Disney Dream Job Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennygman

Though I am surprised that some people were finalists....some of the videos aren't very good.

There really weren't that many entries into the contest. There were 200-300 total in all categories and they were supposed to pick 100 finalists.

One has been disqualified already for not following the rules. It was a haunted mansion person.

Could you lie to me and tell me you liked mine? :ROFLOL:

kennygman

There are also two other Haunted Mansion butler/maid videos that probably should have been disqualified, as they went over the 45 second marks. I can't even imagine how these made it past the judging stage.

Of course, my video qualifies and is still waiting for your votes:
http://www.careerbuilder.com/disneydreamjobs/dream-job-applicant.asp?jtid=3&ytid=LhDfxbgsLPU

:wave: :ROFLOL:

I've been told that it was blamed on youtube and that the original file that was sent to CB was verified.

HauntedMansion1

Another Haunted Mansion Finalist Here

Hello WDWMAGIC.COMers :)

My name is Tim and I also am a finalist for the Haunted Mansion dream job.

Please view my video and also consider me for the Butler position.

http://www.careerbuilder.com/disney...f6d196508f4ba9a946dabe789d4e57-226611407-xc-2

Since there is room for 5 of us I was hoping you all would cast some votes for me as well as I too am a Disney nut and the biggest HM fan in the world
.....world of the living that is!

Great website and thanks for voting for me!

Tim
HauntedMansion1

Swfewrmco

OK, is it me, or is Ricky a little much with his open politicking for the contest? I mean, I always figured that Ricky is a little too self-involved, seeing that every interview he does on his show gets turned back to him, and that he always has to have the last word during Skipper Ben's segments. I mean, it's his show and he has the right.

But this open and over-the-top campaign to win the contest is a little much. I feel sorry for everybody else in that category who wants a chance, but can't hope to win against this guy.

Swfewrmco

Hello WDWMAGIC.COMers :)

My name is Tim and I also am a finalist for the Haunted Mansion dream job.

Please view my video and also consider me for the Butler position.

http://www.careerbuilder.com/disney...f6d196508f4ba9a946dabe789d4e57-226611407-xc-2

Since there is room for 5 of us I was hoping you all would cast some votes for me as well as I too am a Disney nut and the biggest HM fan in the world
.....world of the living that is!

Great website and thanks for voting for me!

Tim
HauntedMansion1

Tim, your video is pretty good, even though you sound like Stalin. Good luck!

XSTech

I feel sorry for everybody else in that category who wants a chance, but can't hope to win against this guy.

Don't forget, there are 5 winners per category. I'm just trying to secure one of the 5 spots however I can. :) Trust me, I'm not the only one actively promoting my video!

Anyway, as the host of Inside the Magic, it only makes sense that I get the "last word" in everything, doesn't it? I mean, if Skipper Ben were to finish his segment and then I were to just move on to something else, wouldn't that seem a little weird?

Swfewrmco

Don't forget, there are 5 winners per category. I'm just trying to secure one of the 5 spots however I can. :) Trust me, I'm not the only one actively promoting my video!

Not saying you are, just saying you are REALLY over the top. But hey, you have the soap box, why not use it? Just don't try to play it like it's so wonderful for us, because you'll grace us with a tape of the Nemo Subs. No big deal, really. Don't act like you are doing the world a favor.

Anyway, as the host of Inside the Magic, it only makes sense that I get the "last word" in everything, doesn't it? I mean, if Skipper Ben were to finish his segment and then I were to just move on to something else, wouldn't that seem a little weird?

No, not really. I've just noticed that when you interview somebody, you tend to interrupt them and try to make it about yourself. That "Sonny Eclipse" interview was kinda like that. Let people talk. Plus, you like to contradict what SB has to say a lot. Perhaps it's just for effect, but it can be a little much.

As for being all about yourself, I mean, come on dude, you put up a nearly 10-minute video of what you do at Epcot for a day, including taping your lunch. A bit much.

XSTech

I'll PM you to continue you this conversation... I don't want to take this thread completely off topic.

Swfewrmco

I'll PM you to continue you this conversation... I don't want to take this thread completely off topic.

Isn't the topic you wanting people to vote for your video? In that case, yeah, I can see why you wouldn't want this to go off-topic. :)

XSTech

Actually, I didn't start this thread. This topic is for anyone to discuss the Disney Dream Job contest, my video or not.

Swfewrmco

Actually, I didn't start this thread. This topic is for anyone to discuss the Disney Dream Job contest, my video or not.

Perhaps that is how is started, but judging by how many "ITM" logos whiz by when I scroll through the pages, it has taken a bit of a turn.

Dizryan....
Do you have something against Ricky and his podcast? I don't understand why you're trying to bring him down. Don't you think he deserves to win? His video was pretty good don't you think? I think he does a really good job with his podcast! Wouldn't you try and push your video to win if you were him? He's a pretty huge Haunted Mansion fan from what I've heard. I really don't understand what your problem with him is I suppose :(

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Perhaps that is how is started, but judging by how many "ITM" logos whiz by when I scroll through the pages, it has taken a bit of a turn.

stats on thread:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 119
User Name Posts
kennygman 42
RSoxNo1 11
XSTech 8
Kalikala 6
kengels 6
Princess YaYa 5
dizryan 5
Dagger 5
unkadug 4
pinkrose 4
nthebulln7 4
twirl2378 2
DisneyChik17 2
HauntedMansion1 2
cptwife80 1
sillyspook13 1
HandyAndy 1
skippyrules104 1
TiggerRPh 1
TheDisneyGirl02 1
lcsrig 1
Fallen Angel 1
MagicHourMan 1
bgraham34 1
mainstreet1997 1
pentau 1
Simba1 1

I wouldn't exactly call him taking over the thread by ANY means.

Quit antagonizing people. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom