Disney Cruise Ship Titles announced

jhastings74

shoot...you all beat me to it.

Courtesy of the Orlando Sentinel:

Disney names new cruise ships: Dream and Fantasy

Jason Garcia | Sentinel Staff Writer 1:54 PM EDT, March 10, 2009 The Walt Disney Co. today announced new names for the new Disney Cruise Line ships being built in Germany.

The Disney "Dream" will begin sailing in 2011 and the Disney "Fantasy" will join the fleet in 2012, Disney Chief Executive Officer Bob Iger said during the company's annual shareholder meeting today in Oakland, Calif.

Both new ships will begin by sailing out of Port Canaveral through at least 2014. They will join Disney's existing Magic and Wonder vessels.

hokielutz

Actually, I was more mocking.

But imagine - they were so close. They could have added 2 syllables and had a really great name for a Cruise ship:

Dreamfinder

Well then the ship would have to have a giant plaid balloon over top of it, and it would need to fly.

WDW1974

I didn't complain ... I simply expressed my view that the names were predictable.

And as for the Fantasy, I am almost positive Carnival either has or had a ship by the same name.

~Let's Sail Away~

Einselen

I didn't complain ... I simply expressed my view that the names were predictable.

And as for the Fantasy, I am almost positive Carnival either has or had a ship by the same name.

~Let's Sail Away~

This is true and it is still active in the fleet. Guess that throws my theory out.

WDITrent

It's true, Carnival has ships with both of those names, still active. I sailed on the Fantasy in June, and Carnival recently announced their new ship entitled Dream. Disney should have gone with Wish.

Mr.EPCOT

They probably did rock, paper, scissors to see if it would be Dream or Wish.

Perhaps rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock?

Seriously, I wish they had come up with something a little more meaningful. The ships now have all of the exact same names as the tower buildings at the Disneyland Hotel.

Mr.EPCOT

^Except Sierra.

The Disney Sierra...

Nope, they changed them all. The three towers are now Dreams, Wonder, and Magic. I think once a fanboy gains control of the Disney company in the far future, they should change the ship names to Bonita, Sierra, and Marina. :lol:

lscott933

they should of had a contest to have people pick nameof the ships like other cruise lines do. they would of had a great marketing tool but i guess they didn't want to spend the money on the campaign. instead it was 23 they chose to marketed huh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom