Disney depression

Cmdr_Crimson

Watch disney attraction videos, Play games that reflect Disney. Since I'm not going until next year I'm building up the anticipation so I'm going back to The Museum of Science & Industry as the Museum is getting the Treasures of The Walt Disney Archives exhibition and the week before I go back Disney on Ice is coming back to Chicago..

Britt

That was us this year! We just could NOT justify the expense and instead spent the year paying off all our debts! We're officially completely debt free (except our car which will be done in 2 months)!!

Instead, we went camping! Drive to the Grand Tetons and camped at Colter Bay! Visited Yellowstone! The whole trip, gas included, cost less than $600!! That got me over my WDW depression quick!

Now we don't think we plan on visiting WDW for another 5 years! We want to go back to the Grand Tetons, back to Yellowstone. We absolutely loved it!

Magic addict

Original Poster
That was us this year! We just could NOT justify the expense and instead spent the year paying off all our debts! We're officially completely debt free (except our car which will be done in 2 months)!!

Instead, we went camping! Drive to the Grand Tetons and camped at Colter Bay! Visited Yellowstone! The whole trip, gas included, cost less than $600!! That got me over my WDW depression quick!

Now we don't think we plan on visiting WDW for another 5 years! We want to go back to the Grand Tetons, back to Yellowstone. We absolutely loved it!

I'm glad u found a distraction, but I went camping at Letchworth this year and it did nothing to curb the craving lol

Allym146

@Magic addict Letchworth is pretty, but I agree, not enough of a distraction from disney! H and I are thinking about tent camping at Allegheny this spring! I'm a little afraid of bears:eek:.

Soarin2u

Read Walt Disney quotes.

Do what makes you happy, if Disney is it, absorb all you can get away from Disney.

Listen to Soarin or soundtracks that really pull you back at Disney.

Watch ride throughs and Popsong's resort tours.

Have fun and break out into Disney songs at random moments.

Sometimes.... "I WILL MAKE A MAN OUT OF YOOUU♪."

Buy a Dilly Bar and imagine as if its a Mickey.

Smile.
:)

SMS55

I can't watch old videos or anything like that because I get depressed like after being dumped. I have a lot going in my life so that helps me distract myself. With running my business, the kids, helping them with their homework, coaching it helps to not think about it.

Pooh'sBuddy

Buy a Dilly Bar and imagine as if its a Mickey.
:)

I will have to do that this weekend.

^^^^^^^ Yes!!!!!!!! That's it! My depression has set in and I just went in June. I know I won't get back for 2 or3 years but the plotting and planning has already begun!

Can we cry on each other's shoulders?!

That's so cool, Britt!

I'm trying to not think about it too much, or should I say, I'm only letting myself think "how neat it would be to plan a new trip." With that said, I've had the Birnbaum's 2012 Disneyland Guide checked out from the library, and I'm SOOOOOO trying to think of any way we can pay for a Disney cruise in December before the Wonder leaves Galveston (I don't think that's happening - not for in the neighborhood of $6,000.).

real mad hatter

Simples..Just start saving and planning for the next trip..We are of in 31 days for 12 nights in Andalusia ( Southern Spain ) The vacation for the 3 of us is 1/5 of a WDW trip...But I've packed my Disney T-Shirts..Disney socks..Disney lounge pants ( inside use ) and my Disney swim shorts..So although I'am not off to WDW this year,it's coming with me...:joyfull:...

Gojira ゴジラ

Congratulation :) That super tough decision I know too well, but isn't it a great feeling to know that you are debt-free? As much as I'm a hardcore Disney fans, that feeling surpasses anything Disney can offer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom