Disney Dining Plan For 2008

cruellafan

Two questions: Do you think they will let you substitute a desert for the appetizer? Also, if I don't have any add on's to my meal (alcoholic drinks) and my bill is zero, how will I put a tip on my cc? Will they present a bill with zero due and a line to add the tip? Just curious.

I was wondering about the tip with the DDP also. I am sure they will have to have some way for people who want to put it on a credit card or their room card to do so :shrug: At least I hope so.

wannabeBelle

If you are on the DDP plan you are given a bill to show how much you "Would have spent" and the amount is just adjusted to zero. Your tip line will still be there for you to put on a CC or room charge. No worries!! Belle

bigtotoro

I dont know whats wrong with you people are if you just can't read posts properly. I ask for an opinion, KEYWORD PEOPLE OPINION. My post does not ask you to comment other than what you think about that subject nor does my post state I cant afford that. So please give your opinion on the subject, if you feel its for 9 years old well go post somewhere else.

Also for you people who dont know the dining plan was established to attract low revenue and mid revenue families in the parks. If you look at the attendance records you will see a differenece in the years 2006 2007 the attendance went up now from 2008 and on the dining plan will get worst and worst every year with less restaurants participating and ect.. until it is gone so I guess 8.8 billion dollars in revenues was not enough this year.

You people? Very nice. Accusing others of not reading? Also, very nice. I don't what's wrong with YOU but this topic has been discussed ad nauseum on more than one occasion. Try the search feature.

Eyorefan

You people? Very nice. Accusing others of not reading? Also, very nice. I don't what's wrong with YOU but this topic has been discussed ad nauseum on more than one occasion. Try the search feature.

I'm with you on this one. Why are people going around in circles on this again?

walt

Original Poster
I was wondering about the tip with the DDP also. I am sure they will have to have some way for people who want to put it on a credit card or their room card to do so :shrug: At least I hope so.

the 18% will be added on the bill you will have to pay that balance of tyhe bill

wannabeBelle

Hey there Walt, The DDP does not have a mandatory tip of 18% so it will NOT be added to your bill. The amount of the tip is determined by the guest. Belle

wannabeBelle

what about aubing the desert for the appetizer? :shrug:

I have heard rumours that this will be offered in some restaurants at the restaurant's discretion, however that is not the make up of the plan. If you are allowed to do it, wonderful. If not, that is the structure of the plan as it is today. The official answer you would get if you asked Disney (I did) is that only the dessert is included, not the appetizer. Belle

Katybug

In my opionion I think 18% gratuity is a good thing. I work a second job as a waitress in a very nice resteraunt :brick: I can give the BEST service and customers won't leave a single penny. That's just plain rude:(People don't know how to tip anymore. They don't understand that waiters/waitresses only make about 2 bucks an hour,:cry: and a lot of people try to make a living off of it!! It's really hard that I work a second job and still can't make it. I do think some waiters/waitresses can take advantage of the 18% gratuity and not spend as much time and give enough attention to the customer and in that case it should go to management. I think most resteraunts will eventually start using this same procedure just because people wont leave tips after good service and it's because they are cheap....Sorry if I'm being too blunt but since I started working in the business it just kills me to see how people tip these days.:veryconfu

lilclerk

the 18% will be added on the bill you will have to pay that balance of tyhe bill

Hmm, did you read the thread (and the several other threads on this subject?)

The "mandatory" 18% gratuity will be added to guests using the Disney Dining Experience card (NOT the Disney Dining Plan,) and parties of 6 people or more. If you don't think your server earned that 18%, you can speak to management and you can change the amount.

Also, probably the only way I will use the DDP again is if you're allowed to substitute an appetizer for the dessert. I never eat dessert (except when I was on the DDP.) The appeal of the DDP was that EVERYTHING was all paid for, and that's just not there anymore. We always added a few extra bucks for a tip (to be honest, we had stellar service at every meal in February,) so it's not a huge deal, but it really is a huge step down in terms of value. I'd probably just book a couple TS restaurants per trip now, rather than one every night. A sit down meal can be a huge time waster.

walt

Original Poster
Hmm, did you read the thread (and the several other threads on this subject?)

The "mandatory" 18% gratuity will be added to guests using the Disney Dining Experience card (NOT the Disney Dining Plan,) and parties of 6 people or more. If you don't think your server earned that 18%, you can speak to management and you can change the amount.

Also, probably the only way I will use the DDP again is if you're allowed to substitute an appetizer for the dessert. I never eat dessert (except when I was on the DDP.) The appeal of the DDP was that EVERYTHING was all paid for, and that's just not there anymore. We always added a few extra bucks for a tip (to be honest, we had stellar service at every meal in February,) so it's not a huge deal, but it really is a huge step down in terms of value. I'd probably just book a couple TS restaurants per trip now, rather than one every night. A sit down meal can be a huge time waster.

Weird my vacation agent told me it was going to be billed even with the dining plan I guess her and disney dont know what they talk about

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Weird my vacation agent told me it was going to be billed even with the dining plan I guess her and disney dont know what they talk about
Disney Dining Experience sent a note that confused a number of people and started a massive buzz...

They quickly sent the following clarification:

Many of you have expressed concern about the 18% gratuity that will be added to all Disney Dining Experience transactions. When using your Disney Dining Experience membership card the assessed gratuity will be added to all table service restaurant locations and lounges for all transactions regardless of party size. Gratuity will not be added to any counter service, food cart or quick service locations. In the past, gratuity was only implemented for larger parties of 8 or more for guests utilizing their Disney Dining Experience membership.
This adjustment to the program has been implemented in order to align the Disney Dining Experience Program with other dining experiences where gratuities are included. Effective January 1, 2008, when utilizing your Disney Dining Experience discount 18% gratuity will be added.
If you have any further questions or concerns we would ask that you send an e-mail to our Executive Offices at wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com.

Your TA appears not to have heard about the clarification...

wannabeBelle

I feel your pain, Walt. When this policy first was announced I called and spoke to Disney and they told me it was for everyone, DDE, DDP, regular out of pocket, everyone. I called back and spoke to a number of people who either didnt know about it or thought it was just for DDE. We finally managed to get confirmation later on that is was really only for the DDE people. Hope this clears things up for you! Belle

lighteningqueen

I just wrote and voiced my concerns. Even though I have not been there yet and do not know what the service is like nor the food, I do think you should be given a choice on either Dessert or Appertizer. Not both. No wonder there are so many pooh size people. But I also suggested that they at least consider the choice and also said that they should have a meeting with the wait staff. That if they do not do their jobs that their tips will greatly be affected so they must give good service to recieve good tips. Not sure if it will help but if most people would write and voice these concerns I am sure that it will make sense to them in the long run.

jenjen1127

I know no one has posted to this thread for a few days but I just thought I would cut and paste an email I got this morning from Disney Communications responding to my email a couple of weeks ago asking for clarification. This email from Disney makes it very clear that Disney Dining Packages do not have the 18% gratuity added unless there is a party of 6 or more. Here is the quoted email:

"We appreciate your inquiry regarding the changes to the Disney Dining
Experience Program. For Guests who are utilizing a Disney Dining
Experience membership card, the assessed gratuity of 18% will be added
to all Walt Disney World table service restaurant and lounge experiences
for all transactions regardless of party size. This policy change only
applies to members of the Disney Dining Experience Membership Program.

As is our current practice, the gratuity will be assessed on the full
bill, and then the 20% will be discounted. Therefore, the typical
gratuity is predetermined and an additional gratuity is at the
discretion of the Guest.

Guests who purchase Magic Your Way Dining Packages will be able to use their discretion of the amount to tip for service. However, gratuities
are included in specific dining experiences such as certain character
dining and dinner shows available to Guests in their dining packages
(including Cinderella's Royal Table, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner
Show, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Mickey's Backyard BBQ) and certain
special areas (Pizza Delivery, Private Dining, Princess Tea, Golf
Carts).

The gratuity of 18% will be automatically added to the Guest check of
parties of six or more (all Guests, including those on dining packages),
Disney Dining Experience, and vouchers. The gratuity will be based on
the retail price of the meal. Gratuities will no longer be included
with the dining plans except at prepaid venues.

We hope this information is helpful. We look forward to future
opportunities to entertain you."

Hope if there is anyone out there still unsure, this should clear it up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom