Disney Destiny

SplashJacket

I will say, I am genuinely shocked this ship’s delivery is in 2025. I’d wager it’s targeting a January or February maiden in 2026, but regardless. It’s coming faster than I expected

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Personally, we think the Dream is the pinnacle for DCL. We’ll be on the Magic for the first time later this year, and I’m excited to finally sail on it (the walkthroughs I’ve seen make it look great, and it’s been since 2002 since we did the Wonder) but after that I don’t see another Disney cruise on our agenda. Other cruise lines are wanting our business more than DCL.

I think the upgraded magic is the best they have
Forgive my ignorance about DCL but what is the issue with the Wish?
It’s a bad design…and since all the other lines are in an arms race pulling out new stops at breakneck pace for half the price - it’s a bad look.

The right move would have been to do a redesign for ships 2 and 3 and then discreetly pull wish in a few years to retrofit it.

And it happens. The Norwegian viva is atrocious…so they stopped the bleeding and did a major redesign on ships 3 and 4 of the class.

But bobs never make mistakes

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Just Curious.... Why does running double dips seem like semi-retirement to you?

Also Just curious. Have you been on the fantasy? I find it superior to the Dream.
Yes. There are a few subtle differences with the Fantasy (the lack of a hot tub outside the adults-only and concierge areas, for example) that put the Dream slightly ahead of it, in our opinion. The Magic is the only ship we haven't sailed on, and that is happening later this year. After that, I'm eyeing up the Norwegian Encore for a 7-night cruise in 2025.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes. There are a few subtle differences with the Fantasy (the lack of a hot tub outside the adults-only and concierge areas, for example) that put the Dream slightly ahead of it, in our opinion. The Magic is the only ship we haven't sailed on, and that is happening later this year. After that, I'm eyeing up the Norwegian Encore for a 7-night cruise in 2025.
Ovation of the seas out of seattle in August …my favorite class

Considering icon next year

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Do those hot tubs on the Dream ever NOT have 34 obnoxious teens and tweens climbing all over each other in them?
It has happened from time to time, believe it or not. I can say that because at least one or two times we were able to be in one without dozens of teens, tweens, and other children jumping in and out. Maybe we just experienced a rare cosmic alignment, who knows.

pigglewiggle

We were seriously debating doing a Disney cruise, but the ship designs seem to have such an inward focus. I realize that there is the top outdoor decks, but everything else seems so closed off. A lot of the new ships in other lines have floor to ceiling windows throughout, a lot of the dining has indoor and outdoor seating, a lot of outdoor spaces besides the pool area and you just are constantly reminded you are on an ocean.

I appreciate the aesthetic Disney gives it's ships and I realize the inward focus is probably preferable to a lot of people, but we decided against Disney cruise line.

That said, the hero/villian theme seems pretty fun.

BrianLo

Hey Bob is this part of the 60 billion you said Disney was investing.

Yes, of course. Always has been. Why is this posed so nefariously?

DCL will spend roughly 12Billion the next decade. There’s three ships, the private island. But likely because there’s another class releasing prior to 2034 we don’t fully know about. As there should be, they won’t be sailing their original class for 50 years.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
It has happened from time to time, believe it or not. I can say that because at least one or two times we were able to be in one without dozens of teens, tweens, and other children jumping in and out. Maybe we just experienced a rare cosmic alignment, who knows.
8baab113-32b0-4496-b7ad-ccfc6f20ac45_text.gif

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
We were seriously debating doing a Disney cruise, but the ship designs seem to have such an inward focus. I realize that there is the top outdoor decks, but everything else seems so closed off. A lot of the new ships in other lines have floor to ceiling windows throughout, a lot of the dining has indoor and outdoor seating, a lot of outdoor spaces besides the pool area and you just are constantly reminded you are on an ocean.

I appreciate the aesthetic Disney gives it's ships and I realize the inward focus is probably preferable to a lot of people, but we decided against Disney cruise line.

That said, the hero/villian theme seems pretty fun.
You are describing a major complaint regarding the Oasis class of ships for RCL. Hence some of the changes with Icon.

Disone

Encore is a great ship. You will enjoy.

For me Fantasy edges out Dream mostly due to:
*Best night night district in the fleet
*Big splash desk where Dream has a mostly closed out bar
*Fantasy has a slightly nicer version of satellite falls

I hope you enjoy the Magic. Many don't like it because it's "small". But I think the magics, and the wonders, rotational dining beats the dreams and the fantasies. And I like that the magic has a thrill slide and that adults can also go on the family water slide, which has been much much longer than what's on the dream and fantasy. It's a great "small" ship.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I haven't been on those. I was thinking of the Celebrity Edge Class and the new Norwegian ships as examples of more outside focused ships.
The Celebrity Edge class ships are my favorite! Gorgeous ships, great food, etc. We usually try to get a sky suite so you have the Retreat added and its definitely a plus for my husband and I.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom