Disney Deals

kennyj29

I was wondering if anyone has heard of any good deals Disney is running for after the November 20th Fairy Tale Princess package of buying 4 days and getting 3 free. I haven't seen anything around and I'm getting upset. There are a lot of weeks between Nov. 20th and the end of the year that are not "holiday" weeks. Does anyone know anything?

shawn

I haven't heard of any either and I was hoping to go down in late sept with my wife and 18month old son for his 1st trip(well his 1st trip was in mommy's belly). Anywhere if anyone hears of any deals please let me know also. Last year they had really good deals for the fall I hope they do again this year.:confused: :confused:

Upvote 0

tercon57

We thought we were the only ones waiting for those late fall deals. We want to go at the end of November and are anxiously waiting for any kind of magical deals. It is just to soon for those deals to be available??

Upvote 0

tigsmom

There was a flier with my Disney Visa last month...must have thrown it out cause I can't find it. It had a Fall vac package.(didn't pay attention because we are going next month...sorry). I would say that the codes for the new packages should be out soon.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

welll I have two possible alternatives, I have an annual pass and the hotel rates they give for the passholders is at a pretty substantial discount ( about 35-40%) usually. If even one person in your party purchases has an Annual pass, he/she can book up to three rooms at that same great rate. The passholder rates havent been announced for that portion of the year either though.
The other option is to keep an eye on Mary Waring's website, Mousesavers.com. She is really outstanding at coming across deals for Disney and sharing her knowledge with all the folks out here in cyberspace!! Thanks for all your hard work, Mary!!!
Hope this helps!! Belle

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Just to give you an idea of the Passholder rates, I am going for 2 nights in the beginning of August and I am staying at the Coronado Springs resort (Moderate level resort). With my passholder discount I am paying $187 for the two nights. Without the discount it would have been $321.12!!! Also just a note Mousesavers seems to get the word about discounts far better than the hit and miss that Central Reservations usually has!!!

Upvote 0

kennyj29

Original Poster
Wannabebelle

Actually, I'm going through mousesavers. She said when the new packages comes out, she will contact me but she also said if I find out about a good package and she hasn't contacted me yet, that I could contact her first. That's why I'm asking. I know it's not until the end of November but I'm a planner. If I don't get good rates with the length of stay, I'll get the park hopper passes instead. But I would like to know only because I could plan the rest of what we are doing. Also, You mentioned that the moderate was cheap. We booked a room so far at the Poly, do you know if you get discounts on that also? Or is it just the moderate?

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Actually the savings are usually across the board at all of the resorts based on availability of course. When I went in October of last year my sister was able to get the Passholder rate at the Beach Club saving her somewhere around $200 a night there. Incidentally I just looked up when those rates came out it was very late July. Also, as told to me by the folks at Central Reservations, these are not guaranteed discounts. In looking at Mousesavers site though I dont see a time when they didnt come out!!! I understand about the planning thing though, as I am the same way!! You could also book a room only reservation now under the regular prices and then rebook for the length of stay package later if a good rate comes out. Just pay attention to the cancellation dates as you could get charged a penalty if you dont cancel the first ressie before the date specified. Personally Id wait as I think it will only be about 2 more weeks or so. If you need a sympathetic ear, I will more than gladly help out. Also if you do find a good deal, please post it on here as I am planning on going in October for the MNSSHP and the Food & Wine Festival!! Thanks!! Belle:animwink:

Upvote 0

kennyj29

Original Poster
Thanks, Wannabebelle, that helps. I'll try to be a little more patient. But I know you know how excited you get booking for Disney, I read your posts all the time. I think next year we will get annual passes though and try to go at least twice. It's hard from NY depending on the deal with the airfare. If we could get great rates from the AP's and good airfare, I would definitley go more than once. Anyway, thanks again!!!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I agree with the annual pass thing. I bought mine last year ( just the annual pass, not the Premium annual pass) and I love it. I just priced them today for a friend of mine and the cost was $392.99. If you factor in the savings that you get on the resorts alone it will pay for itself!
As far as airfare, I would tell you to check out of Laguardia or Kennedy airports depending on where you are coming from. I have found great deals there as well as Jet Blue and Spirit airlines. Newark, which is the closest airport to me, lately has been WAY overpriced. The trick for airfares is to look early and often. For roundtrip once it goes below $160 per person jump on it!!!! The lowest I have gotten for October was $138 from Spirit and $145 for Jet Blue. November should be no problem for reasonable airfares though except maybe around Thanksgiving. Good luck and give a shout if you need any moral support!!! Belle

Upvote 0

wiskband

I too have been waiting.........not nessesarily for any packages but at disney.com they usually have specials for hotel only and I havent seen anything yet. anyone know if there going to be doing that this year or did their packages take up all availibilty?:veryconfu

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Well I can tell you I made a call for a friend of mine who wants to go during the month of August and there were passholder rate rooms to be had both at the value and moderate levels. And that is while school is still out. I cant imagine that they would have sold so many packages for a period of time when school is in!!! I am going to keep my fingers crossed!! Belle

Upvote 0

kennyj29

Original Poster
Walt Disney Website

I just went into the web site this morning and noticed on the main page there were three boxes on the left side. One was for vacation planning and one was for vacation specials and one was for the Disney Visa Card. I noticed that the vacation specials box is missing. Does that mean they are about to update it?

Upvote 0

Eileen

Hi! I got a great deal! The package is available from now until November sometime. It is called the fantasy Package. You get seven nights at any resort for the price of four. I saved over $500 dollars from last years trip. My husband , my three kids and I stayed only 5 nights last year. The Ultimate Park Hopper pass is included for all of us too! I am so excited! We go in 30 days and counting!!!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey all, I just got off the phone with Disney and unfortunately there is no discount packages of any type available at the moment. Certainly nothing that would come close to the Fairy Tale Package ( Her and I agreed that was just the cat's meow)
I was advised that the passholder rates for the fall would be released "Soon". Once again anything that anyone hears, please post!! Together we can all get to Disney for a few less dollars!!! Every little bit helps!! Belle

Upvote 0

kennyj29

Original Poster
That was a great deal! However, the deal ended on November 20th and we are going Nov. 29th. So we missed it by a week. We are waiting for the next deal to come out to include the week we are going.......Have fun when you go, say Hi to Mickey for me.!!

Upvote 0

Eileen

:wave: Thank you! The only problem is not having a husband that is not as crazy about disney as I am. But we'll ahve fun anyway! I will make him Disney World obsessed one day!

:animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom