Disney Dining Packages will become reloadable Aug 19th

Princess_L

That's neat that we can reload our meal plan. It's more expensive then I thought it would be. We are heading down in oct, may have to use option when we go

DisneyJunkie

This really doesn't make any sense. Define "reloadable". As I understand it, for the basic plan you get your 1 quick service, 1 table service, and 1 snack.......per person per day. Or you can use up the entire stay's worth in any order you like. So what exactly is 'reloadable' about it?

Shannon_Yensid

This really doesn't make any sense. Define "reloadable". As I understand it, for the basic plan you get your 1 quick service, 1 table service, and 1 snack.......per person per day. Or you can use up the entire stay's worth in any order you like. So what exactly is 'reloadable' about it?

lets say there are two of you for 3 nights on the regular plan... thats 6 quick service, 6 table and 6 snacks for you to use during your stay and when you run out, you run out. this new option allows you to buy more when you start to run out, or 'reload' your dining plan.

Pioneer Hall

so, I can actually confirm the reloadable dining plan. I must admit that I thought it was nuts but at work yesterday I saw the news on an info board and figured I'd share the details. First off, I do work at the Polynesian and I'm pulling this right from our information board. The dining plan additions can be added at the front desk after guests have used at least one 'set' of dining entitlements. (for example, on the quick service dining plan, two snacks and two quick service meals must be used before adding on). Dining entitlements will still expire at 11:59pm on the day of check out. Entitlements must be added as a complete set. This will option will be available beginning August 19th. The prices are higher than I expected....
quick service plan of 2 quick service meals and 2 snacks is $39.99 per adult and $19.99 per child. The table service plan for 1 table service, 1 quick service and 1 snack is $61.99 per adult and $20.99 per child. The deluxe dining plan of 3 meals and 2 snacks is $126.99 per adult and $33.99 per child.
All of this information was collect off of an information board for front desk/concierge cast members and, for whatever reason, has not yet been posted to our cast Hub or sent out in emails but this is what I have and thought you all would like to know.
mahalo :)
oh! and as for as add ons for free dining... there isn't anything in the info to suggestion that people who got the free dining plan cannot pay for more credits as well.
:wave:

That is a bit more than I was expecting to hear, and sure doesn't make it seem like a worthwhile price at all. I figured that the cost would be equivalent to the regular daily cost of the meal plan. With those prices it seems logical to just pay for anything extra out of pocket because a standard meal plan day wouldn't be worth 62 dollars.

PS...I'll be staying at the polynesian next week.

dreamfinder

The prices are higher than I expected....
quick service plan of 2 quick service meals and 2 snacks is $39.99 per adult and $19.99 per child. The table service plan for 1 table service, 1 quick service and 1 snack is $61.99 per adult and $20.99 per child. The deluxe dining plan of 3 meals and 2 snacks is $126.99 per adult and $33.99 per child.

Those prices are very much higher. Isn't the QS plan only $32 and the DP only $42 on a regular day? An extra $8 for QS and $20 (YIKES!) for DP doesn't seem worth it. I think most people would be hard pressed to get their value for the DP at that cost. And it's not enough to match the cost for the DDP at $72 a day. If those costs above were for the DP and the DDP, then I can see that making sense. Saving $3 per TS meal on the upgrade would work for my math, but not that huge jump.

It lets people who want to eat 3 meals a day, or eat meals at signature restaurants do so. I.E. the TS plan has 1 TS, 1 CS, and 1 Snack a day. If I stay 2 days, and eat breakfast, lunch at CS, and then a Dinner at Jikos the first, I have used 2 TS and 2 CS credits. I would then have no more meal credits left for the second day. So I could reload it to get credits for the second day.

But at the prices above, I can't see anyone really going for a reload. I can't see spending more than $40 on a TS and $20 on a CS, and both of those are really pushing it, maybe 1 combo of food would yield those prices.

mousefan1972

Thanks for posting. I agree with PP's that the prices are much higher than I expected. We'll just pay OOP for any additional meals; that would be much less than paying for an additional set of meals through this program.

durangojim

lets say there are two of you for 3 nights on the regular plan... thats 6 quick service, 6 table and 6 snacks for you to use during your stay and when you run out, you run out. this new option allows you to buy more when you start to run out, or 'reload' your dining plan.

At that price, is it reloading for the whole trip or just one day? If it's just a day, it really doesn't seem like any kind of savings.

SewIn2Disney

It would have been nice for our last trip---we went for 5 days and 4 nights, so technically we got 4 sets of credits, yet, since we got there early on our first day and left late on our last day, we could have used the 5 sets of credits, and ended up having to pay out of pocket on the last day.
BUT---at those prices---it was cheaper to pay out of pocket.
Or, are those prices because the dining plan goes up in price for the summer?

Pioneer Hall

It would have been nice for our last trip---we went for 5 days and 4 nights, so technically we got 4 sets of credits, yet, since we got there early on our first day and left late on our last day, we could have used the 5 sets of credits, and ended up having to pay out of pocket on the last day.
BUT---at those prices---it was cheaper to pay out of pocket.
Or, are those prices because the dining plan goes up in price for the summer?

It still doesn't go up nearly that much.

bhg469

I agree with everyone at that price you would be much better off paying out of pocket. I had a small sliver of hope that it would allow you to purchase points seperately but that was known from the beginning that you couldn't.. Thanks for sharing the information though.

Dwarful

Those prices are crazy. Anyone that has any understanding of meals would know it would be better to pay out of pocket...but perhaps WDW is planning on increasing a lot more meals...like Le Cellier to two credits. Summer buffet dinner at Biergarten was like $38.99 per adult in July.

DonaldDoleWhip

Wow. Maybe Disney will try to market this with the convenience factor (over savings), but who would pay for extra credits at those prices when they could just pay for what little extra they need OOP?

dreamfinder

Wow. Maybe Disney will try to market this with the convenience factor (over savings), but who would pay for extra credits at those prices when they could just pay for what little extra they need OOP?

I could believe it IF the plan names were incorrect. So what the PP who confirmed it read was being referred to as QS was really the DP, and the DP was really the DDP, then it would make sense. A typo on their end wouldn't be at all surprising since it didn't seem to be everywhere, just in one location. If that is the case, then it would work out to a discount of a few dollars per set of meals. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney is assuming people won't use all the extra credits.

meganw1985

I could believe it IF the plan names were incorrect. So what the PP who confirmed it read was being referred to as QS was really the DP, and the DP was really the DDP, then it would make sense. A typo on their end wouldn't be at all surprising since it didn't seem to be everywhere, just in one location. If that is the case, then it would work out to a discount of a few dollars per set of meals. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney is assuming people won't use all the extra credits.

That's kind of what I was thinking. It seems to be a pretty rare occurance these days for someone to take a trip to Disney without doing ANY research, what with all the books and websites available. And noone in their right mind would say "oh and extra $20 or more is no big deal, even though it's $20 more than what I paid for the original plan per day" just because it's convenient! So is swiping your debit card...:lookaroun
One of the reasons I use the dining plan is convenience, but I am NOT willing to shell out more than what I'm going to use.

mulderxcoltrane

so, I can actually confirm the reloadable dining plan. I must admit that I thought it was nuts but at work yesterday I saw the news on an info board and figured I'd share the details. First off, I do work at the Polynesian and I'm pulling this right from our information board. The dining plan additions can be added at the front desk after guests have used at least one 'set' of dining entitlements. (for example, on the quick service dining plan, two snacks and two quick service meals must be used before adding on). Dining entitlements will still expire at 11:59pm on the day of check out. Entitlements must be added as a complete set. This will option will be available beginning August 19th. The prices are higher than I expected....
All of this information was collect off of an information board for front desk/concierge cast members and, for whatever reason, has not yet been posted to our cast Hub or sent out in emails but this is what I have and thought you all would like to know.
mahalo :)
oh! and as for as add ons for free dining... there isn't anything in the info to suggestion that people who got the free dining plan cannot pay for more credits as well.
:wave:

Am I correct in understanding this has not started as it was supposed to? I'm also guessing if I called the Poly front desk with this information - they'd have no idea what I was talking about. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom