Disney Employee Accused of Stealing Credit Card Numbers

hemloc

My Trek Fuel EX8 was about $2200, so it's no joke if some schmuck buys something like that with someone else's credit card(Grand Theft, me thinks!). What kind of bike did he buy, anyways??

glee

Wow....this...is....just....plain...stupid.

I'm a DVC member, and I take offense to your ignorant statement.

Chill out. It was a joke. They were Not accusing you of anything..:rolleyes::)

And yeah that is stupid....He could have at least bought the titanic. :rolleyes::lol:

RiversideBunny

If you're going to steal a credit card number, get it from a Grand Floridian, Yacht Club, or other Deluxe resort guest, particulalry from guests staying at the concierge level.
Not from a DVC member.

It's best, of course, to not steal at all.

:)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
If you're going to steal a credit card number, get it from a Grand Floridian, Yacht Club, or other Deluxe resort guest, particulalry from guests staying at the concierge level.
Not from a DVC member.

It's best, of course, to not steal at all.

:)

That's it, now I'm offended.... :rolleyes:

glee

Man a bike would not be my first choice but I sure can use one. Anyone want to give me there credit card info. :)

I dont mean to think like a criminal but your less likely to get caught if you steal a bike rather then take a credit card number.

These criminals have no common sense. :hammer::lol:

God job im a good person :ROFLOL: I could teach these idiots a thing or two!:lol:

Timmay

Seriously?? DVC members are offended becasue someone made a crack about them being well off?? That offends you??

Good grief!!:brick::brick::rolleyes:

Tom

Beta Return
Seriously?? DVC members are offended becasue someone made a crack about them being well off?? That offends you??

Good grief!!:brick::brick::rolleyes:

First, I'm about as anti-PC and conservative as they come. But the remark about DVC members "obviously being well off" is offensive. It makes it sound like I'm an elitist, or snob (or actually rich, for that matter).

I can ONLY afford DVC because I paid off one of our cars and allocated that car payment to our monthly DVC payment, for the next 10 years. We have 200 points and they cost me the same as my Ford Explorer used to cost me.

Saying that DVC members "are filthy rich" is just as much an offensive stereotype as the hundreds of others present in our society. It's the same as making a "gay" joke or "retarded" joke and subsequently offending people.

Besides, the original "DVC" comment (and follow-ups) was just plain ignorant. A credit card is a credit card. Limits are limits. It was just a stupid thing to say, all "offenses" aside.

Saying that DVC members "are filthy rich" is just as much an offensive stereotype as the hundreds of others present in our society. It's the same as making a "gay" joke or "retarded" joke and subsequently offending people.

I don't think it was said that anyone was filthy rich, but come on. Not everyone can afford DVC - some can and clearly that means they are fairly well off. Doesn't mean you're extortionately rich...

:wave:

Tom

Beta Return
I don't think it was said that anyone was filthy rich, but come on. Not everyone can afford DVC - some can and clearly that means they are fairly well off. Doesn't mean you're extortionately rich...

:wave:

Yeah, I know.....it's just a silly stereotype that I happened to take offense to. it was also a REALLY BAD DAY :p

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Sorry to bump this thread, but I saw this on Stitchkingdom:

Next month, former Walt Disney World cast member Ana Rosa will begin serving out a two year+ prison sentence as part of a plea bargain for identity theft according to a report from WFTV in Orlando. Although Rosa insists she never used the stolen credit card information, she does admit to purchasing and using a skimming device (using theme park tickets as part of payment) and to selling the information to an outside source who was known to use the information.

According to investigators, Rosa was responsible for over $80,000 in losses and was in possession of fifteen skimming devices. Rosa would hook up the device to the hotel’s check-in computer which she used for a period of four months at the Saratoga Springs and Old Key West resorts. A total of 173 guests were known to have been affected by the scam.
Walt Disney World is said to have taken increased measures in order to prevent events like these to occur again. In recent years, Disney resort guests had fallen victim to a phone scam in which the perpetrator (not a Disney cast member) would overhear the guest’s name and room number and use that information to contact the guest over the phone to gain access to credit card information. As a result of that scam, the resorts began placing warning signs inside the rooms and introduced a policy forbidding cast members to announce room numbers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom