News Disney Dining Plan Returns in 2024

TheMaxRebo

Ok I’m seeing $94.28/$29.69 and $57.01/$23.83

kids prices actually down a little - so if you have kids and plan to do character meals can help a bit .... but that adult price makes it really tough - really need to get an expensive alcoholic drink each meal and pick prefixe or expensive options just to get there

Some analysis I had done to try and guess pricing (though, we now know Akershus is 2 TS credits) ... the "high end" AK day I laid out would still provide some value, but really harder now. Vs the 2 "mid-tier" scenarios you are losing ~$20/adult

Plan never worked for us anyway, but really only works for people that like the prepaying element not to save $ (even if really trying to)

1685534810188.png

Ayla

Weren't the former prices $42 for QS and $77 for TS? Even if I'm remembering wrong, the prices now are ridiculous. Total rip off. Yet, more proof people will line up to throw money at Disney. 🙄

surfsupdon

Reason why Disney kept pricing a secret until morning of. Don't think they just came up with pricing this morning. They know they have rabid fans who will pay anything, and people on the fence who Disney does not want figuring out if the price is "worth it." Just morning of impulse purchases.

CaptainAmerica

Sounds like there is a discount.

"You can save up to 20% on dining for kids ages 3 to 9 when you purchase a dining plan for your family as part of a Walt Disney Travel Company package."
No, they're saying the dining plan represents up to a 20% savings on menu prices versus paying cash for your meals, not that the child dining plan is 20% cheaper than the adult dining plan.

The child dining plan is WAY cheaper than 20% off of the adult price.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
No, they're saying the dining plan represents up to a 20% savings on menu prices versus paying cash for your meals, not that the child dining plan is 20% cheaper than the adult dining plan.

The child dining plan is WAY cheaper than 20% off of the adult price.

Ah, yes! Misunderstood - caught it before I deleted it! 😉

CaptainAmerica

really need to get an expensive alcoholic drink each meal
The inclusion of alcohol is what killed the dining plan for us. It was usually pretty close to break-even before alcohol was included but now it's miles away.

Some meals I want a drink. Some meals I want 2 or 3. Most meals I just want water, so even soda being "included" was wasted "value" for me. And if you have a child between 10 and 20, there's absolutely zero chance this makes any sense for you.

CaptainAmerica

I’ve never experienced the DDP but it feels like an inordinate hassle, not a deal, and one that incentivizes gluttony.
If you've been to the parks dozens of times, the DDP can be fun in a "let's focus on food this trip" kind of way. There's a gamification element that tickled something in my lizard brain. But it's not something I would want to manage for a once-in-a-few-years trip because I'd want to be focused on other things.

It absolutely incentives gluttony, but I always lose weight at WDW because my physical activity is always enough to overcome my caloric intake.

I would never even consider the DDP at these prices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom