Disney Dining Plan Offer UK.

Cariad

Original Poster
I have just looked into booking for 2025 with the free Disney Dining Plan offer, I'm in the UK by the way. First of all, you only get one QS meal and a drink per day if you are staying at a value resort, which is fair enough, a freebie is a freebie. But, it says if you are willing to pay an extra £30 per night per person you can get the full QS dining plan, but what you get for that £30 ($38 approximately) is one extra QS entree and alchoholic/non alcoholic drink per day plus a Refillable mug. I think this is a bit of a con trick by Disney as you would be hard pressed to find a QS entree, a drink and a snack to the value of $38 a day and for the over 10s and under 21s they can't get the value of adding an alcoholic drink with every meal, not that most people would want to do this. I've been told that you can no longer exchange a dining credit for three snacks either anymore. So I'll just take the freebie and pay OOP for everything else.

wannabeBelle

I have just looked into booking for 2025 with the free Disney Dining Plan offer, I'm in the UK by the way. First of all, you only get one QS meal and a drink per day if you are staying at a value resort, which is fair enough, a freebie is a freebie. But, it says if you are willing to pay an extra £30 per night per person you can get the full QS dining plan, but what you get for that £30 ($38 approximately) is one extra QS entree and alchoholic/non alcoholic drink per day plus a Refillable mug. I think this is a bit of a con trick by Disney as you would be hard pressed to find a QS entree, a drink and a snack to the value of $38 a day and for the over 10s and under 21s they can't get the value of adding an alcoholic drink with every meal, not that most people would want to do this. I've been told that you can no longer exchange a dining credit for three snacks either anymore. So I'll just take the freebie and pay OOP for everything else.
All of this information is from the American Site, so please double check to make sure the UK offer isnt different. The Quick Service plan has 2 quick service meals, not one, see here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/plans/#drawer-card-drawerDisneyQuickServiceDiningPlan
The Regular Plus Dining plan offers one quick service meal and one sit down meal, not two quick service meals. Click on each of the meal plans to see the allowances. I hope this is helpful!! Marie

osian

Helo Cariad :) Indeed, I don't think dining plans have ever made sense financially and they're very restrictive, and in their new incarnations are even worse value. I prefer the gift cards/dining & merchandise credit that they've been giving as part of packages for the last few years, as the credit can be used in any way you want, not restricted to how many meals or types of meal, snack, drink etc. And as a solo traveller I benefitted because the credit is given per room. I had $1,000 of dining/merchandise credit last year staying at Riverside! But for 2025 they've stopped this in favour of the revamped dining plans. I've got a holiday booked for this coming November, one of the last to be getting the credit. At a value resort with $460 credit, so compare that with the stated value of the "free" quick service meal per day. If you pay OOP you're likely to be spending less overall because your food & drink requirements thoughout the day don't fall neatly into x number of entrees and x number of snacks per day, and you'll be paying the normal price not the inflated price of the dining plan.

Last edited:

osian

All of this information is from the American Site, so please double check to make sure the UK offer isnt different. The Quick Service plan has 2 quick service meals, not one, see here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/plans/#drawer-card-drawerDisneyQuickServiceDiningPlan
The Regular Plus Dining plan offers one quick service meal and one sit down meal, not two quick service meals. Click on each of the meal plans to see the allowances. I hope this is helpful!! Marie
The Value resorts don't get the full QS plan. The UK offer, for the UK site is "Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner with a FREE Quick-Service meal per night for everyone on your booking!". That's all. Includes a drink, but no snacks, no mug. But you can upgrade to the full QS plan, which includes:

Per guest, for each night of your stay:
  • 2 Quick-Service meals
  • 1 non-alcoholic/alcoholic drink per meal‡
  • 1 selected snack or drink
  • Resort-refillable mug†"

Cariad

Original Poster
Helo Cariad :) Indeed, I don't think dining plans have ever made sense financially and they're very restrictive, and in their new incarnations are even worse value. I prefer the gift cards/dining & merchandise credit that they've been giving as part of packages for the last few years, as the credit can be used in any way you want, not restricted to how many meals or types of meal, snack, drink etc. And as a solo traveller I benefitted because the credit is given per room. I had $1,000 of dining/merchandise credit last year staying at Riverside! But for 2025 they've stopped this in favour of the revamped dining plans. I've got a holiday booked for this coming November, one of the last to be getting the credit. At a value resort with $460 credit, so compare that with the stated value of the "free" quick service meal per day. If you pay OOP you're likely to be spending less overall because your food & drink requirements thoughout the day don't fall neatly into x number of entrees and x number of snacks per day, and you'll be paying the normal price not the inflated price of the dining plan.
I have $1100 in dining credits and gift cards that come free with my September trip. I think they weren't having as many guests from the UK and Eire when we were able to travel to the US again. Numbers have probably increased because of this offer from last year for 2024 trips. I'm not planning on spending any of my own money in September at WDW.

osian

I have $1100 in dining credits and gift cards that come free with my September trip. I think they weren't having as many guests from the UK and Eire when we were able to travel to the US again. Numbers have probably increased because of this offer from last year for 2024 trips. I'm not planning on spending any of my own money in September at WDW.
Yes. Last year, apart from one stupidly expensive completely unnecessary piece of art that I decided I must have, I didn't spend any of my own money on the holiday generally. Meals, snacks, drinks, festival items, souvenirs, lightning lanes, Genie+...all came out of the credit & gift cards. Much better than Disney dictating what you must use your discount on. It couldn't have been a common thing though, many cast members were confused as to how to ring it up on their tills, they hadn't seen it before, and you had to get them to press the right option otherwise it rejected the scan. And I was told a couple of times that they didn't accept it and they had to bring a supervisor over when I insisted it was legitimate.

Cariad

Original Poster
The Value resorts don't get the full QS plan. The UK offer, for the UK site is "Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner with a FREE Quick-Service meal per night for everyone on your booking!". That's all. Includes a drink, but no snacks, no mug. But you can upgrade to the full QS plan, which includes:

Per guest, for each night of your stay:
  • 2 Quick-Service meals
  • 1 non-alcoholic/alcoholic drink per meal‡
  • 1 selected snack or drink
  • Resort-refillable mug†"
My point is that you get one QS meal credit and one drink credit per day, so 14 of each in total, obviously you can use as many as you like per day until they are gone. However, when you go on the website it says you can upgrade to the full QS plan for an extra £30 a day, for that extra £30 you get a free refillable mug, which is around $25, one meal, which is just the entree, a drink and a snack for each day of your stay. Taking off the cost of the mug which would work out about $2 a day that means you are paying $36 to get a QS entree, drink and snack. If, like me, you are teetotal, how can you justify paying $36 for food and drink that could be $10 less. I won't use my free credits on breakfast when a QS breakfast, even at deluxe resorts is under $15.
I just wonder how many first timers will upgrade not realising it's very bad value.
Yes. Last year, apart from one stupidly expensive completely unnecessary piece of art that I decided I must have, I didn't spend any of my own money on the holiday generally. Meals, snacks, drinks, festival items, souvenirs, lightning lanes, Genie+...all came out of the credit & gift cards. Much better than Disney dictating what you must use your discount on. It couldn't have been a common thing though, many cast members were confused as to how to ring it up on their tills, they hadn't seen it before, and you had to get them to press the right option otherwise it rejected the scan. And I was told a couple of times that they didn't accept it and they had to bring a supervisor over when I insisted it was legitimate.
I was there last September with $700 of Dining credits and a gift card, but you could use the dining credits on anything, but because the merch is so generic I didn't buy much. I don't pin trade anymore. I know what you mean about CMs having problems how to ring them up on the tills, but I was able to help by telling them it was a gift card and had no issues. I felt there were a lot less Brits at WDW last year so the CMs didnt handle this offer very much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom