Disney Cruise

After watching an old travel channel special last night DH and I are thinking about a Disney cruise. I searched here and checked out the awesome guide at allearsnet, but I just wanted to see what everyone thought of their cruise experience. We are both new to cruising, so would this be a good option for 2 adults (no kids). Also it looks like all meals, snacks, and non-alcoholic beverages are included....is this pretty standard for all cruise ships? Let me know what you think! Thanks!!!:wave:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
It's been a while, but we did a Land&Sea on the Magic. It was excellent!

The cruise is as laid back or as busy as you want to make it. It can also be as relaxed or romantic as you want to make it.

Yes, all food, snacks [including room service] and non-alcoholic drinks at meals are included.

Upvote 0
LOVED the Disney Cruise. We went back in 01', and we sailed on the Wonder for 4 nights. Food, N/A drinks, and snacks ARE included. You just head on over to Pinnochio's hut for pizza, hotdogs, fries, soda, milk...desserts like chocolate cake, cheesecake, etc. AMAZING!

At night, you choose a dinner time, and they put you and another family together for dinner. We thought that would be a bit odd, but we got to know a super nice family from California, and hung out with them the rest of the trip!

They have Karaoke, Dueling Pianos, Bars, Disney theater entertainment, spas, 3 pools...

At Castaway Cay, my little sister and I went parasailing. You can go snorkeling, swim with dolphins, bike ride...

All the restaurants are amazing...my parents loved Palo, the adults only restaurant. I was 18, so I could've gone, but it was their anniversary, so the sibs and I hung out instead.

GO! You'll have so much fun!:wave:

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

I guess my post won't be of much help either, but we're going on our first cruise ever on the Disney Wonder for our honeymoon in January. I wanted WDW, she wanted somewhere exotic. A Disney cruise, along with a few days at WDW, are our compromise. Since it's our honeymoon I sprung for a Cat. 5 stateroom with a verandah.

I guess the only advice I can give at this point is to book early for the best deal and skip the Disney insurance. InsureMyTrip.com has comparable or better insurance for a cheaper price.

Upvote 0

tidoubleguher

Cruise

DO IT!!! We've done two Disney cruises, and if I could afford it I'd live on the Magic. Even W/O kids it will be great, unless you go near the kid's areas you won't realize how many kids there are on board, they keep them too busy.

Upvote 0

gboiler1

We enjoyed a 3 day cruise on the Wonder last year and my best piece of advice is do a 4 or 7 day cruise. 3 days is not enough. We just settled in and it was time to leave.

Castaway Cay was wonderful, but we wished we'd stayed on board during the stop to Nassau. We went to Atlantis, but just walked around the grounds as the tour of The Dig was expensive. Unless you are into shopping for duty free items or really want to experience the Bahamas, enjoy some of the offerings on the ship.

Also the food was fabulous at all 3 restaurants and the shows each night are excellent.

Enjoy your trip when you take it!

Upvote 0

Livi's Mama

We loved our Disney cruise so much that we rebooked onboard for next year! My husband said it was the best (and most relaxing) vacation he's ever had. We went on a 3-day cruise in May of this year, and it's true--three days, as wonderful as it is, is just too short! But it's a great way to try out cruising for the first time without spending too much money.

AND--the Flying Dutchman from the recent Pirates of the Caribbean is "parked" at Castaway Cay right now. It's a great bonus! If you can go this year, they've got some great deals for late summer/early fall.

Upvote 0

SallyShine

We've been on two 4 day cruises. All I can say is "Go for 7 days"!! The Disney Cruise is the best vacation you will ever go on. We loved it. I would suggest the Western Caribbean with two stops at Castaway Cay!

Upvote 0

KSdisneydad

I agree...do it!

We have been to WDW at least once (sometimes up to three times) a year since 1998.

We did our first 7 day cruise last September and decided to go back again this year and forgo a trip to the Mouse (we are staying one night and doing MNSSHP).

There are a lot of adult only activities. I don't know about dinner, but I would assume your head server could accomodate you if you didn't want to be at a table with kids. We had a group of 7 (my parents went with us) and we had our own table.

We did the wine tastings, adult only pool, Palos adult-only restaurant, adult clubs and lounges, adult only beach and bar at Castaway Cay, spa and exercise room, etc., etc.

It is more relaxing than a trip to WDW, but at the same time is hectic in its own way. As a matter of fact, the one thing we want to do differently this time is to relax a little more and not plan so much (i.e. excursions, etc.).

If you do have kids, they will love the clubs or lab. Our spent several hours a day in the clubs, at the pool, etc. and have said they'd rather go back on a cruise than go back to WDW this year.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We are doing the cruise in October of 07. The closer it gets, the more I am looking forward to it. I just hope they still have one or both of the ships from POTC at CC by then.

Upvote 0

wedway71

I saw that special last night too.First 2 times we went with Carnival and it was pretty fun.Then we did Disney.........WOW what a differnce-great cruise...

Ships are super clean-you can can eat off the floors,crew was great,food was great,LOVED IT.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

The Disney Cruises are great, though much more expenseive than similar cruises from other lines.

For the true "Disney Experience", though, I'd highly recommend you try it at least once! But be careful...if this is your first cruise, as you mentioned, you will be spoiled by the Disney Cruises and find it hard not to constantly compare that experience with any other cruiseline you may take in the future! :lol:

Yes...all meals and snacks are included, but the non-alcoholic beverages are only free DURING MEALS. In true Disney fashion, you can buy a mug to use at the self service drink locations around the ship for drinks in between meals.

The ports of call are fun, with Disney's private Island (Castaway Cay) being the true highlight of the trip.

I'd go all the time if I could, but my good financial sense kicks in and I can often find much better rooms and deals on other cruiselines. Overall I'd stick with my first comment and say "Try it at lkeast once!"

GOOD LUCK!

:wave:

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

Livi's Mama said:
If you can go this year, they've got some great deals for late summer/early fall.

I would assume they have great deals every year for this time. It's hurricane season :lol:

Disclaimer: They do a good job of avoiding the storms, though some cruises can be re-routed or visit alternate ports of call.

Upvote 0

celticdog

PSU_Princess said:
Did anyone travel without kids? Were there a lot of adult only activities? Were you seated with other adults at dinner? Did you try the spa?

Yes. The woman and I went without kids. We were seated with other adults that were close to the same age as us. Which gave all of us things in common. There are plenty of adult only activities. There is a daily listing that gets placed on you bed each night. It gives you a chance to plan for the next day. Deck 10 Aft is an adult only resturant, Palo, which is a must do! Deck 9 Foward is an adult only pool with hottub. The shore excursions will be a mix of people. The nightlife is absolute fun. Make an extra effort to see the Dueling Pianos. We had Jeff and Julie and we had great fun. The theater productions are an absolute must. They rival anything on Broadway. We didn't have time for the spa. Our trip was high energy and non-stop motion.

Upvote 0

wpgminnie

Go On A Disney Cruise

Do you have a happy place? Castaway Cay is my happy place!
Disney cruises are unique... you get first run Disney movies at
the on ship theatre (watched Pirates I and Nemo in 2003). You
get Disney shows and a great spa! If you want to see the children
on board, then go visit them... or else 18 years and older have
their own pool, their own lounge, and their own beach at
Castaway Cay! On my two cruises... not a lot of children at the
8:30 sitting for dinner! I love the "casual" feel of a 4 day cruise.
(Need to get dressed up for a 7 day cruise!) May your cruise be
as magical as our two cruises. Hope to go in 2007!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom