Disney Cruise Ship rescue

HS0411

Phonedave

Welcome to the world of working on ship! It's nothing special in my eyes that DCL did it. They just got lucky and found the guy. If one of DCL's guest falls overboard, they would issue a distress call to Carnival or whoever else was around them. That is a major crusing channel they found him in.

I wonder if it affected the Wonder's itinerary since it looks like they had to return to Port Canaveral. I can only imagine the complaints I'd be getting at Guest Services. People can be so rude sometimes...

Well I would not necessarly complain to the WDW people, but I would expect some sort of compensation - from Carnival, or the guy who jumped.

It's one thing if, for example, a person fell overboard by accident, but for some idiot to jump over and ruin my cruise (which on a Disney ship is not cheap) well thats that different story.

I was also *this* close to being on that cruise - but we went last week instead.

And, while the guy is an idiot for jumping, can you imagine how frightning that must be. Treading water as your ship sails away, not being able to see anything (it was night) and wondering if anybody is even trying to find you.

-dave

HS0411

Well I would not necessarly complain to the WDW people, but I would expect some sort of compensation - from Carnival, or the guy who jumped.

I just reread what you just said and totally agree with you. Thank you for going after who caused the problem and not DCL. It's guests like you that make me miss my job.

CMTinkerbell99

Welcome to the world of working on ship! It's nothing special in my eyes that DCL did it. They just got lucky and found the guy. If one of DCL's guest falls overboard, they would issue a distress call to Carnival or whoever else was around them. That is a major crusing channel they found him in.

I wonder if it affected the Wonder's itinerary since it looks like they had to return to Port Canaveral. I can only imagine the complaints I'd be getting at Guest Services. People can be so rude sometimes...

The Wonder was returning to CP after the 4 night cruise. The 3 nights leave on Thursdays. So guest we were not impacted too much. HTH

rock_doctor

Disney i am sure is taking some heat from its customers but probably not too much. I am sure the "jumper" will get a bill from the Coasties plus will spend a few days in jail as well as a few days in a psych hospital. Jumping is the same as trying to commit suicide. The Disney ship likely cut one port of call if they need to refund any money they will likely eat it. Good P.R. is worth its weight in gold. And pulling this idiot...i mean jumper (same difference) from the ocean is good P.R. as well as good karma. Good for them. :sohappy:

The real question is, what was on the guys mind when he was floating in the ocean and then spotted the image of Goofy handing off the side of the ship that is coming towards him.... :rolleyes:

HS0411

The Wonder was returning to CP after the 4 night cruise. The 3 nights leave on Thursdays. So guest we were not impacted too much. HTH

I'm an idiot! I can't tell you how many times I've been through the 3 & 4 night cruises. The "sea day" would have been cut short, but I'm assuming they let the guests stay on-board.

Tom

Beta Return
Hmmm

On the down side, Disney prevented natural selection from working its course.

On the up side, MAYBE, just MAYBE, this will help offset some of the negative publicity Disney's been getting in recent months.

Whether he fell or jumped, I'd be beyond mad if my cruise got cut short in order to take him back to shore. Bring a chopper and come get his sorry butt. Do you know how hard it is to FALL off a cruise ship? You have to try (or be so wasted you deserve it). No sympathy coming from me :brick:

WDW Vacationer

ultimatefacepalm.gif
Loving that huh?:lol:

fmingo36

I'm booked for a Carnival Cruise later this month but I really want to go a Disney cruise and can't afford it. Mmmmm...maybe this guy is on to something!;)

Big Cheese

... but I would expect some sort of compensation - from Carnival, or the guy who jumped.

And that folks, pretty much sums up everything wrong in the world today.
mememememememememememememe, it's all about me.

Compensation? Gimme a freakin break! :hammer::brick:

Big Cheese

And so the fool who jumped didn't suffer from this same "memememe" complex? :shrug: I'm thinking it was a pretty selfish act on his behalf. :rolleyes:

I totally agree, but it hardly warrants compensation for the cruise passengers.
Though if it caused ME to miss a flight, I may have to reconsider. :shrug:LOL
I'd probably be happy with a MouseEar Krispee treat though.

Curious how long it was delayed back to port.

brich

I'm just saying.... ;)

I will say if it was my Cruise and I missed something because of this chooch, I wouldn't expect something back from Disney but I would be pi$$ed at said chooch and even Carnival, yet I'm not sure exactly what Carnival's role is, if any, other than not having chooch patrols to prevent these things (as if thats possible)... :cool:

Oh well. All's well that ends well....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom