Disney Does It Right

pintraderpayee

I'm going out on a limb here, you're not a CM?
The vast majority, not all, of CMs are there because they really wanted to be part of something special.
The pay is competitive, Disney expects a lot out of every CM, the work environment can be grueling in some positions, yet they do it and are proud to wear that oval name tag.
Nothing demonstrates that more than the College Program and International Program kids.

I agree. DD is in the college program right now. If she had just wanted a semester of working, she could have worked at Six Flags. She wanted to be part of something truly special (and it looks terrific on a resume;). She has been able to take classes, be a voluntEAR, make friends from around the world and spread the magic. The team and work ethic at Disney are hard to beat. She has no desire to work anywhere else while in Orlando. On her days off, she can pick up all the extra shifts (parks or resorts) that she wants.

Proud parent of a Spring Advantage CPCM---Flame Tree BBQ and Pecos Bill's will never be the same:lol:

Rowdy

No, an employee is an employee is an employee. Meaningless titles are just that. And you don't seriously think Disney is the only theme park organization that trains their employees, do you? :lookaroun

There's a code of conduct, and believe it or not.... it's different for each company. CRAZY RIGHT!? He didn't say they were the only ones that trained their employees. It's not if they train them, it's how, and yes it's different.

PS, love this thread. Asks what Disney does right. Gets answers about how people like Universal. Reading comprehension is difficult.

jlevis

There's a code of conduct, and believe it or not.... it's different for each company. CRAZY RIGHT!? He didn't say they were the only ones that trained their employees. It's not if they train them, it's how, and yes it's different.

It is not only how they train them it is how they follow-up on that training and the the performance expectations they have of their Cast Members.

If you think an employee is an employee go to your nearest medical school and ask a PhD faculty member how they like being an employee.

Walt Disney1955

Disney still does a lot of things right, and the best.

Off the top of my head I have never experienced the fireworks the way Disney does it. I guess in a way I always try to find one that it can compare with. It never happens. Your local fair won't compete, even a July 4th celebration at a Reds game in Cincinatti couldn't compare. Or at King's Island either and I was at eye level up the top of the Eiffel Tower replica.

Disney just combines their music with the Castle and an aura that just literally captivates you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom