Disney Duct Tape?????

mamamouse

Original Poster
Hi everyone,I'm looking to find Disney Duct Tape,if it's available..what stores??? I saw a project online using duct tape on a pair of shoes,but they way it was done didn't look it cheesey it was really neat,so then I thought how cute would it be to do kids ballet flats in a similar way.I've seen hello kitty,and animal print and even penguin duct tape,so I'm hoping that somewhere out there there might be a disney design??? Please help!!!!

ImagineerDude

Hi everyone,I'm looking to find Disney Duct Tape,if it's available..what stores??? I saw a project online using duct tape on a pair of shoes,but they way it was done didn't look it cheesey it was really neat,so then I thought how cute would it be to do kids ballet flats in a similar way.I've seen hello kitty,and animal print and even penguin duct tape,so I'm hoping that somewhere out there there might be a disney design??? Please help!!!!
I haven't seen any...sorry. I don't know why Disney doesn't start this. It is selling like crazy! I'm sure it will be done two months after the fad has died out just like the Silly Bandz :p

So I have a little insight as my mom actually works for ShurTape or "The Duck People" as a production planner and she knows all about what is up and coming. When she first found out about the new licensing a few years ago with "Hello Kitty" she asked about Disney. My understanding was that the response was it is hard for them to get the agreement to use the characters. I do believe that I just saw Spiderman at WalMart, so my guess is hopefully Mickey is not too far away. But it is also business. It might have been cheaper to get Spiderman's likeness and be able to produce duck tape at a cheap cost and sell for reasonable price ($4ish a roll) versus paying a lot for Mickey and having to hike up prices from $4 a roll to $8 a roll to cover the difference.Hope that helps at giving you a better understanding as to why its not out yet.

Also, did you think of using a white duck tape base, stickers and a clear packing/ duck tape cover? Same kid of effect, but you can personalize it a little bit more :)

mamamouse

Original Poster
So I have a little insight as my mom actually works for ShurTape or "The Duck People" as a production planner and she knows all about what is up and coming. When she first found out about the new licensing a few years ago with "Hello Kitty" she asked about Disney. My understanding was that the response was it is hard for them to get the agreement to use the characters. I do believe that I just saw Spiderman at WalMart, so my guess is hopefully Mickey is not too far away. But it is also business. It might have been cheaper to get Spiderman's likeness and be able to produce duck tape at a cheap cost and sell for reasonable price ($4ish a roll) versus paying a lot for Mickey and having to hike up prices from $4 a roll to $8 a roll to cover the difference.Hope that helps at giving you a better understanding as to why its not out yet.

Also, did you think of using a white duck tape base, stickers and a clear packing/ duck tape cover? Same kid of effect, but you can personalize it a little bit more :)

Oh okay thanks,yeah I did notice that the Hello kitty one costs more than the others aswell,thank u for the info i'll cross my fingers,but spiderman my daughter would love!!!

wiigirl

Dinsey Duct tape....hmm...not sure if thats awesome or scary... :p
75.gif

dreamfinder

Mad Stitch

Yes, I know "holy thread bump Batman." This thread isn't that old though and I have an update to the original posted question. Mickey Mouse duct tape will be shipping to stores this month. Minnie Mouse and Tinkerbell will be coming soon also.

Britt

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Yes, I know "holy thread bump Batman." This thread isn't that old though and I have an update to the original posted question. Mickey Mouse duct tape will be shipping to stores this month. Minnie Mouse and Tinkerbell will be coming soon also.

Did you mentally note this thread 6 months ago in anticipation of Disney duct tape being available in the spring? Kudos to you.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Oh snap!! Didn't notice the date! Sorry! haha

Why are you apologizing? The thread was bumped and it was bumped with new information. I'm legitimately impressed that the bumper actually knew of the existence of this thread, recalled it, and had information on Disney duct tape. It might be the most useful, targeted thread bump I've ever seen on a subject that wouldn't "stick" with most people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom