Disney Dining

MichBiv

I'm planning my honeymoon and we'd like to have as much pre-paid as we can so we have been considering the dining plan. Is it really worth it? We do enjoy eating :ROFLOL: and plan to really enjoy ourselves, but of course we want to try to do this the most cost effective way and want to be able to get the most from it.

yankspy

I'm planning my honeymoon and we'd like to have as much pre-paid as we can so we have been considering the dining plan. Is it really worth it? We do enjoy eating :ROFLOL: and plan to really enjoy ourselves, but of course we want to try to do this the most cost effective way and want to be able to get the most from it.
It seems difficult to be cost effective and really enjoy yourselves. :) It is different for all people. For me, I am not crazy about it. I like to eat what I want when I want. We did our honeymoon in WDW and we ate at many of the signature restaurants which I believe charge two TS credits for each meal. For another trip, maybe, but this is your honeymoon. Go crazy, if you can.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Yes, I think it is very much worth it. We tried it last year, and granted we didn't have to tip and we got appetizers unlike this year. But I still think that the DDP is worth it...if you think about it, food there is not cheap by any means. And if you calculated breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner in one day, thats a lot of money for a family. And being that is payed for in advanced is even better. Not having to empty your wallet just on food is great (more money for souveniers!!). Now, if I go by myself this years trip, I wouldn't do the DDP. Because I'll be alone, I won't be eating at any sitdown restaurants. But I will eat in moderation and not just have the same junk everyday.

Upvote 0

gnorth

My family loves the dining plan. It takes the guess work out of how much to budget for food. Last visit we went with extended family about half had the plan and the other half did not. The half that did not hated not being on the plan. Just love looking at the menu and not caring about the price and just ordering what looks good and not what's cheapest.:sohappy:
My advice go with the plan....

Upvote 0

gmg

It is absolutely worth it. We have done it one time and have already booked it for our trip in June and in October. It is so easy. If anything you get too much food.

Upvote 0

fosse76

It just really depends on your eating habits. Would you have normally eaten a table service meal (and order dessert with it) every day of your trip? I did a cost analysis, and based on the types of food I eat and how much Disney charges for them, I would actually be losing money. None of what I would eat would add up to the $38/day the plan costs. I would practically have to order the most expensive meals in order to break even, let alone save money. Especially now since tip and an appetizer are not included. Plus, I generally don't order dessert when I have a sit-down meal, so I am spending money on food that I normally wouldn't have ordered (so even if I do end up saving money based on what I spent against the cost, I am still losing money because I wouldn't have originally spent that money to begin with).

For example, most of the counter service meals (combo with drink) would be around $10.00. My TS meal would have to be around $25 to make my money back (since the cost of the snack can make up the rest easily). That's a lot of heavy eating during the trip that I would not have normally done. Since I live in New York, eating at a restaurant at Disney is the equivalent to going to a mall restaurant...nothing special. Not to say the quality isn't better than a mall restaurant, just that for me they aren't anything special. So for Me, it's not worth it.

I have the dining plan when I go in September, but it's free, so I am really saving a lot of money. But personally for me, there wouldn't be any savings under normal circumstances. You just have to look at your eating habits. I believe you can charge everything to your room key, and if I've read other posts correctly, you can even put money on the card for them to deduct from (like a debit card). That might be better.

Upvote 0

dvitali

Single/solo/Dining plan

I am looking at the Dining plan for myself for the first week of December after some co workers recommend it . I travel solo and usually just have breakfast at the resort and use counter service at the parks and snack are from the carts (soda,popcorn,ice cream). I am self consience about sitting at a table in the finer restauants (last one was at 50 prime time in DHS several year ago).
Can I get a modified plan to have no table and more counter service or more snacks?

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

I think the DDP is worth it, for us. Every family has different needs so assess it according to your eating styles. We paid for the dining plan last year and I think it waay more than paid for itself. In fact, on the last day, we still had over 10 snack credits left so we had lots of frozen lemonades:slurp: and took a few snacks to the airport. Not having an appetizer is a bummer(personally I say leave the dessert and keep the appetizer but I get that a dessert is cheaper than an appetizer), but I still consider it a value. I was looking at the check of every meal and we really did save. Plus, as others have mentioned, I like not having to worry about a food budget. It's already paid for. Sure you can prepay on your KTTW card and link it to a credit card, but even then you can use that $ for anything in the world. I think it is a no hastle way of having everything done for you. (Like having vouchers fro everything with no vouchers to hand out)

As far as exchanging a TS for more QS...I don't think you can do that but call 1407-WDW-DINE to varify.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom