News Disney Dining Plan Returns in 2024

Jon81uk

DDP and, I thought the regular plan also, used to include an appetizer for table service.

DDP made most economic sense when you upgraded from "free" dining, even paying rack rate.

Even eating multiple TS and buffets, we always lost weight at Disney due to the amount of walking.
I think it’s been well over ten years since the DDP included appetisers.

JD80

I thought the last dining plan included alcohol as well

It did, but the wording now seems to imply an adult beverage with each meal?

edit: Just realized when they added alcohol they added it to TS and QS for the DDP. For some reason I had remembered it being just the TS portion. Oops.

Last edited:

mysto

I really don't think the DDP situation is really different than in the past. It's only "worth it" if you like the convenience of the credit system (for fun), or you get it free in a package. I think free dining must be on the horizon so they had to get it in place.

Including alcohol in a package is never fair to non-drinkers, I'm against it. On the other hand Disney's costs are much lower than what they charge, making a drink is $2 and they charge $20. The non-drinkers also get a soda and Disney's cost for a soda is like 20 cents they charge $3. So your opportunity cost appears to be $17, but you're only carrying 2.00-.20 = $1.80 extra wholesale spend over the drinkers per credit.

TheMaxRebo

The inclusion of alcohol is what killed the dining plan for us. It was usually pretty close to break-even before alcohol was included but now it's miles away.

Some meals I want a drink. Some meals I want 2 or 3. Most meals I just want water, so even soda being "included" was wasted "value" for me. And if you have a child between 10 and 20, there's absolutely zero chance this makes any sense for you.

We never drink soda so that being included didn't provide any value to us

My wife and I usually will get a drink, but feeling like we "have" to get one is not really relaxing/a positive

And purchasing something for my kids where an aspect of the "value" is the inclusion of alcohol they can't have just bugs me

Ayla

Why not release bookings at a rolling # days instead of trying to book an entire year at the same instant? These people are a bunch of hacks.
It's been decades of embarrassing IT, predictable crashed websites and shameful incompetence literally every. single. time they try to roll out anything. I wonder if they'll ever get around to fixing it. :rolleyes: You'd think at some point SOMEONE would say "hey guys, maybe we should fix this?"

TheMaxRebo

Not quite sure why people are angry about the price rises of 20% or so in adult meals. They’re providing a service that allows you to prepay for your meals. It’s more hassle on a daily basis to try and make the DDP work.

I’ll stick to putting the money aside each month leading up to my trip then paying OOP. We tend to have breakfasts in our room and then kids meals for lunch. Continue to have 2 or so character meals a trip but where we don’t often drink alcohol, we’ll save.

Because next year all the OOP food prices increase by 20% to try and show what a "value" the DDP is

KateKirisit

I am waiting for the website to come back online to TRY and book my 2024 Vacation package. - We are going to Disney for the first time ever and are doing to standard DDP. - any thoughts, tips, tricks, advice for a newbie?

JD80

I am waiting for the website to come back online to TRY and book my 2024 Vacation package. - We are going to Disney for the first time ever and are doing to standard DDP. - any thoughts, tips, tricks, advice for a newbie?
Strictly speaking about the DDP, do the math first with an exercise. Current pricing exists on the internet for all the menus. Set up a spreadsheet for yourself/family and pick random meals from random restaurants that interest you and put it all together.

However more the DDP is that you're actually spending is the cost of having it all be pre-paid.

TheMaxRebo

For using the DDP? Definitely do research to figure out where you are maximizing the benefit - 1 TS character meals, etc.

If you drink alcohol try to do so at your meals as they are included vs just getting a beer separate from the meal

Can use your snack credits at the Epcot festival booths (for food, not drinks)

Your credits are totals for your trip so you can use more or less credits each day (so could do 2 TS one day and then none the next, use multiple snacks credits on your Epcot day, etc

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom