Disney Delivery

BoBa BoI

I'm staying at a Disney resort and was wondering about this park store delivery thing. Its where yooh can have purchases made in the park or possibly other onsite places sent to yoor room. I was wondering how i can achieve this. Do i just tell the cashier i'd like it sent to my room, or do i have to go to specific places throughout the park? How long and what time of day will the items arive to my room? Will it be placed inside or outside the door of my room automatically, or will they call me first? Thanks

The Mom

Premium Member
If the store has delivery (not all do...just ask) tell the clerk your resort and room number (I think I had to show my card) Allow at least 4 hours for delivery...if it will take longer, they'll let you know. I found my packages waiting in my room...but I haven't used it in a while; it may have changed. Obviously, you can't use this feature the day of , or late evening before, check out.

Upvote 0

tiggerlover1971

you need to tell the cashier that you want the purchase sent to the room you need to have the room number and resort you are staying at. it will be sent the next day to your room. we usally get back at 5:00pm and the packages are waiting for you in the room the only day you can not use it is the day before you leave because they send it to the room the next day i have used it everytime and its wonderful

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
tiggerlover, you're right! I was confusing it with package pick up in the parks. You can have any purchase sent to package pick up at the exit, but you need a minimum of 4 hours. Packages we had delivered to our room did arrive during the next day, while we were out...not the same day!

Upvote 0

Maria

I think I read somewhere that they are not sent to your room anymore, they send them now to the hotel´s shop or front desk and you have to go claim them there.

Also, please tell the cast member you want your merchandise to be delivered to your hotel BEFORE they start the transaction otherwise is a pain to fill the form manually, not to mention the risk of having your merchandise missplaced because of a bad handwriting or missed information. :animwink:

Upvote 0

tiggerlover1971

thanks maria i havent done it in almost two years last year we stayed outside the park thanks for the info probably because someone complained that they came into the room when they werent there to drop of the packages

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
You're welcome, Tiggerlover! :)

And thank -you, Maria! It may not be quite as convenient as before, but it still beats lugging bags of stuff around the parks all day! ;)

Upvote 0

CMTinkerBell

Hotel Delivery can be done at most shops. Just tell the CM that you would like Hotel Delivery, and they will have it shipped back to your resort. It is sent to the resort, not to your room. It is usually there the next afternoon, therefore, you cannot be checking out the next day after you make a purchase. You can do Package Pick-Up, if you plan on staying the park for at least 3-4 hours. You can just pick up your purchases on the way out. Any other questions about these services, please ask me!

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Originally posted by tiggerlover1971
thanks maria i havent done it in almost two years last year we stayed outside the park thanks for the info probably because someone complained that they came into the room when they werent there to drop of the packages
I read that they did this because too many guests would calim someting was missing from the bag.

I believe you now have to check off the bag with the hotel staff and sign that everything is in there before they will let you take your purchases to your room.

Upvote 0

Scooter

Just a note::

I believe they still DO deliver packages directly to your room if you are staying at a CONCIERGE level room. They did that in MAY when we stayed at the Contemporary Concierge Tower Club room.:)

Upvote 0

Worldphile

One interesting note to this discussion is that you can't have a package at one resort delivered to another resort. For example, last December, we bought a shirt at the Polynesian for my nephew. We couldn't have it sent to the WL where we were staying.

Not sure how many people shop at other resorts shops, but something to keep in mind.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by Ratcat
I read that they did this because too many guests would claim something was missing from the bag.

I believe you now have to check off the bag with the hotel staff and sign that everything is in there before they will let you take your purchases to your room.

Gee, some people will stoop to such low levels to try and get something for nothing. It then spoils it for everyone else.

Only honest people suffer.

Upvote 0

goonsquads57

we stayed at Coronado Springs this past December. We were used to having our purchases delivered directly to our room on previous visits while satying at POFQ. This time, the most they could do is deliver it to the gift shop of our resort for pickup. Coronado is a big joint and lugging a lot of packages to the other side of the lagoon wasn't much fun. I guess it could always be worse.

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by Ratcat
I read that they did this because too many guests would calim someting was missing from the bag.

I totally agree with the new policy... it´s better this way... you can not trust so many people, and if it is not your package, you can always claim it right in the spot!... :animwink:

Also, I think it is a lot better to leave the packages somewhere else than in the room. It leads to possible trouble and missunderstandings, so it is better to avoid them that way.

For concierge levels it´s another story... I was in charge of a concierge level, and you get a more personalized service, so it´s harder that something goes wrong and it´s the concierge´s responsability to check times and things going in and out of your room, and people in the aisles. It´s kinda more trustable than in the rest of the hotel, I don´t know how to explain it... Security reasons, again... :animwink:

Upvote 0

Herbie53

Premium Member
Originally posted by Maria

For concierge levels it´s another story... I was in charge of a concierge level, and you get a more personalized service, so it´s harder that something goes wrong and it´s the concierge´s responsability to check times and things going in and out of your room, and people in the aisles. It´s kinda more trustable than in the rest of the hotel, I don´t know how to explain it... Security reasons, again... :animwink:

I'm guessing that concierge level packages still go through the resort gift shop, so they would still get checked. The concierge probably takes responsibility for the package from that point, making sure everything goes smoothly. Does that make sense? I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I can't imagine they rely purely on trust.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

we were at the all star movies May/June and we sent our packages to the hotel. When they arrived at the gift shop a CM would call the room and leave a message on our phone. Here is my big hint : Dont rush to the gift shop if you get back to your room late....like when a park is closing...the gift shop was packed and the CM's have to go in the back find your package, bring it to the desk, have you verify everything is correct, sign the slip and leave....not too much ....unless you have 50 people all wanting to do this at the same time LOL the second day I waited about half an hour and it made a huge difference...the parcels do arrive the following day. But it was still 100% better than having to haul the stuff around the park with five kids ....like I would have enough hands.....

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Of course, sometimes when guests complained that something was missing from their packages....something WAS missing from their packages! ;) I think it's fair to assume that not all guest claims were false. By changing the policy, both the resort and the guests are protected.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom