Disney Destiny

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney Cruise Line has announced the sister ship to the Disney Wish and Disney Treasure will be named Disney Destiny.

The design theme is based around “Heroes and Villains" and the ship is scheduled for delivery in 2025.

Disney-Destiny-Exterior-2.jpg
Disney-Destiny-Exterior.jpg

Disney-Destiny-Bow-Filigree.jpg

See below for more details.

Last edited:

Gusey

Loving the Heroes and Villains theme. Themes hinted at include Lion King, 101 Dalmatians, Hercules, Incredibles, Pirates of the Caribbean, Spiderman, Black Panther and one more on the last door that I can't make out

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
This one really excites me and I love the name, too. Looking forward to learning more about this ship and maybe saving for an inaugural cruise, depending on when it is

cjkeating

After going on the Wish unless there is a significant change (unlikely I know) to these next two Triton ships I have no interest in sailing on them.

I think I'll be sailing on the Magic-Fantasy whilst they exist and then unless the next class of ships goes back to the DCL roots I'm done.

CaptainAmerica

Meh, whatever. With the Magic moving into what looks like semi-retirement status running 25 double dips out of Ft. Lauderdale in 2025, she'll be my choice until she's retired and then I'll begrudgingly have to move up to the Dream and Fantasy.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Meh, whatever. With the Magic moving into what looks like semi-retirement status running 25 double dips out of Ft. Lauderdale in 2025, she'll be my choice until she's retired and then I'll begrudgingly have to move up to the Dream and Fantasy.
Personally, we think the Dream is the pinnacle for DCL. We’ll be on the Magic for the first time later this year, and I’m excited to finally sail on it (the walkthroughs I’ve seen make it look great, and it’s been since 2002 since we did the Wonder) but after that I don’t see another Disney cruise on our agenda. Other cruise lines are wanting our business more than DCL.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I am always excited when a new ship comes out, no matter what cruise line it is. I have to admit that I was not overly impressed with the layout of the Wish but I was excited for it. I love the theming and get a kick out of the Disney ships but I have to admit, I do love the Dream with it being my favorite. I will most likely cruise the new ones just to check them out.

Pam

ChuckElias

This doesn’t interest me in the slightest.
This is a honest question, so please don't think I'm trying to be snarky or Disney-er-than-thou. I'm really not.

What was in the video that makes you say you have no interest? The only real info in the video is that it's a hero/villian theme. Is that in itself enough to make you uninterested in the whole experience? There's a hero/villain theme in nearly EVERY Disney project. So why would it make you uninterested in this particular venue? Or was there something else that I missed that turned you off? Just curious

invader

I still will never understand the decisions to not have a wrap around walking deck and to enclose the AquaMouse on the Triton Class.

I do really like this theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom