Disney Dollar and Alcholic drinks?

teddygurl28

Original Poster
Ok I am totally new to these Boards and i have a really really random question?? I am going to Disney (woohooo!!!) with my boyfriend, im 24 and this is my first time going since turning 21 and my first time going without my parents so im doing the planning and its really fun but i didnt realize what went into it! so i was wondering if every place in disney still took disney dollars? and if so can i use them for alcohol? i know this sounds bizzsare? but my thought is to buy lots of disney dollars while im at home, so i can use them for drinks and souveniers (sp?) on my trip and that way it wont seem like i spent so much money, just like i bought the deluxe dining plan...haha im probably spending way to much money but i figure if i pay for it now or pay with disney money which looks fake it wont be so bad! so yeah to repeat my question can i use disney dollars for alcohol throughout disneY? any thoughts on this would be good! im going labor day so i ahve some time to plan ahead!

Pioneer Hall

Disney Dollars can be used as Cash everywhere on property (the only exception might be some of the non-disney owned areas). So if you go to a bar at one of the Disney resorts or Theme parks you shouldn't have an issue. You may want to consider the Disney Gift Card that is available at your Disney Store as well. You can keep adding to the card and you wouldn't have to carry around all the excess paper.

disneygirl1

Hi there and welcome to the boards! There is a lot of planning that goes into a Disney vacation, but I love it! It builds up the anticipation of the trip...

As far as your Disney Dollar question goes, I always buy Disney Dollars for every trip. like you said, you don't feel like you spent so much! As far as I am aware, you can use the Disney Dollar anywhere in the Walt Disney World Complex. Expect for maybe a few places, like Rainforest cafe that is not owned by Disney. And yes you can use them for Alcohol too :animwink: I used them this past October at the pool bar at All-Star Music.

Hope you and your boyfriend have an awesome trip!

teddygurl28

Original Poster
Disney Dollars can be used as Cash everywhere on property (the only exception might be some of the non-disney owned areas). So if you go to a bar at one of the Disney resorts or Theme parks you shouldn't have an issue. You may want to consider the Disney Gift Card that is available at your Disney Store as well. You can keep adding to the card and you wouldn't have to carry around all the excess paper.

i wasnt aware of using a disney gift card, but that sounds like an awesome idea as well. thanks for the advice!

slappy magoo

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but is it possible to run a tab at whatever club you're currently in, and pay for it with your room card?

NOTHING makes you feel more mature than just giving 'em your room key :D

disneygirl1

That's a good question, I'm not a 100% sure. By clubs, are you referring to Pleasure Island? If so, I know a friend of mine was at one of the clubs there last October w/a large group from her husbands work, and they allowed their party to run a tab and pay at the end of the night. Hope this helps..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom