Disney Deluxe Dining Plan

spb825

Original Poster
My wife and I are going to Disney in October for our ten-year anniversary and we have the above dining plan. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make our dining choices? We definitely want to make a reservation at the California Grill. Thanks in advance for any advice.

baz212

We're going in May and using the Deluxe Dining Plan. We made 2 reservations for most days, A sit down breakfast or lunch and a 2-credit dinner. We are Doing Jiko, Artist Point, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Mickey's Backyard BBQ and the Mother's Day Brunch as our 2 credit meals. California Grill is also two credits, Hoop de do revue and Spirit od Aloha dinner shows are 2 credits. Cinderella's Royaltable and Brown Derby are also 2 credits. I'm probably missing some at Grand Floridian that are 2 credits too. We figured based on what we would normally order, for 3 adults and 1 child, we are going to save about $500. It's also nice to have everything tip and adult drinks paid for before we go down.

GoofyMom2

Here is some info from www.allearsnet.com on the Deluxe Dining Plan. I suggest looking at all of their info as they list all the restaurants and how many credits each uses, plus reviews:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What Does the Deluxe Dining Plan Include?[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]With the Deluxe dining plan, you can choose to eat at more than 100 participating Disney restaurants. The dining plan will allow each person to get:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-- Three meals, for each night of your package stay, either table-service or quick-service:[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For adult table service, this includes 1 appetizer, 1 entree and 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only), 1 juice (breakfast only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or 1 full buffet.

For child table-service this includes 1 appetizer, 1 entree, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or 1 full buffet.

For quick service this includes 1 entree or 1 complete Combo Meal, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only) or 1 juice (breakfast only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NOTE: Children ages 3-9 are limited to the Children's Menu (if one is available).[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-- Two snacks, for each night of your package stay, which include the following: frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle, fruit bar, popcorn scoop (single serving box), single serving grab bag of chips, single piece of whole fruit, 20-oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani water, medium fountain soft drink or juice, 12-oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These credits activate as soon as you check in to your resort and can be used at any time, in any combination, during your stay.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-- 1 Resort-refillable drink mug per person, which can be refilled at any quick-service restaurant at your Resort hotel[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Deluxe dining plan allows for some flexibility, in that one table service meal may be exchanged for one character dining experience. (All meals at Cinderella's Royal Table in Magic Kingdom Park require 2 table-service meal exchanges.) You may also exchange TWO table service meal credits for ONE "signature dining experience" at one of WDW's best restaurants, such as California Grill. You could also exchange TWO table service meal credits for certain categories of one Disney dinner show, such as the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue, or for In-Room Private Dining (see below).[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NOTE: Gratuity is not included unless otherwise indicated. An 18 percent gratuity will be added automatically for parties of 6 or more; a gratuity may also be added for items not included in the Dining Plan, such as alcoholic beverages.[/FONT]

Please note that tip and alchoholic beverages are not included.

My DH and I plan to use it for our 10 yr anniversary in Sept :)

Places we are using 2 credits: California Grill, Yachtsman Steakhouse and Artists Point

We also want to eat at LeCellier (our favorite) so we will use the extra credit for a sit-down breakfast. Since we are staying at the Poly we thought we would do O'Hana's for breakfast on the morning we leave......we went last year and the food was excellent.

We are going to the Brown Derby in April for the Fantasmic Dinner package so we want to try new places.

We are planning on the Deluxe plans for a couple of reasons. We want to try some of the more upscale places w/ out the kids (sorry kids, no offense but they just wouldn't enjoy them as much). It's our anniversary so we want to splurge a little. We also like to try the appetizers which you don't get on the regular plan.

Hope this info helps!

spb825

Original Poster
I have another question: If we want to do the Fantasmic package at one of the participating MGM Studios restaurants, can we use credits from the Deluxe Dining Plan?

Pioneer Hall

If you aren't planning on doing three table meals a day...I suggest treating yourself to the restaurants that need two credits. California Grill is a good choice. You might want to add Jiko, Narcoosees, Citricos, or Artist Point to that as well.

GoofyMom2

I have another question: If we want to do the Fantasmic package at one of the participating MGM Studios restaurants, can we use credits from the Deluxe Dining Plan?

According to allears.net:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Can I Use the Magic Your Way Dining Plan with the Fantasmic Dining Experience?[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yes, as of September 2, 2005, the Magic Your Way Dining Plan can be used to purchase a Fantasmic Dining Experience. You can also get the Fantasmic Dining Experience if you have the Magic Your Way Premium Package or the Platinum Package.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Hollywood & Vine and Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano both count as one Table Service meal for the Dining Plan, while the Brown Derby counts as a Signature experience, or two Table Service meals.

When you call to make a reservation, your credit card number will be taken, but the charge won't be put through (unless you are a no-show, or do not cancel at least 48 hours before your dining date). You will pay with your Magic Your Way Dining Plan when you dine, just as you would for any meal.
[/FONT]

So as stated above....yes :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom