Disney depression

GrimGrinningGhost15

How I got through the past almost almost 2 years with out Disney: Watched lots of Disney movies, became slightly obsessed with watching finding nemo (not sure why), I always (before I even had our next trip booked) have a piggy bank that says Disney World or bust I put my pennies in there and think one day I am going to buy a mickey shaped rice krispy treat with that change, well now its up to about 50 bucks and I think I'll get a new disney hoodie with it when we go! I always listen to the disney pandora radio station, on netflix there are some disney parks videos, and youtube videos as well. Fiance and I also like to look at all the WDW food blogs and talk about what we are going to eat seeing as in the real world we are always "dieting" day dreaming about all the snacks is fun!

Figgy1

Premium Member
I get this! I just love America, so i get it with not going to America. Thought we weren't going this year but we booked something and then flew out the week after! :) I have it now though. It's honestly the only place i feel happy. Wish i could live there. Everyone is so much more polite.
Guess ya never been to Joisy?:D

BiffyClyro

Guess ya never been to Joisy?:D
Haha no. I've been to Bishop though. One place in America that i didn't like. Feared for my life. Went into a bar, there was a KKK sticker in the bathroom, went back to hotel and didn't come out from fear even though i'm mixed race and look white. :D

....Sorry, totally off track to disney here.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Haha no. I've been to Bishop though. One place in America that i didn't like. Feared for my life. Went into a bar, there was a KKK sticker in the bathroom, went back to hotel and didn't come out from fear even though i'm mixed race and look white. :D

....Sorry, totally off track to disney here.
So sorry about that. Only kidding about the Jersey thing most of us are pretty nice.

jw24

I usually go on vacation right about now and I'm seriously depressed that I'm not going to disney this year. My obsession is rearing its head more than usual. How does everybody else cope with disney withdrawal/depression?

The way I cope, aside from the usual listening to Disney park music, watch Disney park vids on YouTube, plan and/or save for your next trip or glance your own pics, I come here. In real life or on Facebook, it's just not possible for me living in a world where the people I know in real life would never understand my thoughts and feelings about my love for WDW. I find no point in trying to justify it in any way, shape or form so I've kept quiet and secret from the people I interact with in real life and probably will for the rest of my life. So I joined here looking for some sanctuary where I can just express my appreciation without feeling ridiculed or criticized and I've been logging on pretty much every day ever since and it has helped...a lot! It's so much better to communicate with actual fans who know and understand what you're going through as opposed to talking to someone who absolutely does not understand your feelings, at all. Honestly, I have no idea where I'd be now if I never found this place to begin with.

Spikerdink

I usually go on vacation right about now and I'm seriously depressed that I'm not going to disney this year. My obsession is rearing its head more than usual. How does everybody else cope with disney withdrawal/depression?

I can totally sympathize. I used to go to WDW twice a year - once in Feb and once in August before the start of school...then all get out happened and I find myself unemployed and scraping by. So in the past four years I have gone twice rather than my accustomed eight times.... The first time I had to give up a trip my heart ached the entire time I was supposed to be at Disney. It was one of the hardest aspects I faced after what transpired....

SInce I have DVC, it made it a bit easier to think about going. I did rent my points out a few times so I could have some money in my pocket, but twice rented them so I could go to Disney.

But one thing I had in place, and now has even more meaning, is a Disney cookie jar I have had since I was 15. In the jar, I throw every quarter, dime and nickle I am given in change. At the end of the day, whatever is in my pocket goes in the jar. Pennies go in a different jar. [When I was working full time I used to throw in singles and fives....ah, the good old days!] That money is my Disney money that goes towards my vacation. If I have cans/bottles to take back for the deposit, that money goes in the jar. [I usually get at least $10 when I redeem them...] When the jar is full, I know I have about $800 for a vacation, so it keeps me happy watching the jar fill and knowing I am that much closer to going for a full trip....

I also started planning out my ultimate trip - what did I want to do, what did I want to see, where did I want to stay, where did I want to dine? Those things kept my mind in Disney and gave me something to hope for.

And, I can still visit Disney in my mind any time I want. Just about a year ago, I had a court case related to my former job. I had wished for my moment of redemption, and the moment was at hand.... the night before I we went to trial, I was too nervous to sleep. So I 'went to Disney'. I walked my self through security, the turnstiles, down Main Street, past the castle, into Liberty Square, by Splash and all around the park until my nerves dissapated and I drifted off to sleep. It was wonderful visiting in my mind - I could still hear the music, the sounds, and it kept me that much closer....

diznyboyz

Simples..Just start saving and planning for the next trip..We are of in 31 days for 12 nights in Andalusia ( Southern Spain ) The vacation for the 3 of us is 1/5 of a WDW trip...But I've packed my Disney T-Shirts..Disney socks..Disney lounge pants ( inside use ) and my Disney swim shorts..So although I'am not off to WDW this year,it's coming with me...:joyfull:...
I like the way you think, MadHatter.:hilarious: Just went to disney this past May and waiting for next May already!!:depressed:

HouCuseChickie

@Pooh'sBuddy I also looked at that cruise out of Galveston. The kids don't go back to school until the 7th or the 8th, so I was contemplating that post New Year's sailing, but man...even at the lower rates the prices are still more than I want to part with for a non-park Disney fix.

@Britt you are sooooooo lucky that you can get to Grand Teton and Yellowstone so easily (and cheaply). Jealous! :D We spent about a week and a half between the two parks back in 2005 and it was just one of those mind blowing experiences. I'd like to go back with the kids, but we'd have to fly or have one very long and tough road trip. Also thinking I'm going to wait until I can trust the kids not to do anything stupid ...like near a thermal feature, bison, or near the entire canyon area.:rolleyes:

@figmentfan423 Jersey Girls rule :happy:

To OP- if I know I'm going back - even if it's a year or 2 wait, I can watch video, look at pics, post on here, and be involved in other Disney things to pass the time...but if I really have no clue when I'll be returning, being exposed to all of that is even more depressing. So, if I don't think we're returning any time soon- I play "out of sight - out of mind" as best as possible.

Since1976

Planning your next trip helps a lot. I start with picking park days, and then choosing restaurants (I preview the dining choices using the many helpful YouTube videos). Lastly, I get a rough idea of what attractions we'll do (also with the help of YouTube).

By the time I get done (usually takes a few days), I'm pretty Disneyed out, but if there's still more than 180 days until our next trip, I'll go back over the restaurant choices and pick alternatives. *Then* I'll show the plan to my wife, who'll usually have big ideas of her own, and I'll (happily) go back to the drawing board.

As you can see, it is very easy to keep the Disney obsessive in me occupied. ;-) It's not unusual for me to have 10 or more park plans spreadsheeted out months ahead of time. Do we end up following any of them to the letter? Of course not. But I always have fun dreaming.

Pooh'sBuddy

@Pooh'sBuddy I also looked at that cruise out of Galveston. The kids don't go back to school until the 7th or the 8th, so I was contemplating that post New Year's sailing, but man...even at the lower rates the prices are still more than I want to part with for a non-park Disney fix.

I surely hope DCL comes back to Galveston or, better yet, comes to Houston in or after 2015. That's my only hope, I think.

My justification is no plane fare and little to no added expenses.

HouCuseChickie

I surely hope DCL comes back to Galveston or, better yet, comes to Houston in or after 2015. That's my only hope, I think.

My justification is no plane fare and little to no added expenses.

It definitely seemed like the sailings were popular from here. And for all of the $ invested in the Houston port, it would be nice to see more cruise companies. Time will tell...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom