Disney depression

Britt

@Pooh'sBuddy I also looked at that cruise out of Galveston. The kids don't go back to school until the 7th or the 8th, so I was contemplating that post New Year's sailing, but man...even at the lower rates the prices are still more than I want to part with for a non-park Disney fix.

@Britt you are sooooooo lucky that you can get to Grand Teton and Yellowstone so easily (and cheaply). Jealous! :D We spent about a week and a half between the two parks back in 2005 and it was just one of those mind blowing experiences. I'd like to go back with the kids, but we'd have to fly or have one very long and tough road trip. Also thinking I'm going to wait until I can trust the kids not to do anything stupid ...like near a thermal feature, bison, or near the entire canyon area.:rolleyes:

@figmentfan423 Jersey Girls rule :happy:

To OP- if I know I'm going back - even if it's a year or 2 wait, I can watch video, look at pics, post on here, and be involved in other Disney things to pass the time...but if I really have no clue when I'll be returning, being exposed to all of that is even more depressing. So, if I don't think we're returning any time soon- I play "out of sight - out of mind" as best as possible.
It was about a 9-12 hour trip! Our first road trip! The kids did GREAT! We might try a road trip to FL if we can plan for 3 days of driving each way! (31 hours each way)

HouCuseChickie

It was about a 9-12 hour trip! Our first road trip! The kids did GREAT! We might try a road trip to FL if we can plan for 3 days of driving each way! (31 hours each way)

We'd be in the same boat if we headed to Wyoming. Everything says it's around 32-33 hrs of driving from our area to Grand Teton & Yellowstone NPs.

Tigger#1

I know the feeling we didn't get to go this year and next year isn't looking good either. Disney depression has set in pretty bad and I haven't found anything to help it. The fact that Disney is my only happy place doesn't help the situation.

Victor Kelly

I am down to once every five years. It is not so bad on the years 1-3 but 4-5 is a pain. The difference in going every year, is that by holding off a few years you get to see new stuff and not get tired or bored like others who go constantly.

Magic addict

Original Poster
Well we just bought a Kia! So we get to go on the majesty of the seas (royal cruise lines) from dec 9-14!! Not disney, but it's a vacation :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom