Disney Dollars

IndyDisney

I don't see why not. They'd run it just like a credit card.

I know my mom still has some Disney Dollars from 1989, but I haven't gotten any since then. I'm not big on souvenirs. I do, however, use my Disney Visa points to pay for food, and those go on a regular gift card.
I think they're great for budgeting or for giving your kids to spend so they have "real" money though.

I would look into this a bit further before using DDs for tips. Coming from a food industry background, stuff like that is sometimes seen as gift certificates. If a server gets them as a tip, they may not be able to exchange them for cash.

I have no clue as to how it works, and someone please correct me if I am wrong. I'm just going on personal experience working in restaurants.

Cheers,
Dave

lilclerk

I would look into this a bit further before using DDs for tips. Coming from a food industry background, stuff like that is sometimes seen as gift certificates. If a server gets them as a tip, they may not be able to exchange them for cash.

I have no clue as to how it works, and someone please correct me if I am wrong. I'm just going on personal experience working in restaurants.

Cheers,
Dave
I'm guessing =\ I know I paid for the whole meal + tip with gift cards several times while there and they gave me a receipt like a credit card slip with the spot where you write in extra for the tip...
I'm not sure about Disney Dollars though.

IndyDisney

I'm guessing =\ I know I paid for the whole meal + tip with gift cards several times while there and they gave me a receipt like a credit card slip with the spot where you write in extra for the tip...
I'm not sure about Disney Dollars though.

Gift cards would run like a CC, so you can tip on them and the server would receive the cash at the end of the night. With the DDs being a form of "currency" on Disney properties in $1, $5, and %10 denominations, they may be seen as paper gift certificates, and the server may not be able to exchange them.

Like I said, I'm only guessing, too. I just wanted to put my $.02 in from a server's perspective. Hopefully someone can clear this up.

Cheers,

Dave

Joy Peace

Original Poster
Gift cards would run like a CC, so you can tip on them and the server would receive the cash at the end of the night. With the DDs being a form of "currency" on Disney properties in $1, $5, and %10 denominations, they may be seen as paper gift certificates, and the server may not be able to exchange them.

Like I said, I'm only guessing, too. I just wanted to put my $.02 in from a server's perspective. Hopefully someone can clear this up.

Cheers,

Dave

Yes someone please clear this up

PinMadness

Cheers,

Dave

Disney Dollars are considered the same as cash at WDW so I would think that it would be Okay to leave Disney Dollars as a tip.

Senderella

I was also told by several CMs at WDW that your balance on the Disney giftcard shows up on your receipts. Can anyone verify?

Also, what's the highest amount allowed on them? DH & I are considering using only these for our next trip. Thanks!!

PinMadness

I was also told by several CMs at WDW that your balance on the Disney giftcard shows up on your receipts. Can anyone verify?

Also, what's the highest amount allowed on them? DH & I are considering using only these for our next trip. Thanks!!

Yep, the remaining amount will show at the bottom of your receipt. Sometimes they'll circle it for you because they aren't supposed to say your remaining balance outloud.

I think the maximum on the Disney Giftcards is $500, but I am not 100% sure on that.

jonnyc

On my first trip to WDW back in 2000, all the planes were being serviced, so we were on some other jumbos (which seemed like they were going to break, very unnerving lol). But in the kids packs on the plane (i was 9), they gave out 10 Disney Dollars to apologise for the inconvienence. I still have mine, i couldn't bear to spend them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom