Disney emplyees arrested in under age sex stings

I_heart_Tigger

Original Poster
Mods...please remove if this is not something that you allow on the site or has already been posted.

Just saw this, it's pretty disgusting but is this just a matter of Disney being a huge demographic of the population in that area and there is bound to be a certain percentage in line with standard populations of sexual predators or is it a matter of these people being attracted to employment around children?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/14/us/th...ld-sex-stings/index.html?sr=sharebar_facebook

FigmentFan3

I can't seem to locate the thread, but I seem to recall that one of the on property cases was fairly recent and involved a janitor at the yacht club storing his "photography collection" or looking up such images on one of Disney's computers that screenshots every three seconds... I suppose that doesn't relate too directly to the question, but I thought it was a valid addition to the discussion

71jason

Huge demographic?

35 arrests out of 70,000 CMs? That 0.05%.

If anything, the law of really big numbers suggests that central Florida law enforcement are horrible at catching pedophiles (other than creepers who stalk fictional 14-year-olds who if they did exist wouldn't give them the time of day in real life). There really should be a lot more arrests, because there's no doubt a lot more creepers given the Disney clientele.

PhotoDave219

If anything, the law of really big numbers suggests that central Florida law enforcement are horrible at catching pedophiles (other than creepers who stalk fictional 14-year-olds who if they did exist wouldn't give them the time of day in real life). There really should be a lot more arrests, because there's no doubt a lot more creepers given the Disney clientele.

I've got stories.

I used to intentionally give surveys to older men sitting across from child fountains. Most of them got up and left.

Dwarful

I think it is unfortunate that these people have worked for any of the theme parks (as others were also mentioned in the article). But given the small % of employees that have been connected to this sick perversion I think all of the theme parks do a pretty good job screening their employees.

It should be a warning to parents/grandparents/ family/ friends that even though you are at Disney evil can get be at WDW as well. It amazes me to see people let their young children go to the food court/drink station/restroom/arcade unattended.

AndyS2992

That would be a stupid thing to say.

If someone had actually said that.
I said there is and will be more pedophiles working at Disney that are have not been detected and so the reported statistic is actually higher. Matt then responds with 'So we should just assume that every CM is a predator?' which sarcastically implies that every CM is one which is stupid but you should also not be ignorant and pretend there aren't any just because it is Disney which is just as stupid. As long as you take precautions with this type of thing then you will be fine.

Ok, my point was poorly written as is this one is this one I suppose but hopefully you'll get the point I was/am trying to make.

Last edited:

smk

Read the story on cnn.com as well. Disgusting. All had excuses, saving the children, yada, yada, yada from the other people who were trying to prey on them. I don't believe them for one second, pedophilia is not curable with any therapy. Best to keep them away (and put them away) once you know they are snakes. I applaud WDW for taking the actions they have taken and I trust they will be diligent in the future as well.

tirian

It's sick and disgusting, but it's also not Disney's fault. If someone's record is clean on hiring day, Disney has no clue about that person's future.

However, all theme parks know that this business attracts a variety of people, including weirdos and sickos. Traveling carnies and gypsies have had bad reputations for centuries.

The majority of Disney CMs (or Uni or SW ones) are normal, good people; but parents who let their kids run off unsupervised because "it's Disney" are idiots.

ElvisMickey

This is no surprise. Coming from a former Disney Store cast member, for as great as Disney's reputation is for having outstanding cast members, unfortunately they're few and far between at WDW these days. Now that I live in Florida and get to WDW at least once a week, I see this more than ever. Since I moved to Florida in December, I've dealt with teens and college kids who could care less, cranky old ladies, creepy old men, and just plain rudeness. There are definitely some great cast members out there too who are knowledgeable about the company and go out of their way to help, but that's becoming more and more the exception. Granted, for as huge as WDW is and for all the positions that need to be filled, it obviously has to be tough to fill all of those spots with the "perfect" cast member. There's bound to be a pedophile or two thrown into the mix lol. Quite honestly, there are sex stings down here on a regular basis...at least every couple of months. And every time there is one and they release the names of the "johns", there's always at least one cast member involved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom