than back further it could look something like the opening of DLs Light Magic. If that’s true they could use these lights for other purposes.

At 3:00 in this video:

CntrlFlPete

This has never been true, at MK the only guy to go down the wire was a Baby New Year one year. The Tinks have always been female. This is one completely false urban legend that never goes away.
What makes you say this? There seemed to be two tinks I would see (around the 2011 time frame) and one had a beard and mustache and was pretty stocky. There are places where one can watch the fireworks and get a good look at tink and I know what I have seen!

dothebrdwalk

What makes you say this? There seemed to be two tinks I would see (around the 2011 time frame) and one had a beard and mustache and was pretty stocky. There are places where one can watch the fireworks and get a good look at tink and I know what I have seen!
Disney who is the most image conscious brand out there definitely did not let a man with a BEARD and a MUSTACHE fly as Tinkerbelle, let alone back in 2011 when most facial hair was still banned.

CntrlFlPete

Disney who is the most image conscious brand out there definitely did not let a man with a BEARD and a MUSTACHE fly as Tinkerbelle, let alone back in 2011 when most facial hair was still banned.

Tink has always been female.

the mind is an interesting thing. I shall always believe what my mind saw, maybe power of suggestion somehow impacted my memory as I recall the first time we noticed, I turned to my wife and w/o saying anything she asked me if that was a guy while the folks behind us made a comment about 'tinker bill' -- it was the first time we were (sort of) under the flight path. The 2nd time on that same trip was a different Tink, we had other trips the year I am thinking, I guess my mind was set by then.

flutas

the mind is an interesting thing. I shall always believe what my mind saw, maybe power of suggestion somehow impacted my memory as I recall the first time we noticed, I turned to my wife and w/o saying anything she asked me if that was a guy while the folks behind us made a comment about 'tinker bill' -- it was the first time we were (sort of) under the flight path. The 2nd time on that same trip was a different Tink, we had other trips the year I am thinking, I guess my mind was set by then.

This was posted earlier in the thread.

BaymaxFan

I'm a sucker for spotlights. I really hope they add them to the top of the main street buildings, they are already used so well behind the castle for HEA and there is so much more potential on main street. I do know that the bigger beams you see in HEA are the same ones used at Epcot for Epcot Forever, and at Epcot most of them sit on retractable lifts so they are hidden out of guests view during the day.

If they were to add lights to main street I don't know if they would use the smaller ones, larger ones, or both. The smaller ones can be hidden easier.

Dan Deesnee

Has their been any word on when this will start testing? I assume it's got to be very soon.

I assume we'll get some great spy video once they do, considering you have a few resorts with nice views of the castle and fireworks.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. HEA was pretty great.

peter11435

Has their been any word on when this will start testing? I assume it's got to be very soon.

I assume we'll get some great spy video once they do, considering you have a few resorts with nice views of the castle and fireworks.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. HEA was pretty great.
They have already done some testing. Just not with full pyro yet

brb1006

A glimpse of Enchantment was shown off in the newest commercial promoting WDW's 50th Anniversary.

Alongside an instrumental version of the anniversary theme "Magic Is Calling".

Last edited:

Splashin' Ryan

It wasn't enchantment, it was a clip from HEA, the crowd is there and everything. They haven't done an in-park test of the show yet, just some larger bursts behind the castle.
The full test normally doesn't take place until the day or two before the show debuts (ex. HEA, Not So Spooky, Minnies Wonderful Christmastime fireworks etc. all tested either night before or two nights before their debut)

Even if the projections look different than HEA it must have been superimposed onto the video.

jrhwdw

A look at Enchantment's Song:

CaptainAmerica

Yes yes yes. All of this and more. I love it.

Orchestra? ✅
Choir? ✅
Soaring lead vocals? ✅

TTA94

Meh, to me it sounds like a new version of HEA and or Disneyland Forever. I was hopeing for something more upbeat and different.

Ive been questioning whether DE or Harm will have the better soundtrack. I feel like they will both me Meh. Not bad but not mind blowing.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom