Disney Dining Plan Question

theedge77

I am getting the free dining plan meal for my family and going in September. I just had a quick question concerning this plan. Are there certain entrees that are 'off-limits' while you are dining on this plan? Three of my family members (including myself) love steak and would be disappointed to make a reservation at a place that we know serves steak... but then find out that we can't order that particular entree.

If there are specific entrees that we have to choose from, is there a website that lists those entrees?

Also, when ordering appetizers... do you get a full appetizer per person... or is it a 'single' serving version of an appetizer?

Thanks for any help you can give!

-Josh

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The DDP Brochure used to indicate that certain restaurants had some menu items that would require a surcharge. The current brochure doesn't make any such distinction.

For appetizers, you can each order one appetizer from those on the menu. The appetizers are not intended to serve more than one person, but there's nothing stopping you from ordering a different one each and sharing.

Upvote 0

COOLKID007

You get a full appetizer.
You could have whatever you want! That's great, huh!
And I did go to Wolfgang Puck's upstairs dining room, (There's a difference from downstairs. Downstairs is cheaper) and I couldn't use the Dining Plan if that helps you out a little theedge77. I hope I helped ya. Adios

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
COOLKID007 said:
And I did go to Wolfgang Puck's upstairs dining room, (There's a difference from downstairs. Downstairs is cheaper) and I couldn't use the Dining Plan if that helps you out a little theedge77. I hope I helped ya. Adios

You couldn't use it upstairs, but did you ask if it could be used downstairs?

Upvote 0

natalia1681

You get a full appetizer from the menu. You get to order off of the regular menu, too, not a Disney Dining Version:D

Also, when you order your meal, you can have any item on the menu--including steak. Check out the menus, I really like the ones at allearsnet.com and found those to be very helpful. I think that the only limitations were on lobster.:D

Upvote 0

DisneyBunny

theedge77 said:
I am getting the free dining plan meal for my family and going in September. I just had a quick question concerning this plan. Are there certain entrees that are 'off-limits' while you are dining on this plan? Three of my family members (including myself) love steak and would be disappointed to make a reservation at a place that we know serves steak... but then find out that we can't order that particular entree.

If there are specific entrees that we have to choose from, is there a website that lists those entrees?

Also, when ordering appetizers... do you get a full appetizer per person... or is it a 'single' serving version of an appetizer?

Thanks for any help you can give!

-Josh

Steak is certainly included on the DDP! We just got back, and I had it planned on visiting places with steak on the menu just about every night.

As for appetizers, one per person, normal sized appetizers are the norm. The only exception is when it is listed as serving 2-4 on the menu, then that one would count for both people. We enjoyed the cheese plate appetizer in France this way - a $24 appetizer, and it was included! :slurp:

Upvote 0

Ciciwoowoo

COOLKID007 said:

The funny thing about that is, we went the beginning of May and were told we could only use the DDP upstairs, not downstairs. Just the opposite of what they told you.

Upvote 0

Floridasunshine

Here is an example of what our family of 4 ordered at Le Cellier:

1 Barley Soup
1 Cheddar Soup
2 Sirloin Skewer Appetizers
1 Sirloin 14 oz filet
1 Salmon Dinner (I think)
2 Filet Mignon Dinners
1 Dessert Sampler platter (took 2 dessert credits)
2 Chocolate Cakes

Plus the free breadsticks...
Our bill was over $219!

I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE the dining plan! :slurp:

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

I had asked this in another thread and didn't get an answer, so I'm going to try again:

If a resturant has more then one section devoted to appetizers, could you order from any of them, even if it isn't called appetizers? For example, there could be appetizers, starters, and sushi all listed before the main entree. Could I order sushi instead of an appetizer?

Also, it says non-alcholic drinks are included. Does it include smoothies if the have them? Or is it just soda tea water etc.

Thank you! I can't wait to take full advantage of the Dining Plan in August!

Upvote 0

theedge77

Original Poster
Thank you so much for all of your answers! It really helped me understand what will be available on the plan!

Wow! Now I can't wait! My mouth is watering just thinking about all that steak.

Hehe.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

gemini

Let me jump in with an odd question.

Say I go to a cart to get a bottle of water and for whatever reason I don't want to use one of my snack credits. Can I still use the resort card to buy the drink with the amount going to my bill?

Upvote 0

autigger

First, I had the same question as gemini (above) concering snacks.

Second, how do tips work? Are they included and, if so, how much? For example, if I went to La Cellier and the bill was $200, would I need to tip out-of-pocket what I normally would for that type of meal?

Upvote 0

Floridasunshine

Sure, you can still pay/charge whatever you want to. You just have to tell them if you are using the dining plan.

As far as tips, it is a flat 18% already calculated into the bill and paid by the Dining Plan, so you should have NO out of pocket at a meal unless you buy non-covered drinks or extra food that is not on the plan ....

Upvote 0

Floridasunshine

SewIn2Disney said:
I had asked this in another thread and didn't get an answer, so I'm going to try again:

If a resturant has more then one section devoted to appetizers, could you order from any of them, even if it isn't called appetizers? For example, there could be appetizers, starters, and sushi all listed before the main entree. Could I order sushi instead of an appetizer?

Also, it says non-alcholic drinks are included. Does it include smoothies if the have them? Or is it just soda tea water etc.

As far as the appetizers and starters, some restaurants do and some don't,,,, it is up to the individual restaurant, but if you ask they are happy to tell you what is covered and what isn't.

Regarding the drinks, usually it is the regular drinks, tea, soda, milk, coffee, etc. However, I know some restaurants let you get a milkshake as a dessert and some allow it as a 'drink'. I know at Chef Mickey's we had to pay out of pocket for those 'light-up' blue ice cube drinks that my kids just HAD to have (at $3.95 a pop!!! :hammer: ). So, again, just ask and they will tell you ....

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
MontyMon said:
You couldn't use it upstairs, but did you ask if it could be used downstairs?

Yes, Wolfgang Puck Cafe (downstairs) IS included in the plan, as are most restaurants at DTD. The best planning reference is the brochure that MontyMon provided a link to.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom