News Disney Dining Plan Returns in 2024

note2001

Hmmm.

We kind of enjoyed the availability of the day of reservations we had a couple of weeks ago. Tons of availability. I fear the dining plan will really decrease day of options.
Yup. If historical evidence is permitted it will also reduce options on the menus even more.
It felt like the menus sprang back to life a little with the DDP gone.

I dine out for the entrees offered, not the appetizers or deserts. If I want them I'll get them someplace else. We need a return to normal dining habits.

arich35

DVC members can take advantage, and AP holders can take advantage if they have a resort reservation.
The whole vacation package verbiage is confusing. It makes it seem like you have to pay for a vacation package (resort+tickets) to buy disney dining plan. Am I missing something?

CaptainAmerica

The whole vacation package verbiage is confusing. It makes it seem like you have to pay for a vacation package (resort+tickets) to buy disney dining plan. Am I missing something?
Yeah it's confusing the way they phrase it, but for DVC members and AP holders, there are ways to get a thing that's technically called a "package" that isn't "resort+tickets."

For AP holders, a room + dining plan is itself a package.

DVC members book through Member Services.

arich35

Yeah it's confusing the way they phrase it, but for DVC members and AP holders, there are ways to get a thing that's technically called a "package" that isn't "resort+tickets."

For AP holders, a room + dining plan is itself a package.

DVC members book through Member Services.
Thank you. We just became DVC members in November so not really sure how it all works and we have a trip booked for January 15th so I would at least like to see the pricing to see if it is even worth it (more than likely not).

nicb88

I’m glad it’s back, and glad they’ve Simplified it by getting rid of the Deluxe Tier.
I don’t really understand why they have. For those who purchased it, they were giving even more time and money to Disney while getting more than what the base tiers offered. For those who didn’t want it, they just didn’t need to purchase it.

Brian

I used it once and don’t think I got my moneys worth, I’m hopeful this may lead to free dining promotions though which I’d love.
"Free dining" equals rack rate room in virtually every scenario. I'm not saying it's necessarily always a rip off, just be sure to compare the "free dining" to any other packages available which may include discounted room and/or tickets.

Last edited:

Indy_UK

I don’t really understand why they have. For those who purchased it, they were giving even more time and money to Disney while getting more than what the base tiers offered. For those who didn’t want it, they just didn’t need to purchase it.

Maybe a perception thing that it wasn’t good value? Getting rid may not highlight how expensive the 2 remaining tiers are when they come back more expensive. Personally though it seemed like too much food and pointless

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
"Bringing back our fan-favorite Disney dining plans: Time to eat! Disney dining plans will be coming back as an option for those staying at Disney Resort hotels who purchase a vacation package with us starting with stays beginning Jan. 9, 2024, which will also open for bookings on May 31. We know our guests – and families in particular – have missed dining plans, which offer guests the convenience and peace of mind of pre-paying for their meals and snacks. Guests will be able to choose from two popular options: Packages that include either the Disney Quick Service Dining Plan or the Disney Dining Plan. Both plans will be a great value for families with young children with access to many spectacular food and beverage offerings across Walt Disney World."

So if I read this correctly, next year resort bookings/ packages will open on May 31?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom