Disney Dream Job Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

pentau

Of any Haunted Mansion being notified yet. Has anyone who had that dream job audition found out yet? The rules state that the winners will be notified "on or about February 28". So technically it could be tomorrow or the next day. Besides, the affidavits don't necessarily have to be returned by Friday or anything because the videos won't be posted until March 6th anyways. Maybe you can fax them or as long as they're postmarked by the 6th they'll still be able to put your video up. The video's are already up for public viewing so maybe the affidavits are just for the publicity and grand prize after the contest is over. The rules don't state a specific date the affidavits have to be signed by.

Ricky Brigante (host of Inside the Magic) said that he received the call...I know that he submitted for the Haunted Mansion post.

nthebulln7

I haven't heard anything back and I did the Haunted Mansion :( Oh well, i tried. I wish i could have tried harder lol. CONGRATS TO EVERYONE ELSE! YOU ALL HAVE MY VOTE!

kennygman

Besides, the affidavits don't necessarily have to be returned by Friday or anything because the videos won't be posted until March 6th anyways. Maybe you can fax them or as long as they're postmarked by the 6th they'll still be able to put your video up. The video's are already up for public viewing so maybe the affidavits are just for the publicity and grand prize after the contest is over. The rules don't state a specific date the affidavits have to be signed by.

I'm sorry but your statements aren't correct. You MUST fax the affidavit before FRIDAY and then send the original in US mail. It says so on the affidavit itself. It also must be notarized. You must also send the ORIGINAL video to an email address at careerbuilder (I won't post the person's name or he would receive endless spams I'm sure.) If it isn't signed and faxed by Friday you forfeit and the next person in line will receive a shot at it. That is why they are allowing a week to get this all done.

I am a finalist and have done this already in case you were wondering how I would know.

RSoxNo1

I'm sorry but your statements aren't correct. You MUST fax the affidavit before FRIDAY and then send the original in US mail. It says so on the affidavit itself. It also must be notarized. You must also send the ORIGINAL video to an email address at careerbuilder (I won't post the person's name or he would receive endless spams I'm sure.) If it isn't signed and faxed by Friday you forfeit and the next person in line will receive a shot at it. That is why they are allowing a week to get this all done.

I am a finalist and have done this already in case you were wondering how I would know.

I didn't know that we had to mail the original affidavit, the person I spoke to on the phone made no mention of mailing the affidavit or e-mailing the video to someone at careerbuilder.

kennygman

I didn't know that we had to mail the original affidavit, the person I spoke to on the phone made no mention of mailing the affidavit or e-mailing the video to someone at careerbuilder.

The email from Linda stated that the affidavit had to be signed, notarized and faxed by NOON eastern on Friday. "In addition, please return the original signed affidavit via first class mail in an envelope addressed to:....."

"Upon submitting the affidavit, careerbuilder.com has requested that you submit the raw video file of the entry submitted for the contest directly to: blahblah @ cb.com by 3 PM Eastern time on Monday, March 5."

I'll be glad to help more if you need...PM for email or phone numbers as I don't feel they should be posted on the boards.

I hope a lot of people don't miss out because they miss those details.

RSoxNo1

I will look over the rules tonight (I get out of work at 4, so I can run over to the post office with the signed copy if necessary). The issue I might have is sending a file that big over e-mail. I'll call to make sure things get there ok, but I appreciate the heads up. Now if only I could check out the competition here at work. I know of at least one Jungle Cruise one that I think is funnier than my own.

kennygman

I will look over the rules tonight (I get out of work at 4, so I can run over to the post office with the signed copy if necessary). The issue I might have is sending a file that big over e-mail. I'll call to make sure things get there ok, but I appreciate the heads up. Now if only I could check out the competition here at work. I know of at least one Jungle Cruise one that I think is funnier than my own.

Make sure you read the original email. That is where that info is found. Not on the rules or affidavit.

RSoxNo1

http://www.careerbuilder.com/disneydreamjobs/home.asp

This should go live at midnight tonight. My understanding is that the "voting" would actually be views, a la youtube. I'm not sure if the "view" count will be available to the public, or if it's ip address specific. It does seem somewhat strange that this round is not based on actual votes, but views. With that said, careerbuilder.com does have the final say.

Kalikala

I'm a little confused how it works now- when I first read the rules, it said the winner would be the one who got the most views. Now it's doing a combo views/votes thing! I wonder how exactly they determine it?

lcsrig

Good Luck to all the finalists! My son and I just spent the last hour watching and voting. I have to say that the most creative people are DYING to win!!

MickeyTigg

Good Luck to all the finalists! My son and I just spent the last hour watching and voting. I have to say that the most creative people are DYING to win!!

Though I am surprised that some people were finalists....some of the videos aren't very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom