Disney dollars ?

WDWspider

Originally posted by MKCustodial
What's the advantage? Do you get discounts for using Disney Dollars? And what's the rate, one for one?

The advantage is fun, the rate is 1:1. No special things other than Disney Money instead of real.:)

Yellow Shoes

Here are suggestions for Disney Dollars:

they are a good way of "enforced savings" Once you buy them, it is money committed to the trip

some people give them to their kids and tell them that it is the only money you can use at WDW. (OK--this won't work with every kid, but it is a way to set spending limits for your kids)

they are waaay cute, and make an inexpensive souvenir

I give them as gifts to people who are going to WDW

MicBat

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
Here are suggestions for Disney Dollars:
some people give them to their kids and tell them that it is the only money you can use at WDW. (OK--this won't work with every kid, but it is a way to set spending limits for your kids)

I thought that up until age 12!.. ok, not really

WDWspider

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
Not forgetting the downside - Disney then has your $ if you lose or forget to spend the Disney Dollars :lol:

And therein is the whole purpose on Disney's Business Side. Sad, but true. :lol:

Bagheera

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
Not forgetting the downside - Disney then has your $ if you lose or forget to spend the Disney Dollars :lol:

Actually, if you've got Disney Dollars left after your trip, you can just go back to the local Disney Store and either use them as cash there or convert them back to standard currency.

figmentmom

Originally posted by Lilo
I use Disney Dollars as souvenirs. When I get enough I'm going to mount them for my son:animwink:

I agree, Lilo. There aren't too many souvenirs you can purchase at WDW for only a dollar, so they really are a neat gift!

AND - if you're bringing one back for a child who has a trip planned in the near future, you can let them know they will be able to spend it when they get there!:)

kimrn87

Disney dollars we get them for our kids.....makes it fun. I also save at least one dollar for a souvenier. We bought several hundred dollars for our trip this year.

Tramp

Originally posted by emmagata
What denominations do they have and who's on them?

...I think they come in 1, 5, and 10.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 120

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom