Disney Dream Job Winners

DisneyRules

Who else won?

Congrats Kenny.Your video was cool.I am also glad Haunted Mansion Fan won as well.I liked his video the best (scary and original) ,then second was MikeSwinehart(funniest and original also),and third Madame Leotta Globe lady(funny,and sincere).The fourth and fifth were harder to choose though,so I will keep those to myself :)
I am very surprised Mike Swine(Haunted Mansion Butler)iand DisneyLandGuy(Jungle Cruise Skipper) did not win,they should have been on the winners list.
Congatulations to all the winners,and to those that didn't win for whatever reason,you know you won to us folks that loved your entries.

New2WDW

Here's what we know thus far from communicating with one another:
Pirates:
kennythepirate
CaptainDante
GentlemanRackstraw
sburkeglobalbroadba
williambeaniv

Parade:
bdisneydpc
lmettlen
yayroxy
arayena
akawamoto

Haunted Mansion: (1 missing)
longtimelistener
hauntedmansionfan
hemphill23
therickyy

Jungle Cruise (2 missing)
bigcowhuna
mrsultana
clockworkmonkey

Princesses:
princesseje
kimberlymerritt
speedfigure06
princesshlk
sithmommom

This is what Kenny listed!

DisneyRules

Winners

Thanks! I did not see the list till after I posted.I really hope DisneyLandGuy is the fifth winner.I will be very surprised if he is not.I also thought Pirate Tony(Tony Bunosso)should have won as well.What can ya do? :)

kennygman

Thanks! I did not see the list till after I posted.I really hope DisneyLandGuy is the fifth winner.I will be very surprised if he is not.I also thought Pirate Tony(Tony Bunosso)should have won as well.What can ya do? :)

I can confirm that disneylandguy did not win in the JC category. He sent me a message to this effect.

Judges determined 100 points and public votes made up another 20. Some people just didn't get the public support they needed to become a prize receiver.

I also liked mikeswine for macaroni night, I thought it was funny. I think the sound quality may have cost him a few points?

skippyrules104

Original Poster
I can confirm that disneylandguy did not win in the JC category. He sent me a message to this effect.

Judges determined 100 points and public votes made up another 20. Some people just didn't get the public support they needed to become a prize receiver.

I also liked mikeswine for macaroni night, I thought it was funny. I think the sound quality may have cost him a few points?

I still want to know what day of the week macaroni night is.

DisneyRules

Da Winners!

Thanks Kenny.So you are saying that basically the judges deciding the winners at 80%(or is it 100?)was their decision(though of course,20% from voting does have an impact :) ).
I agree with most of them,but not choosing DisneyLandGuy and MikeSwinehart mystifies me.Mike's audio was off,but the judges could hear it and see how good his entry was.DisneyLandGuys' entry epitomized a Jungle Cruise Captain.I just don't get it.
It is a compliment to the winners :) that Disney and Career Builders mainly picked them to win,since they are professionals that hire people.Way to Go! :) Congrats again!!!:sohappy:

kennygman

Judges score basically counted for 86.66% of your total (100 of 120)
Yes, the voting certainly did have an impact upon the outcome. Some people moved up and some people moved out based on the voting.

It certainly wasn't fixed or anything like that. We all knew the judges scores weighed heavily. But of course, we don't know what those actual scores were, nor what our voting totals were either.

As for why they would choose who, I certainly couldn't say. I had a few picked for finals that didn't even make it. I know that the score was based on:
25% character/personality
25% humor
25% entertaining
25% originality

I agree that those were two great videos. Mike's macaroni night and giving me the boot was funny and Bret seemed to be the epitome of a jungle cruise skipper. I would not have wanted to be a judge.

figment1985

I'm not sure if this has been posted already, but I am really suprised that dramajoy didn't win the Haunted Mansion Butler/Maid, she was like the best actress....... kinda strange..

I like all the choices though in that category aside from her, and HauntedMansion1's (hauntedmansionfan?) video was one of the best made!

DisneyRules

Winners

Wouldn't is be cool if Disney let you guys keep your "costume"?.That would be a nice remembrance.
I got another great idea actually(LOL).Remember the REALLY REALLY cool auction Disneyland did where someone could bid on their name on a headstone to be used in the Haunted Mansion attraction in Disneyland?Maybe DisneyWorld can do the same thing this year.
And the BEST IDEA I have is maybe both parks could auction the dream to have ones face sculpted(it would be easy and cheap for Disney,to just make a mold of someone's face like they do for lifecasts with latex with a gelatin mold,like the kits you can buy to dip your hand in and make a mold of your hand).For the body,Disney can use one of their exisiting animatronic bodies already created(so no real cost there)and then make an animatronic figure of the winner to be "IN" the attraction,be it Haunted Mansion,Pirates,Jungle Crusie,etc.
Now this is my idea and the FIRST time it has been suggested anywhere,so I get credit(lol).I don't want to hear someone else acting like they came up with the idea,AFTER me.Give me credit for at least one great idea,lol.:sohappy:

skippyrules104

Original Poster
Anyone have any tips for touring DL/DCA?
June 9-12

You have to see the Aladdin show at DCA. IMO that and the electrical parade is the only thing worth going over there for.

While you're in Anaheim you must go to In-N-Out burger. It is essential to any Disneyland trip. I'm not kidding either! :)

kennygman

We're holding out hope on keeping the costume, don't really know yet.

Where do I find an In-N-Out Burger near DL? What makes it so great?

skippyrules104

Original Poster
We're holding out hope on keeping the costume, don't really know yet.

Where do I find an In-N-Out Burger near DL? What makes it so great?

You can ask someone at the hotel's main desk. I stayed at the Grand Californian and they had directions already printed out. It's just a great burger!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom