Disney Dining Packages will become reloadable Aug 19th

New2WDW

Not to sure about where this is headed for the future of meals at WDW especially the DP, but we will jsut have to see.

Tom

Beta Return
As usual, I'm not on the "Disney ONLY does things that benefit their bottom line and NEVER EVER anything positive for the guest" bandwagon.

I honestly believe that this move is probably in response to guest surveys. We're often in the situation where we get the DDP, but end up doing one signature TS or a breakfast and dinner in the same day - thus knocking us down one "dinner" credit. Also, since we fly out late on departure day, we often need to eat one more meal before we leave - which is usually a QS meal we pay for out of pocket.

If we could buy an add-on day once we're there, we'd be able to replace the missing dinner, have a pre-paid QS meal on the last day, and one more snack. I'm all for this, and we may actually take advantage of it when we go in Feb.

I'm also guessing that it will be a straight-up 1-day add-on to whatever plan you have, and will be at the same rate you paid originally. That would make the most sense.

I sincerely doubt they'd offer individual meal credit options, because it would be extremely hard for them to come up with a "value" per meal/snack. The math would never work, because something would appear to be overpriced while other components appeared to be underpriced. You might as well just pay for the additional snack or meal you want out of pocket, because the purpose of the DDP is that you "save" money buy buying pre-packaged meal combinations.

In the future, I wouldn't mind seeing the DDP go the way of the rest of the MYW theme. Just like with your tickets, you could choose how many "days of dining" you wanted when you booked - similar to the Disneyland dining plans.

disneydata

Original Poster
No official word yet (so no prices), but it is spreading like wildfire through the resorts now. Just to answer a few questions here:

-This will NOT be available to the free dining plan offer.
-The addon will be whatever one day's worth of credits would be for that plan (no patrial credits).
-It can be done multiple times, but you have to have AT LEAST that set of credits already used to purchase the new set.
-Yes, it's probably from surveys especially since another popular Orlando resort offers a great day by day dining plan that you an purhase day of.
-More restaurants are probably not going Signature anytime soon. Le Cellier has been a long time coming because of the popularity and price of the offerings.

FYI any of this can change since it has not been announced yet.

bhg469

This really makes no sense, especially because most of the plan was free from Sep - Dec. I would think Disney would love our cash to add?

I'll guess we will see.
I agree. We chose the room discount because it worked for us but if we got free dining I would hope Disney would welcome more money.

disneydata

Original Poster
This really makes no sense, especially because most of the plan was free from Sep - Dec. I would think Disney would love our cash to add?

I'll guess we will see.
It could just be volume - the number of people on dining plans skyrockets during free dining. It just could be a test to see how it goes over without involving everyone on a dining plan. Not sure.

The free dining plan is also just the basic plan. There are many people who want the deluxe and other higher plans and don't go with the basic one.

Uncle Lupe

I like the ability to add extra meals to a plan after you have arrived. I live with a diabetic, some days are good other are bad and unplanned meals/snacks are needed. I could see using more credits then planned on a bad day, so being able to add to a plan is a great idea.

Computer Magic

It could just be volume - the number of people on dining plans skyrockets during free dining. It just could be a test to see how it goes over without involving everyone on a dining plan. Not sure.

The free dining plan is also just the basic plan. There are many people who want the deluxe and other higher plans and don't go with the basic one.
Seems more people might upgrade to signature. Those places are never booked solid. I have never had a problem there.

Tink313

Is this going on right now or in the future

We head out there next week (on free dining) and made extra TS meals planing to pay out of pocket but I would love to and another day of dining :eek:

Tom

Beta Return
Is this going on right now or in the future

We head out there next week (on free dining) and made extra TS meals planing to pay out of pocket but I would love to and another day of dining :eek:

OP said it will supposedly start on August 19. That's definitely an odd day (the 19th and a Thursday) to start a new promo/feature, so I guess we'll see.

Tink313

Oh okay. I got confused for a sec. because there was a post saying there was talk going on at the resorts :eek: so I thought it might had started already.

I cant wait to find out :)

Tom

Beta Return
Oh okay. I got confused for a sec. because there was a post saying there was talk going on at the resorts :eek: so I thought it might had started already.

I cant wait to find out :)

Yeah, I didn't get that either. Perhaps the OP works at a WDW resort, and that's how they know about it.

Shannon_Yensid

so, I can actually confirm the reloadable dining plan. I must admit that I thought it was nuts but at work yesterday I saw the news on an info board and figured I'd share the details. First off, I do work at the Polynesian and I'm pulling this right from our information board. The dining plan additions can be added at the front desk after guests have used at least one 'set' of dining entitlements. (for example, on the quick service dining plan, two snacks and two quick service meals must be used before adding on). Dining entitlements will still expire at 11:59pm on the day of check out. Entitlements must be added as a complete set. This will option will be available beginning August 19th. The prices are higher than I expected....
quick service plan of 2 quick service meals and 2 snacks is $39.99 per adult and $19.99 per child. The table service plan for 1 table service, 1 quick service and 1 snack is $61.99 per adult and $20.99 per child. The deluxe dining plan of 3 meals and 2 snacks is $126.99 per adult and $33.99 per child.
All of this information was collect off of an information board for front desk/concierge cast members and, for whatever reason, has not yet been posted to our cast Hub or sent out in emails but this is what I have and thought you all would like to know.
mahalo :)
oh! and as for as add ons for free dining... there isn't anything in the info to suggestion that people who got the free dining plan cannot pay for more credits as well.
:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom