Disney Cruise Ship rescue

luvlifeinfl

Original Poster
Just finished reading this in the Orlando Sentiel.

Reports show a Walt Disney World cruise ship rescued a man in the Atlantic Ocean overnight who had fallen from another ship.

The 34-year-old man remains aboard the Disney Wonder at Port Canaveral this morning.

U.S. Coast Guard records show the Disney ship picked up the man near Port St. Lucie sometime after midnight. He had fallen from the Carnival Sensation cruise ship shortly after 11 p.m. Wednesday.

It is unclear how the man fell from the cruise ship.

A chopper and two boats from the Coast Guard in Miami had tried to find the man, but the Disney craft spotted him first.

Preliminary reports show the man is in good health and requested to be returned to Carnival Sensation.

heartodisney

:sohappy: Great save for the Disney ship...bad for the other liner..been on a couple of cruises..tried not to be stupid enough to FALL off a ship..boy..has he got some splanin to do! :lol: :lookaroun

SWatsi

That's brilliant.
Obviously not so great for the other ship though.

Above all else, glad the daft sod is alright after his little adventure!!
Would like to know how he fell off.. what's he been getting up to eh??

tigsmom

What is it with the Carnival cruises that people are always jumping off/falling overboard? :shrug:

Nice save for the Disney crew! :king:

trr1

Orlando Sentinel updated there story and said the man jumped off the other cruise ship. If that is true what a dumby to jump off and cause all this trouble to find him. Glad Disney was able to find him.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-bk-disney-cruise-ship-090309,0,2226058.story

Could this be the start of the good news we have been waiting for since the past month didnt contain much. I hope so
If this is true then here is a quote from that 70's show
DUMB____S

EPCOTPluto

What is it with the Carnival cruises that people are always jumping off/falling overboard? :shrug:
You know the Carnivals: One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, FLOOR! :lookaroun:lol:

And a nice save by the DCL Crew! Why did he want to go back to the other liner? I would enjoy the Disney liner! :lookaroun:lol:

disfan411

brich

The lengths people go to to get on a Disney Cruise....
Once people find out it's cheaper to book Carnival and then jump to a Disney ship, it'll be the latest trend in economic travel... :eek:

EPCOTPluto

UPDATE, 1:02 PM ET:Orlando's local CBS television affiliate is reporting that the man who allegedly jumped off the Carnival Sensation last night was heard arguing with a woman just before the incident.
"He threatened to jump, and she said, 'Go ahead,' and he did,"
passenger Marie McDonald tells Orlando's Local 6 News. "Then we heard the man screaming, 'Help! Help!"'

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=68498346.blog
ultimatefacepalm.gif

HS0411

Welcome to the world of working on ship! It's nothing special in my eyes that DCL did it. They just got lucky and found the guy. If one of DCL's guest falls overboard, they would issue a distress call to Carnival or whoever else was around them. That is a major crusing channel they found him in.

I wonder if it affected the Wonder's itinerary since it looks like they had to return to Port Canaveral. I can only imagine the complaints I'd be getting at Guest Services. People can be so rude sometimes...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom